Crowne Plaza (LAX)

Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond,Southwest A-List Preferred, Alaska MVP Gold
Restaurant nearby?

Can anyone recommend a restaurant nearby that my 70 year old parents will enjoy? They won't have a car but can take a taxi.

Also, my dad booked a club room. Is the lounge open on Friday nights?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite + a bunch of nothings thanks to covid
Crowne Plaza (LAX)

Yes the lounge will be open that evening for drinks/canapés, but not on the Saturday morning for breakfast.

We were given vouchers for the full buffet in the restaurant instead.

For what we paid this hotel was fantastic value.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond,Southwest A-List Preferred, Alaska MVP Gold
Crowne Plaza (LAX)

Thank you! They will be excited!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: LT NoN REV
breakfast buffet two thumbs down...
Old Oct 25, 2013, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I just stayed there night before last, the lounge attendant is an incredible guy! Unlimited free beer and wine. I had been chatting with a fellow drinking beer, while I had wine. The attendant came over regularly to inquire if we wanted more, and the last time he came through to announce service would be ending shortly, I let him know I was through for the night, but my friend said "sure" and was given another bottle right away. A while later, as the attendant passed by our table to take the liquor bottles back downstairs to the bar, he nimbly plucked a beer bottle out, deposited it by my friend with a wink, and sailed out into the hall.
The food offerings were so-so, as was breakfast, but between the drinks and service, I was very impressed!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 5:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by dimmedlights
breakfast buffet two thumbs down...
I just came on to write the exact same thing!

As platinum I was given some drinks chits and free entry to the lounge - I missed the evening nibbles but actually just wanted some scrambled eggs on toast in the morning. The breakfast was one of the worst I have seen in such an establishment - if you want tea, coffee of orange juice then you were fine. The hot choices were a grey looking porridge, some horrid smelling french toast and something else that escapes me but did not look appetizing.

I ended up in LAX 3 hours early to have breakfast in the American Airlines Flagship Lounge!

Shame as I really like this hotel - always made to feel welcome, I seem to get a lot for my money with drinks chits, early check in but the breakfast in the lounge is not something to stay here for.

aks120
Old Oct 25, 2013, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yesterday morning's lounge "hot" offering was an open-faced Egg McMuffin-ish item, along with the oatmeal, fruit, pastries, and cold cereal.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: LT NoN REV
Originally Posted by aks120
I just came on to write the exact same thing!

As platinum I was given some drinks chits and free entry to the lounge - I missed the evening nibbles but actually just wanted some scrambled eggs on toast in the morning. The breakfast was one of the worst I have seen in such an establishment - if you want tea, coffee of orange juice then you were fine. The hot choices were a grey looking porridge, some horrid smelling french toast and something else that escapes me but did not look appetizing.

I ended up in LAX 3 hours early to have breakfast in the American Airlines Flagship Lounge!

Shame as I really like this hotel - always made to feel welcome, I seem to get a lot for my money with drinks chits, early check in but the breakfast in the lounge is not something to stay here for.

aks120
+1
Mcdonalds has better breakfast offerıngs than thıs joınt.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I stayed at the Crowne Plaza LAX in August. Please see below for the link to the relevant part of my Trip Report:

Crowne Plaza LAX Review
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed here last month, and that wasn't my experience with the lounge at all. I'm surprised she had to limp over to get the Diet Coke; the lounge fellow is incredibly attentive.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I stayed here last month, and that wasn't my experience with the lounge at all. I'm surprised she had to limp over to get the Diet Coke; the lounge fellow is incredibly attentive.
I think the night I stayed it was overflowing full and the lounge chap was a bit overwhelmed. Mainly due to the silly woman inviting all and sundry into the lounge which I thought was off and should have been stopped.

Regards

aks120
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
What time are the drinks and nibbles served on a weekday evening? I presume the full breakfast is satisfactory?
Old May 12, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Just finished my second stay here and my expectations were exceeded both times. This hotel does a really good job with customer service. Didn't use the gym, but there is a 24 Hour Fitness across the driveway. I also love that the Budget car rental is a very short walk. And there's street parking too (metered from 8am until midnight).
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
How often do shuttles leave the hotel to take you to LAX? Is LAX in walking distance if it's taking too long?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I'm not sure for the Crowne Plaza but most LAX airport hotels I've stayed at the shuttle to airport is every half hour.

Yes it is walkable but will take 15+ minutes (depending on terminal and luck with timing particularly crossing Sepulveda). No shelter once clear of the terminals.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.