IC Shanghai Puxi (Master Thread)

Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
IC Puxi back in IHG booking system, couldn't see any room availability though. Rumor has it that IHG will resume management on 1 Sept. Hope it works out...
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:53 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
... and now open for reservations starting Sept. 1.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:36 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
G'day Chinatrvl, yes that's good news, the fourth property.

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
It would be exactly one year since IHG left the hotel, funny how things turn out.

They were still arguing about that RMB 150M compensation last month, next thing you know they got back together!

Anyway, will try it again in late September, so much happy memory there.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:31 pm

i don't know if it was IHG leaving the hotel, or more an issue of the hotel leaving IHG?

on another topic, I was speaking with customer care in Salt lake today about the virtues of universal point earning in line with North America and Canada, would be good for as many people as possible to lobby IHG customer care and or IHG Rewards suggesting same, for long term stays outside of the US and Canada there is currently a disincentive to stay with IC, tel 1 800 621 0555 to have your voice heard.

Originally Posted by MP (Miles+Points)
It would be exactly one year since IHG left the hotel, funny how things turn out.

They were still arguing about that RMB 150M compensation last month, next thing you know they got back together!

Anyway, will try it again in late September, so much happy memory there.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:35 pm

Chinatrvl et al

just in case you hadn't seen this new one

Earn up to Four Free Nights for stays at any of IHG Greater China hotels. Earn a free night when you stay sequentially at 2 IHG brands worldwide. Maximum bonus is 4 free nights. Free nights are valid for stays between Oct 1, 13 and May 31, 2013. Full details, online registration and booking
Restrictions:
Valid for residents of China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Mongolia only
Sep 1 - Dec 31, 13

-----------------------------------

Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
Chinatrvl et al

just in case you hadn't seen this new one

Earn up to Four Free Nights for stays at any of IHG Greater China hotels. Earn a free night when you stay sequentially at 2 IHG brands worldwide. Maximum bonus is 4 free nights. Free nights are valid for stays between Oct 1, 13 and May 31, 2013. Full details, online registration and booking
Restrictions:
Valid for residents of China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Mongolia only
Sep 1 - Dec 31, 13

-----------------------------------
Not sure if I could change my address to somewhere in China? I have legit properties in China.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Has anyone got advice on the UG for an Ambassador at IC Shanghai Exhibition Center?

I have cancellable club floor rates at very competitive rates at a couple of "Wood" properties but from a location and loyalty point of view - "Wood" have not amused me in 2013 - I would prefer this property at a sensibly competitive price.

Background is I'm looking at January 1 to 3. The standard room rates have been discounted significantly but Club Floor rate is stratospheric in comparison. If I am going to get an UG to Club it is a no brainer to book this property.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
Book the lower rate, you can always pay to upgrade at this hotel, if they haven't done so.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Modo
Has anyone got advice on the UG for an Ambassador at IC Shanghai Exhibition Center?

I have cancellable club floor rates at very competitive rates at a couple of "Wood" properties but from a location and loyalty point of view - "Wood" have not amused me in 2013 - I would prefer this property at a sensibly competitive price.

Background is I'm looking at January 1 to 3. The standard room rates have been discounted significantly but Club Floor rate is stratospheric in comparison. If I am going to get an UG to Club it is a no brainer to book this property.
Just out of curiosity, what about the location draws you? (I haven't been back to the Expo area since Expo.)
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by moondog
Just out of curiosity, what about the location draws you? (I haven't been back to the Expo area since Expo.)
any recent feedback on the Puxi? someone mentioned to me the other day that they didn't feel safe/comfotable in the surrounding area recently, and was wondering how the new management are going after the switch back to IHG
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
any recent feedback on the Puxi? someone mentioned to me the other day that they didn't feel safe/comfotable in the surrounding area recently, and was wondering how the new management are going after the switch back to IHG
I also haven't been to the train station neighborhood since Hongqiao Stn came online, but I doubt it's markedly nicer now than it was 5 years ago.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by moondog
I also haven't been to the train station neighborhood since Hongqiao Stn came online, but I doubt it's markedly nicer now than it was 5 years ago.
what about the Ruijin or Pudong in terms of quality and service, trying to get a handle on the best IC currently
Old Dec 15, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Modo

You mean IC Shanghai Expo? (As this is the IC Shanghai Puxi thread)

At Expo, it will be strict one level upgrade, so I'd recommend to book deluxe. You can also ask them by email - they have an upgrade policy in place.
From cheapest room, club access is 500 CNY + service charge.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
IC Shanghai Expo - in wrong Thread

Apologies I misread the Thread as being a merged thread for all IC in Shanghai.

Yes I meant the Expo hotel.

Thanks for the UG path info. An UG from the Deluxe at 828 Rmb is competitive with the "Wood" properties over this period

Re earlier question why this hotel. We are going to a concert at the nearby Mercedes Benz Arena on Jan 2 - and partner has got a fractured foot!! So answer is - proximity.

You mean IC Shanghai Expo? (As this is the IC Shanghai Puxi thread)

At Expo, it will be strict one level upgrade, so I'd recommend to book deluxe. You can also ask them by email - they have an upgrade policy in place.
From cheapest room, club access is 500 CNY + service charge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.