Holiday Inn Club Vacations

Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:40 pm
DrG

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
This is an unpublished offer made only to PCR Members who stay at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations ORLANDO - ORANGE LAKE RESORT, KISSIMMEE, FLORIDA.

Upon check-in you will be asked (optional - entirely your call) to participate in a 90 minute presentation the next day on ownership (Timeshare) where everyone is offered a $100 voucher for use in the area "but" PCR Members can select 16,000 PCR pts instead if they wish. Now if you have time (actually takes 2 hrs ) to kill anyway and want a free continental breakfast its an easy way to p/u 16K in points.
Is this offer available to those who do not actually stay a night at the property? I am local and would consider driving over and sitting through the presentation for the 16,000 pts.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
Thank you for posting this detailed review. It is very informative. I am considering a stay at this property to take advantage of the 4nights/25k promo. I have a question for you:
1) Is there a better section of the resort (out of four) to stay in? You stayed in the North and next time in the East?
Thank you.
I'm not an expert on the property but this is what I understand the configuration to be:

There are four villages, the North, East, West and River Island.

River Island is by far the newest. They are established in 'condo' units. The negative about them is they are stacked 4 high (four floors) and some of the layouts feature split/locked units, so if you only need a 1 bedroom unit, the other two bedrooms will be split with a separate unit. I don't know HOW they are split, so it feels awkward--is it like the double-doors you have in a regular hotel when you have two 'adjoining' rooms? So we've opted to skip River Island for the time being.

The North and East villages are essentially identical.

EDIT: The units are identical but the buildings are totally different.

North Village: They seem to be formed of 2 story buildings with 4-6 condos in each, the lower floor being two 3-bedroom units or two 2-bed and one 1-bed and the upper floor being two 2-bedroom units. They have been part of a refurbishment project and at least the unit we stayed in in the North Village was one of those refurbished as it had the luxurious spa bath in the master bedroom.

East Village: These are newer than the North Village villas and are pre-built to the 'luxury' standards. They are formed of 6-story blocks (yikes!) with about 6 units across per building. We have been placed in a top-floor unit so I can't tell whether or not the people below us might be disturbed by us moving about. I have heard the neighbors through the shared wall next to us, so it's not built to a super high standard but pretty decent. There are elevators for these buildings (the North Village does not have elevators to get to the second-floor units).

The West village is I believe the oldest area without having been refurbished. The larger units are stand-alones so you get your own private driveway etc. The smaller units I believe are put together in multi-story buildings.

At first we were keen to stay in the West Village for the privacy factor but in the end we found the North village so modern and serene we wanted to stay there again. Unfortunately the North village wasn't available for our second trip but the East Village is essentially identical so we're hoping for the best.

As far as my recommendations go, I would suggest the North and East villages since we've stayed in the North and the East should be identical. I wouldn't suggest the West village until it's been completely refurbished as why would you pay the same amount for units which will offer you less? As for the River Island units, just from our experience I'm not keen on the split units with the multi-level buildings, as even our neighbors upstairs who were by no means loud were still audible to us. So imagine having people above, beside, AND below your unit--it could get very noisy! Plus some of them overlook one of the main pools, whereas the North and East villages are primarily situated next to the VERY quiet golf course!

Also: there were plenty of car parking spots in each unit area (about 8 spots per 4-condo unit) so we needn't have worried about that!

This website is pretty good for showing you the layouts of the various villas and units plus has some other information on the resort:
http://www.hiclubvacations.com/floorplans/orlando.html

Last edited by londongal796; May 31, 2012 at 8:02 am
Old Dec 21, 2010, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by londongal796
I'm not an expert on the property but this is what I understand the configuration to be:
Thanks again. This is exactly the information I was interested in.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 7:51 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
Thank you for posting this detailed review. It is very informative. I am considering a stay at this property to take advantage of the 4nights/25k promo. I have a question for you:
1) Is there a better section of the resort (out of four) to stay in? You stayed in the North and next time in the East?
Thank you.
River Island is the newest and if you think you will not use any facilities except the pool with the lazy river,this is the place to be. When we were there, only one building was open, but I think the second is probably occupied by now.

If you are golfers, then the East Village is a good location. You can walk to the course and it is secluded and quieter than RI. You can walk to RI easily from the southernmost end of this village.

