Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Dubai Festival City (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Anyone stayed there recently? If so, what were your impressions? My wife and I might stay there on points next May for one night each way going to and from the Seychelles.

As an Ambassador, what should be my expectations about an upgrade (if any)? And if the same policies remain in place, we should not expect Club Lounge access or complimentary breakfast, correct?

Thanks for any info!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Since it will be a reward night you should better not expect any upgrade. Anyway, there is a large shopping center next door. So you will easily get some reasonably priced food if this is what you are looking for.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It is pointless redeeming here now it is 40k. The Crowne Plaza (same building) is 25k. Both hotels are brand new, have big rooms, share the same swimming pool and allow cross-charging between all the bars and restaurants. You will probably also get a better upgrade at the CP - I got a suite on a 1-night stay.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thank you both for your quick replies! Raffles, what PC (if any) did you have that might have helped you get the upgrade at the CP?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Platinum, but on a cheap corporate rate
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Question Priority Club in Dubai......

I've been reading over all the information here, and appreciate all the input! I'll be heading to Dubai for the first time in December, and I'm wondering at which Priority Club hotel would be the best to stay.....

I'm travelling for total leisure, and I can't believe how many PC hotels there are in the city! So far, the IC, or the adjoining Crowne Plaza, look great as I like the idea of the shopping centre close by. I like a good pool (for actually swimming laps), and would love to explore the city without getting in a taxi every time. Are there some other good PC hotels I may be overlooking? Is this one located right in the city? Any input would be very much appreciated!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You underestimate Dubai. It does not have a real centre, it is like Los Angeles. You simply cannot get around by walking, you take taxis everywhere, or occasionally the metro. To that extent, it does not really matter where you stay, except to choose between beach (which no IC properties have, I think) or city. Not that the two are far apart, since Dubai fundamentally consists of one road which runs parallel to the coast.

Festival City is by far not the flashiest or biggest of the malls, very much 2nd division. The metro also does not pass through it. However, it is a very pleasant place to wander around and, given Dubai hotel prices, it does make sense to book a redemption room instead of paying a huge sum to stay in a bigger mall or on the beach.

If you are keen on the beach, remember that most of the beaches in Dubai are linked to the adjacent hotels and it is not so easy to get access if not a guest - this is the main reason to stay at a beachfront property, but again there are no IC options. There are some areas of public beach, but I have never been to one.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Smile

Thank you so much for the input! ^

Will probably give it a try anyway! Sounds nice! It'd be fine if it wasn't one of the 'big' shopping malls, as I'm not big on crowds and such.... So the pool is pretty nice though?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:03 am

I would say the pool is ok. From the pictures i thought it was much bigger. it's actually quite small if compared to the big resorts in Dubai.
Doing real swimming in it won't really work it's not that long/deep. To just cool off it is ok.

Originally Posted by Paella747
Thank you so much for the input! ^

Will probably give it a try anyway! Sounds nice! It'd be fine if it wasn't one of the 'big' shopping malls, as I'm not big on crowds and such.... So the pool is pretty nice though?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Dubai fundamentally consists of one road which runs parallel to the coast.
I've heard Dubai described as "not quite a city but rather a loose federation of shopping malls".
Old Aug 27, 2011, 8:39 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by ChrisMuc
I would say the pool is ok. From the pictures i thought it was much bigger. it's actually quite small if compared to the big resorts in Dubai.
Doing real swimming in it won't really work it's not that long/deep. To just cool off it is ok.
Thanks again so much for the heads up! ^
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:46 am

hi all i booked a 2 night reward stay for this november. I asked what benefits i would get as a RA, answer nothing apart from 8am checkin

Cancelled and now moving to Hilton as a diamond will get access to lounge, brekkie etc

thanks
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: PC RA, Flying Club Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just back from IC Festival City. Now I'm by no means an expert but I thought I'd share my experience.

I booked one night on advance purchase and then 2 nights on points. I dropped them an email to merge the bookings which they did. I was told I'd get full RA benefits on the first night (paid) and not on the following 2 (points). I rang the person who emailed me to query this and was given the full benefits on all nights with only the minimum of persuasion.

First night we were given an Exec room (paid) - and then asked if we'd like to upgrade to a one-bed suite on the 33rd floor (points). Naturally we did but I think we were perhaps doing them a favour. There was a big confernence in so I'm wondering if by bumping us out of an exec room they were able to monetize it! Probably rubbish - but seemed odd to be asked if we'd like to upgrade after spending the first night in an Exec room.

Either way - great stay, attentive staff and love the swimming pool area.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:51 pm

Is this place almost always full or just doesn't let you redeem points? I've tried various dates in August 2012 all the way up to Feburary 2013 for a single night here or there and it's coming up with nothing! Has anyone lately been able to redeem PC points at the IC Festival City Dubai?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Is this place almost always full or just doesn't let you redeem points? I've tried various dates in August 2012 all the way up to Feburary 2013 for a single night here or there and it's coming up with nothing! Has anyone lately been able to redeem PC points at the IC Festival City Dubai?
Stay at the CP. Fewer points, effectively the same hotel (shared pool, cross charging at restaurants).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.