Wiki Posts
Search

Usual qualifying nights now non-qualifying

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2014, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, ICH Spire
Usual qualifying nights now non-qualifying

Is anyone else having or has had problems with their usual qualifying nights suddenly getting rated as non-qualifying?

The nights were all booked through the website at Advance Purchase Rates as I have always done (I'm Platinum Elite status). I know all the bookings gave the "pointed to be earned" values on the booking confirmation page as I recently totaled them all up to see when/if I would re-qualify for Platinum (sad but true!!).

However, these stays (the last three in a row) are coming up as non-qualifying on my statement. I have contacted IHG to report the discrepencies but all the replies coming back say that they are confirming these as non-qualifying and referring me to sections 11 and 12 of their T&C.

Reading the T&C confirms to me that these were qualifying nights, but I can't get IHG to tell me why they continue to call them non-qualifying.

Anyone else had these issues? Shame, as I have never had any troubles before with IHG rewards which I always consider to be one of the better reward schemes.
Old May 11, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by daluaine
Is anyone else having or has had problems with their usual qualifying nights suddenly getting rated as non-qualifying?

The nights were all booked through the website at Advance Purchase Rates as I have always done (I'm Platinum Elite status). I know all the bookings gave the "pointed to be earned" values on the booking confirmation page as I recently totaled them all up to see when/if I would re-qualify for Platinum (sad but true!!).

However, these stays (the last three in a row) are coming up as non-qualifying on my statement. I have contacted IHG to report the discrepencies but all the replies coming back say that they are confirming these as non-qualifying and referring me to sections 11 and 12 of their T&C.

Reading the T&C confirms to me that these were qualifying nights, but I can't get IHG to tell me why they continue to call them non-qualifying.

Anyone else had these issues? Shame, as I have never had any troubles before with IHG rewards which I always consider to be one of the better reward schemes.
Most rates on the IHG website should be eligible for points and stay credits unless some special rates like Friends and Family rate which specifically stated it's non-qual.
You should have a confirmation email. Capture and send it to the IHG and they will take care. Or, just make a call. Usually they correct it instantly.
Old May 11, 2014, 5:13 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.3; en-gb; GT-I9300 Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Do you use a cashback site? (such as Mr Rebates). This seems to have started to trigger non qualifying stays recently, but I've had no problems getting them adjusted.
Old May 11, 2014, 6:56 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
My last stay for the Big Win posted this way; I've submitted a points request form twice but haven't even gotten a confirmation email either time. Will call them about it later today.
Old May 11, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
I have had a few issues recently, even with best flex rates showing up as non qualifying. I think their systems have been changed and there is an error, and when you query it by email I think the discounted rate line is just a standard response.

Personally, I have found a telephone call much more effective at sorting these issues out.
Old May 11, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Agree - telephone call is the way to get these sorted. And if the first agent will not adjust, just call again!
Old May 11, 2014, 8:02 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
I have had a few issues recently, even with best flex rates showing up as non qualifying. I think their systems have been changed and there is an error, and when you query it by email I think the discounted rate line is just a standard response.

Personally, I have found a telephone call much more effective at sorting these issues out.
I agree, it's a standard response, driving away >70% of the claimants, and also losing around 50% of those as loyal customers.

No need to call, though. Just write back that you booked the Advanced Saver Rate and state that it is QUALIFYING. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

HTB.
Old May 11, 2014, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, ICH Spire
After about 8 emails, they have now credited the stays. However, it is "as a gesture", they are still insisting they were non-qualifying stays and will not tell me why they are thinking these are non-qualifying stays. Here is the reply:

"After reviewing your account, we have confirmed that the stay in question does not qualify to earn credit per sections 11 & 12 of the IHG Rewards Club Terms and Conditions. However, as a gesture of our commitment to serve you better, we have credited the stay to your account"

These were Advance Purchase Rates on their website - so no 3rd party booking. And so it does comply under section 11 (obviously an automated response)

I will start keeping screen grabs of the "points to be earned" on the confirmations (that disappear after you've stayed and your upcoming reservation drops off the list?) - but a pain to have to do this for something that used to be straightforward and reliable
Old May 11, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I guess treatment is worse for non RA. I've had all my last stays posted as non-qualifying as well. I've just emailed them the info and they've always replied after fixing it. I've had a mix of best flexible and advance saver.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:25 pm

[QUOTE=daluaine;22845627]Is anyone else having or has had problems with their usual qualifying nights suddenly getting rated as non-qualifying?

Another data point: My last three stays (end of April - beginning of May) at qualifying rates have all posted as nonqualifying stays. I used Ebates as a portal to book two and Mr. Rebates as a portal for the third. IHG promptly changed them to qualifying stays when I questioned the postings, one query by phone and two by email.
Old May 13, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Everything seems to be back to normal. My last two stays have posted as qualifying with the correct points (after having 7 stays post as non-qualifying but after emails were corrected). One was a AAA rate, one was an advance purchase rate. One through ebates (AAA), one through Mr. Rebates. They posted on Saturday and today.
Old May 13, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
In mid-April, I had three in a row AAA rates which didn't qualify (and ditto for one of my colleagues who was traveling at the same time). Oddly enough one of the nights is the same rate same hotel where I got credit the previous week. I submitted point discrepancies and got an answer within 24 hours:
We have reviewed your request for credit on your stay and we have confirmed that the previous posting of the stay in question was done inadvertently. In this regard, we have made the necessary adjustment in order for your account to receive the appropriate amount of credits.

The following has been adjusted to your account:

Date: 21 April 2014
Night: 1

Your current account balance is #,###,###. The above adjustment should be available for immediate viewing in your online account via www.ihgrewardsclub.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.
It seems the glitch has been fixed and subsequent stays have all posted.
Old May 13, 2014, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Twice I have booked the rate plus the 1000 point bonus. On both occasions, showed up as non qualifying. Sent an email out and had points adjusted within 24 hours.
Old May 13, 2014, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by kaaria
Twice I have booked the rate plus the 1000 point bonus. On both occasions, showed up as non qualifying. Sent an email out and had points adjusted within 24 hours.
Did they credit the 1000 bonus points as qualifying points?

A colleague at work is currently in debate regarding several stays where her 'bonus' points have not need added to the qualifying tally and she is being told they aren't qualifying.

These packages cause issues every now and again and I don't think IHG are doing their staff any favours by calling them bonus points packages as the staff just see bonus and say non qualifying. Perhaps a rename to something like points boost would help.
Old May 13, 2014, 5:19 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chrism20
These packages cause issues every now and again and I don't think IHG are doing their staff any favours by calling them bonus points packages as the staff just see bonus and say non qualifying. Perhaps a rename to something like points boost would help.
I don't think the name is to blame. The staff just see "someone wants points" and seeem to send out " does not qualify, please refer to sections 1-100 of the T&Cs" without even thinking about it any further. The success rate is probably >90% which greatly helps to fulfill their targets of as many cases closed per day as possible.

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.