Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Moorea Master Thread [merged] - Closed permanently

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by mackdaddy
Thanks very much Gordon.

As a Plat Ambassador on my honeymoon I'm hopeful of being upgraded out of the standard lanai room. What do you think my chances are with those credentials? I'm considering whether it is worth forking out for RA. I'll be at the Thalasso Spa and Le Moana for 4 nights before Moorea. Is the main difference between Plat Amb and RA the free minibar (do you get an extra BOGOF weekend certificate too?), or are the upgrades for RAs noticeably different to Plat Amb?

I had a Hilton weekend night voucher but there's no availability at Hilton Moorea for my dates so have switched my attention to the IC there. Very annoying that IC / Priority Club don't give free breakfast for Ambassadors / Platinum members. As a lowly HH Gold this was going to save me a lot of money if I'd stayed at the Hilton.
For AMB, I think you will be upgraded to Garden Bungalow without the plunge pool at IC Moorea. I'm not sure if you will get another bogo certificate if you upgrade your AMB status to RA by RA referal certificate (that is the only way you can get upgraded to RA since RA status is by invitation only when you reach thier spending criterias), I guess someone else here can answer your question. The minibars at all 4 ICs in French Polynesia have nothing to rave about. You can get free minibar only on paid night at IC Thalasso, but at IC Moorea you can get free minibar even on reward nights, but again, there is nothing to rave about. It just has couple bottles of beer (2 Hinano beers and 2 Heineken), some major soft drinks, mineral waters and some small bottles of spirits. No free wine or champagne.

Upgrade for RA generally is better than AMB at all the FP IC properties, but it really depends on the season and if it is paid or reward nights. During high season like in July-September at IC Thalasso, it's less likely you will be upgraded to Sapphire or Diamond overwater bungalow on reward night, maybe you will be lucky enough to get upgraded to Emerlad o/w bungalow without getting stuck at their infamous coral suite. That's why I suggested you to spend your upgrade money at IC Thalasso instead.

Last edited by GordonGordon; May 13, 2013 at 8:55 am
Old May 13, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Le Accor Plat
Thanks again Gordon.

My itinerary is going to be: 2 nights Thalasso (Amb BOGOF, paid for Emerald), 2 nights points Le Moana, 3 nights points Moorea, 1 night paid (F&F) Tahiti. Staying in October.

As every hotel I'll be staying in will now be an IC, I may look into my RA options.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Thanks again Gordon.

My itinerary is going to be: 2 nights Thalasso (Amb BOGOF, paid for Emerald), 2 nights points Le Moana, 3 nights points Moorea, 1 night paid (F&F) Tahiti. Staying in October.

As every hotel I'll be staying in will now be an IC, I may look into my RA options.
IC Thalasso should not be busy at all in October and since you will be only staying 2 nights, it will be very likely that you will be upgraded to emerald bungalow without needing to prepay for the upgrade, regardless paid or award night. Maybe you can check the room availability in late September for the dates you will be staying in October to see if any room categories get sold out, then you can decided whether you want to take a risk or not. Will you spend your first 2 nights at Le Moana or Thalasso? I'm afraid you will miss the room in Thalasso after moving to Le Moana, in case if your first stay will be in Thalasso.
Old May 14, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Le Accor Plat
Yep, unfortunately there's not much flexibility in our plans so it will be Thalasso first. We arrive in Bora Bora on a Saturday and depart the following Sunday. To make most efficient use of the AMB BOGOF, I calculated that we should start at the Thalasso. Ideally we would have stayed there for four nights before heading to Moorea for three, but there is no Thalasso reward night availability on Monday & Tuesday, so we will be shifting to Le Moana.

I'm trying to look on the bright side: after two days of relaxing at Thalasso we'll be eager to take a look at the rest of the island. As I understand it, Moana would be a better base from which to see the island and get involved in some activities.

I chose to pay a bit more and reserve an Emerald at the Thalasso (with the BOGOF it is not that much more to guarantee over water for the two nights). Also, having paid for Emerald I am hopeful we might be able to score a Diamond OWB upgrade if available, even if I don't end up getting RA membership.
Old May 15, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Yep, unfortunately there's not much flexibility in our plans so it will be Thalasso first. We arrive in Bora Bora on a Saturday and depart the following Sunday. To make most efficient use of the AMB BOGOF, I calculated that we should start at the Thalasso. Ideally we would have stayed there for four nights before heading to Moorea for three, but there is no Thalasso reward night availability on Monday & Tuesday, so we will be shifting to Le Moana.

I'm trying to look on the bright side: after two days of relaxing at Thalasso we'll be eager to take a look at the rest of the island. As I understand it, Moana would be a better base from which to see the island and get involved in some activities.

