IC Clement Monterey Master Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:46 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I am trying to reserve a room in the first week of Dec, but no rooms available entire Nov/Dec/Jan. Made me wonder if the hotel is closed for the winter, for renovation or if they do not accept reservation so long in advance (in contrast to other IC hotels)?
Any idea?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:15 am
Original Poster

glitches. Keep trying. I see this all the time, all types of rooms
disappear and then they are back again.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
IC The Clement - Monterey, California

Intercontinental The Clement
750 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA 93940
+1.831.375.4500

Location: the property is adjacent to the Monterey Bay Aquaruim, and Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant. Parking is tricky and scarce, so valet parking is your best bet. For us, who were attending a trustees' presentation and dinner next door at the Aquarium, location made the short evening walk a pleasure.

Lodging and Amenities: 208 rooms, including 16 suites and 9 fully accessible rooms. Pool, fitness and unstaffed business center. Concierge, 24 hour room service, restaurant, bar.

Check-in: very attentive and welcoming. Oriented and told of happy hour (some half-priced cocktails, wines and appetizers at The C bar).

The Room: we got slightly more than what we paid for: a balcony with partial ocean view (two arms of the "U" shaped hotel framed our bay view of nearshore kelp beds, otters and sea birds), as we'd purchased a fireplace room, king bed - a spacious and bright room. The room was equipped with an accurate thermostatically regulated HVAC, extensive minibar, coffee set, strange safe (vertical!), ironing setup, slippers and very comfortable terry robes, extra blankets and pillows. The bed was covered by a duvet and sheet.

The large windows/doors open to a balcony, gorgeous views and sea sounds - and double glazing assure's no sounds if you prefer that. Courtesy WiFi ($9.95 daily for IHG Rewards Club non-members) was adequate. The bath had a spacious tub and large, separate shower enclosure (leaked a bit) with rain shower, and cultured? marble sink and counter. Full amenities and thick toweling were provided. A miniature bonsai and Zen sand garden, rake and three pebbles are provided if you're inclined to de stress a bit.

As Ambassador, we were given several bottles of water and a nice fruit bowl, with a welcome card from the GM and a 40% chocolate bar, all left in the room. We were offered the free movie, and WiFi was backed out of our bill at check-out. 4 P.M. checkout was offered several times, even though our checkout was Friday and it was sold out (we left early).

Dining: The C restaurant offers very good food, including beef and Sonoma duck, and fresh seafood selected in accordance with the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch program, and a nice selection of wines. Attentive service, gorgeous bay views, Open Table bookings.

We've eaten here when not staying, and our seafood was nice. We had breakfast one morning: Lady JDiver had hue is rancheros con mariscos (huevos rancheros with black beans, two fried eggs, avocado, shrimp and crab, cottage potatoes) and I had the eggs Benedict with spinach and Dungeness crab, hollandaise sauce, potatoes. Both delicious, refills on freshly squeezed orange juice, attentively served by Jos.

Nearby: Probably the world's best and most educational aquarium (I've seen many), and your entry price ($40 adults) supports outreach to local schoolchildren. In just over 40 years, it has admitted two million children gratis, often providing courses and training to teachers, a lunch and even school bus subsidy for low income schools. If you're very fortunate, a great white shark may be visiting in the 1,200,000 gallon open sea tank.

Shopping ranges from pricey galleries to souvenir shops, wine tasting, bike, kayak and electric bike rentals, to the nearby Tin Cannery Outlet store in Pacific Grove (and Fresh Awakenings for a great breakfast) restaurants including the Fish Hopper, Sardine Factory, Chart House, etc. within walking distance.

Walking and cycling is fantastic, using the wide path that replaced the railroad tracks. Nothing can be finer than the splendid walk out to Lovers' Point, with splendid ocean views, bird life, colorful flowers and some of Pacific Grove's classic houses.

Executive Summary: Top notch service in a heavy tourist area, a refuge from the hustle and bustle, lovely views, ideal location, clean and comfortable lodging and dining.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 21, 2015 at 5:45 pm
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Saturday nights (at least for April) appear to be blacked out for use of the Chase free night cert. Also the calendar shows blackout for the entire months of June, July and August. What nonsense is this??

Last edited by Boraxo; Mar 6, 2016 at 3:43 pm
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Saturday nights (at least for April) appear to be blacked out for use of the Chase free night cert. Also the calendar shows blackout for the entire months of June, July and August. What nonsense is this??
No experience w the Chase free night as I do not have the IHG card.

Earlier this year, I found no available weekend stays for almost the entire year using BOGO or reward stay. I kept checking back and subsequently was able to book BOGO for Memorial wknd and reward wknd nights in prime October. Almost the entire year was available.

Keep checking back, and good luck!
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Boraxo
You would've had better luck if you'd checked with a longer lead time. I have a Saturday night booked on the 9th with the free Chase night. Booked it back in January.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:41 pm

Booked a BOGO for this weekend. Looking forward to it
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by ARR72
You would've had better luck if you'd checked with a longer lead time. I have a Saturday night booked on the 9th with the free Chase night. Booked it back in January.
Delighted to report that additional award inventory has been added <30 days. Alas our plans have changed but maybe useful to others who can book close-in.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:45 pm

$1000/night in late Feb?!?

I'm trying to book in late February 2017 (after Presidents' Day weekend) and I see standard rooms for $950+/night?!? And of course no reward nights availability.
The ProAm at Pebble Beach ends earlier in the month. Is some big event happening then or are these list prices. Previously, I've stayed for $215/night and $350/night over the same weekend.

Last edited by askmrlee; Nov 7, 2016 at 3:37 pm
Old May 17, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: IHG
Any recent award night experiences at this property?
Old May 29, 2016, 5:35 pm

Here at property on a Amb BOGO (long holiday weekend). Booked a traditional 2 queen room, received a very nice 2 queen room, ocean view, fireplace, top floor and a balcony (in main bldg).
Old May 30, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Troopers
Here at property on a Amb BOGO (long holiday weekend). Booked a traditional 2 queen room, received a very nice 2 queen room, ocean view, fireplace, top floor and a balcony (in main bldg).
Did you have to ask for the guaranteed Ambassador upgrade or was it given immediately? Just trying to figure out what's their standard method since I had to ask for it.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Stealthmode
Did you have to ask for the guaranteed Ambassador upgrade or was it given immediately? Just trying to figure out what's their standard method since I had to ask for it.
Didn't ask. Room was upgraded prior to arrival.
Old May 30, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
My experience is they will upgrade you if the room is available.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:34 pm

AMB upgrade was confirmed prior to arrival!

In my experience the last two years (one holiday weekend visit/year) it's always been upgraded to the next room level prior to arrival.

My 2017 booking that I made last month has already been upgraded.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.