Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
IC Hong Kong Grand Stanford

IC Hong Kong Grand Stanford

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Gold Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Kinda

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked double beds premier room for two nights, got king bed premier side harbour view room (I was asked if king bed was ok).

How are the rooms?
Ok. Nothing special though. View is limited and it is not the best section of the view.

What was your welcome gift?
Small stuffed goat (because it is year of the goat), macaroons and standard ambassador stuff like fruit platter + water. Also received the drink coupons.

How is the exec. lounge?
Did not get access (and did not buy it)

What was good and what was bad?
Everything went smooth, no disturb sign was respected, services were rendered as promised. Checkin staff explained all in detail. Location is slightly out of the way but not too much IMO. Bed is on the hard side.

Value for $? Would you return?
I would say it is good value for money in Hong Kong and that would make me want to return even if it wasn't that special otherwise.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 7, 2015 at 11:54 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
IC Hong Kong

IC Hong Kong

Gold Ambassador

Yes, very

I wanted harbour view (obviously in this hotel/location) so I contacted hotel before stay to ask what room I should book to get it confirmed. I also told I would be using AMB Weekend voucher.

Booked deluxe room and was upgraded to harbour view room.

How are the rooms?
Overall very nice, esp the view. Toilet has separate toilet area and it have both shower and bathtub. Bed is on the hard side.

Jasmine tea from the hotels restaurant. Also received standard ambassador amenities with fruit platter and water.

How is the exec. lounge?
Excellent. After purchasing it for the both nights of our stay, our in room amenities were also upgraded (toiletries and water).

Service was impeccable. Our room was made ready during our check in (around 12 o'clock) and bags arrived quickly. All standard ambassador amenities were granted including late checkout. View was excellent. No disturb sign was respected. My only gripe would be hard bed but that is matter of taste.

On a day of checkout we gave room away around 2 pm and went to lounge. We were told we could enjoy the afternoon tea there as well and when I said that we would like to leave the bags to hotel and go roam a bit in the city as we had midnight flight, the lounge staff said we could return for evening cocktails as well if we wanted and that we could leave the bags downstairs. I am not sure if I have ever been invited to enjoy club amenities after checking out before esp. after leaving the space.

It is costly but I would still think its ok value for money. Service in club lounge is one of the best I have ever experienced. When evening cocktail time was ending, they did a round and mentioned it and asked if we would like some more champagne or something else before it ends.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 7, 2015 at 11:53 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam

InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam

Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes, very

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked Executive city view, asked for room with river view, received Executive with river view.

How are the rooms?

Large, spacious and classically decorated/furnished. Not quite to my taste as very classically decorated and furnished but very nice overall. Great bathroom and lovely view.

- How is the exec. lounge?

NA

Good:
Very warm welcome
Beautiful hotel
River views
Helpful concierge
Large rooms

Bad:

Nothing worth mentioning

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Excellent value for points redemption but I probably wouldn't pay the very high prices otherwise.

p.s. I have posted some photos and a trip report on my blog if anyone is interested.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 7, 2015 at 11:53 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only
Old May 2, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
IC Phnom Penh

IC Phnom Penh

Gold Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel?
Yes.

Which room did you book and what upgrade did you receive?
Stayed in Pointsbreak Rate, Standard King Room. Upsell to Club Room for 35US$/night which was offered before the stay per email. However, they sell Club for 55US$ at checkin, so I had to proof my offer. Got King Club Room City View in Club Floor. So no room upgrade for me on award stay.

How are the rooms?
Totally OK for a single person, a bit dated but well maintained.

How is the exec. lounge?
Great, one of the best I stayed. Kind of small, but not crowded. Very good staff. Good offers to the standard times.

Some HandMade pottery.

Did you receive fruit and water in the room?
Best fruit plate so far at IC, fresh and big. Water (osmose) + on french mineral water

What was good?
Details in Dekoration, Staff

What was bad?
You need to reconnect thousand times a day for internet

Value for the money? Would you return?
Points Break, so value is perfect. I would recommend upsell to Club. Would definitly return.

Old May 5, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
Intercontinental Foshan

Intercontinental Foshan

Gold Ambassador

Yes!

Standard room. Upgraded to a Superior suite w/o lounge access (03 level upgraded).

How are the rooms?
Spacious and comfy!

How is the exec. lounge?
didn't got access

None.

Yes.

What was good?
Upgrade. Friendly staffs. Flash Pool. Location: opposite AEON, some very good local restaurants.

What was bad?
Noises from construction site.

Yes!

Old May 7, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
IC Dusseldorf

IC Dusseldorf

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked an King Bed Deluxe. Upgraded to Junior Suite with access to the Garden Balcony

How are the rooms?
Great room with the Balcony (although shared), but on the smaller side.

Fruit, bottle of water and a box of chocolate.

How is the exec. lounge?
NA

+ FD Staff - great in helping out with trying to leave the hotel during the Marathon
+ Bar staff - Had a great night in the bar
- Bar decorations - 2 major vases with fake branches are located on the bar directly in front of each TV which is mounted on the wall behind the bar. There is no way of seeing the TV without looking through the branch (unless you ask to have it removed from the Bar)

Not too bad for an EU IC. Yep, I'll be back

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 7, 2015 at 11:52 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only
Old May 7, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
IC Muscat Oman

IC Muscat Oman

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked Standard, Upgraded to Tween Executive Club sea view, with club access (requested tween by e-mail in prior)

How are the rooms?
Quite good size, balcony, 2 queen size beds, very comfortable. Little bit dated furniture but overall room is clean and very well maintained. AC to loud.