My previous reviews not withstanding, the property offers a lot, my main gripe is with management and customer service.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
I just finished a brief stay for business at the Lake Geneva Grand Resort. I searched the IHG website and picked what looked like the best bang for the buck in the area in which I was working.

The place is absolutely enormous, having originally been built as a Playboy Club resort in the late 1960s, extensively remodelled and refurbished since. I guess Wisconsin in February is ultra-low season for them, so that probably explains the rate. At breakfast on the first morning, the restaurant could probably have supported several hundred diners....there were just the two of us. What's weird is that the IHG accommodation is a few minutes' DRIVE from the check-in, and our rooms were not serviced during our stay, my colleague had to get more shampoo from the front desk.

Not the end of the world, but not what we were expecting, and not explained at check-in. I guess they just don't get many people staying in the way we did, it's either people on timeshares or attendees of conferences and suchlike.

AFAICT I won't be receiving Award Points / Stay Credit, which is annoying, I guess I didn't do my homework properly in reading the small print, The Vacations and Rewards businesses are completely separate. That said, my bill indicates I will get the 500 welcome points as a Spire Elite.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Motorskills
I just finished a brief stay for business at the Lake Geneva Grand Resort. I searched the IHG website and picked what looked like the best bang for the buck in the area in which I was working.

The place is absolutely enormous, having originally been built as a Playboy Club resort in the late 1960s, extensively remodelled and refurbished since. I guess Wisconsin in February is ultra-low season for them, so that probably explains the rate. At breakfast on the first morning, the restaurant could probably have supported several hundred diners....there were just the two of us. What's weird is that the IHG accommodation is a few minutes' DRIVE from the check-in, and our rooms were not serviced during our stay, my colleague had to get more shampoo from the front desk.

Not the end of the world, but not what we were expecting, and not explained at check-in. I guess they just don't get many people staying in the way we did, it's either people on timeshares or attendees of conferences and suchlike.

AFAICT I won't be receiving Award Points / Stay Credit, which is annoying, I guess I didn't do my homework properly in reading the small print, The Vacations and Rewards businesses are completely separate. That said, my bill indicates I will get the 500 welcome points as a Spire Elite.

A pleasant surprise this morning, I received an email from HolidayInnClubVacations confirming my Rewards Points, wasn't expecting that. Whether that was routine, or because I am Spire Elite, or maybe even because of this thread, I am unclear. But I'm not complaining either way!

With any luck, I will have received credit for the nights stayed as well.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:47 pm

I’ve been an owner of a biennial week at the Ridge Resorts, Lake Tahoe. A nice consistent place that we like going to every two years. Stable as a rock.

Until this week, when it was purchased by Holiday Inn Club Vacations. They insist that nothing will change for current owners, but we all know that something will change, albeit slowly and minimally.

Can’t quite tell if this is going to be a good thing (I’m an IHG Platinum, or maybe I can use my IHG card to pay my dues!) or if it’ll be a bust. I imagine that the Ridge was having some difficulty keeping its head above water, hence the sale. That’s just speculation, of course.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
4n/5d at HI Club Ridge Resorts, South Lake Tahoe

Hi,
We have a 4 n/5d trip to the HI South Lake Tahoe location coming up later this week. The sales preview presentation is this Sat. We are not looking to buy and more of just want to know what the experience is with IHG and the prices etc. Got a decent deal on this stay thru their sales team, so cannot complain.
Question - Anything I need to be aware of for this presentation? I have attended Marriot and Hilton earlier and they are not pushy or insulting. How is IHG Club in this regard?
Thx
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Hi,
We have a 4 n/5d trip to the HI South Lake Tahoe location coming up later this week. The sales preview presentation is this Sat. We are not looking to buy and more of just want to know what the experience is with IHG and the prices etc. Got a decent deal on this stay thru their sales team, so cannot complain.
Question - Anything I need to be aware of for this presentation? I have attended Marriot and Hilton earlier and they are not pushy or insulting. How is IHG Club in this regard?
Thx
First, HICV operates very independently. Whatever they do, I would put it under IHG.
I had one in the Oak n' Spruce Resort, MA in 2017. They promised they would let me go after 2 hours, but they weren't letting me go after 3 hours. Very pushy, and I had to keep telling them the time was over. I was interested in learning how the system works, but the sales rep was not very professional and couldn't answer some of my questions. I still found it worthy, though, given how much I got out of the package.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.