I chose to pay a bit more and reserve an Emerald at the Thalasso (with the BOGOF it is not that much more to guarantee over water for the two nights). Also, having paid for Emerald I am hopeful we might be able to score a Diamond OWB upgrade if available, even if I don't end up getting RA membership.
There is nothing wrong with Le Moana... completely different more laid back feel from Thalasso... and I prefer it over Thalasso.. for a lot of reasons
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:09 pm

Does anyone have an e-maill address for the GM at IC Moorea? We had initially written to ask for an upgrade to the central Tahiti reservations desk, but are not really getting an answer about an upgrade.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Can anyone help me with Moorea v. Thalasso. Have 5 nights at Thalasso, flanked by one night each in Tahiti. Booked reward nights for all 5 nights at Thalasso and given an Emerald OWB in October. Any reason to cut this down to three nights and try Moorea?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by patchan8984
Can anyone help me with Moorea v. Thalasso. Have 5 nights at Thalasso, flanked by one night each in Tahiti. Booked reward nights for all 5 nights at Thalasso and given an Emerald OWB in October. Any reason to cut this down to three nights and try Moorea?
Apples and oranges IMHO... for that short of a visit I'd leave things the way they are... now what would make sense is to add 3 nights on to your existing itinerary. Doing the airports in BOB and MOZ is wasting the better part of any day.. they are not that comfortable and a bit of a hassle to get to and from, even if relatively short flights... so you are looking at two more travel days... Not me.... I wouldn't go down there and try more than two islands in a single 7 night period... makes no sense..

Don't get me wrong though.. Moorea is a nice place... but a totally different vibe...
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:32 pm

Any recent stays (RA or otherwise)?

booked 10 nights here in July. Have been to all Tahiti islands before, and didnt want to check out/in to other islands, so settled here.

Anyone have any good feedback from here as RA's - I booked lowest room with points, wondering how good I can expect us to be upgraded....

Thanks everyone....reading TripA as well
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by JJOTraveler
booked 10 nights here in July. Have been to all Tahiti islands before, and didnt want to check out/in to other islands, so settled here.

Anyone have any good feedback from here as RA's - I booked lowest room with points, wondering how good I can expect us to be upgraded....

Thanks everyone....reading TripA as well
Check out the threads for the other IC hotels in Tahiti... they are all (3) operated by the same owner and I'm pretty sure that they're policies will probably mirror each other...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:35 pm

Going to book five nights at this property for our honeymoon next June. (29 through july 4)

I am currently platinum with IHG and considering purchasing ambassador.

What I am trying to decide is - 2 of the nights will be paid for with points, 3 with cash. Will I get an upgrade with platinum, or should I purchase ambassador and get an gauranteed upgrade. How much would a cash upgrade cost on the reward certs?

Also, is there anyway to get breakfast paid for with either of these status? or a discount?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:09 am

Staying at the IC Moorea right now for one more night. I did all stays on PC points. I am platinum and got upgraded to a bungalow right on their lagoon (306), no plunge pool. Very nice though, from what I understand the plunge pool ones are farther away. OWB here is def not worth it IMO. Go to the Hilton Moorea for that instead.
Breakfast is 38,000 XPF and totally not worth it. Omelette/crepe station, fruit station, hot station with bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, hash browns, veggies. variety of breads, jams, cheese and deli meat. Of course they have cereal with milk and different types of yoghurt.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Scotttyd
Going to book five nights at this property for our honeymoon next June. (29 through july 4)

I am currently platinum with IHG and considering purchasing ambassador.

What I am trying to decide is - 2 of the nights will be paid for with points, 3 with cash. Will I get an upgrade with platinum, or should I purchase ambassador and get an gauranteed upgrade. How much would a cash upgrade cost on the reward certs?

Also, is there anyway to get breakfast paid for with either of these status? or a discount?

Thanks in advance.
Worth it to be Ambassador I think... you will be upgraded with 3 paid nights... breakfast is not included (unless you check the box for that option) and is very expensive.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Buzzman
Worth it to be Ambassador I think... you will be upgraded with 3 paid nights... breakfast is not included (unless you check the box for that option) and is very expensive.
I booked first night with points - waiting to determine 100% that we stay here before paying.

I emailed them and got this quote :

-Beach bungalow: 41 466cfp+14%taxes per night - including breakfast
BUT this requires a 5 night stay.

If I keep my points stay and book four nights - the total (not including breakfast is only a total of $100 less - obviously not worth using points and just paying $$.

I asked if they would quote me this price for a 4 night stay and add it to my points booking. I am guessing probably not. If not, I might extend stay for 6 nights (5 paid, 1 on points) nights and reduce my stay in the Moorea to 5 nights. The only thing is I will be giving up a free night in Moorea, but I can use that on another vacation.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:05 am

I am stupid, I posted this in the moorea thread, not the bora bora thread- my bad completely,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.