Bottle of red wine and box of Arab sweets

How is the exec. Lounge?
Small but nice. Had breakfast in main restaurant, evening selection 6-8PM burgers, salads and cakes, wine, champagne. All day soft drinks, tea and coffee

Good:

. Staff very polite
. Location
. Impressive lobby
. Great pool area
. Ambassador treatment

Bad:
- Oman is expensive country so hotel as well (300€/night)
- reconstruction needed soon
- AC in the room too loud

Generally expensive, but all luxury hotels in Oman are expensive. 4000 points package available for only 10€€ surcharge comparing to best flex rate. Will try Crowne Plaza next time.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 7, 2015 at 11:52 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only
Old May 9, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
IC Bangkok

Plat Ambassador

Yes Very Happy

2 DOUBLE BDS CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL LEVEL
upgraded to... 1 King Bed Corner Club Suite

How are the rooms?
Excellent

How is the exec. lounge?
Excellent . Great food and Beverage options . Excellent Service

A small cuddly Bear wearing an IC BKK polo shirt

Yes,

What was good?
Service and quality of F&B in the lounge , location!
Recognized my status.

What was bad?
Couldnt get a twin bed suite so had to have roll away bed in the living area

Booked on a weekend Amb BOGO certificate so fantastic value for money .Would return in a heartbeat.
Old May 31, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Le Club Silver, GHA Platinum
IC Melbourne

Plat ambassador.

Very happy.

Booked junior suite, upgraded to Club room which was larger than the standard rooms and had separate shower and bath.

How are the rooms?
Very spacious room and bathroom. Nothing to complain about.

Voucher for a glass of wine at the bar.

How is the exec. lounge?
Fairly small, with a decent spread of food and drink. Don't think I'd pay for club access at IC Melbourne.

Great service. Only bad was they forgot to give me WiFi access, but since I was only staying one night and was not at the hotel that much I didn't follow it up.

Booked with 25% off dining rewards voucher so the rate was pretty good. I would come again.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
IC London Park Lane

Plat ambassador.

Not at all

Booked basic room on Visa Free Night and points. Emailed ahead and explained my wife had knee injury and requested a quiet room. Received upgrade to London King Deluxe

How are the rooms?
The room was a joke. It was the smallest room i've ever been in at this property. Smaller than some of the Classic Rooms I was given as a day room when I was an RA. In fact it was just a Classic Room with the small refurb. It was also as far away from the lifts as possible, and we didn't sleep, because our neighbours decided 2.45 am was a good time to get room service, and given our bed was only about 5 feet from the door we were woken up. Also the laundry staff were messing about in the hall in the wee hours.

Shortbread biscuits and a fruit platter that is now about 20% of the size it used to be.

How is the exec. lounge?
I added the lounge to the booking at the reduced Ambassador rate. Not as impressed this time as previously. Service during "happy hour" was poor. Only one girl trying to do her best and the other chap had been sent on his break. Had to go and help myself several times, which I know is a first world problem, but its way below where they used to be in service terms.

Poor service, room requests ignored. I complained on the second morning, and was shown a few other rooms, but the damage was done - we decided to check out. Bear in mind i've stayed at this hotel 25-30 times and am on first name terms with most of the lounge staff and some of the front desk, I felt they had really let me down this time. The Guest Relations manager organised a refund of the points for the second night and he didn't charge us for the lounge on the first night.

Nope. I'm done with Park Lane for now. Shame as I really like this property, but their service this time was poor and it's evident they are starting to cut corners. I will wait for Greenwich to open for my IC UK fix in future.

EDIT : After filling out the usual post stay questionnaire and stating my unhappiness, the hotel, in fairness to them have made a credit of points to my IHG account. So matter resolved but probably won't go back for quite a while.

Last edited by Geoggy; Jun 12, 2015 at 6:14 am
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:24 am

IC Paris Le Grand

Plat ambassador.

Yes, Good stay

Booked using Free NIghts. Booked into Classic room, prior to check-in day of I saw online i was in a superior room instead. At check-in offered to purchase Ambassador. I asked what upgrade would that get me? and after being told I would be put in an Opera View Deluxe Room I said ok.

How are the rooms?
Good, high ceilings, nicely furnished. Slightly unconvenient toilet as toilet is kind of far from the bath room (separate rooms). Amazing view of the opera. It is literally outside your window across the street.

Small box of madeilines.

How is the exec. lounge
No access

Pay Movie was laggy, didnt have room at check-in (told to wait 30min but given drink vouchers to use at bar while waiting).

Definitely
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
IC Alliance Palazzo/Venetian

Plat Ambassador.

Great hotel, definitely enjoyed all of it! Could probably use another day or two .

I booked a luxury view room the first night and a Bella room the next two nights. I paid for the luxury view room straight up and the Bella Room was an Ambassador BOGO certificate. They upgraded me on the first night to a Sienna Suite but I asked them to simply book me into a Bella the first night for the whole weekend. They happily obliged.

How are the rooms?
Room is great, Palazzo has the updated furniture vs. the Venetian which has some of the more dated stuff.

Small bag of chocolates

How is the exec. lounge
No access - They have a RA lounge but I can't get into that.

The Good:
Staff was good.
The Spa is amazing, only a step below the Encore spa which I would rate as the top one in Vegas (I've tried MANY).

The Bad:
Despite the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, they knocked on my door early in the morning (around 10 am, which is early for VEGAS) and I wasn't happy about it. That being said, it was the welcome gift/fruit that didn't make it to the room because of the switch that I had done during check in.

Heck yes.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: All of the above
IC Boston

Yes

Booked free Chase Mastercard night
Upgraded to club room

- How are the rooms?
this one was a bit small, but clean/well furnished (and free)

- How is the exec. lounge? Very accommodating/ now has omelet chef in am for breakfast/hot and cold snacks in evening/Charles is awesome

- What was good and what was bad?
upgrade/service offered free cocktails on arrival for birthday celebration

I would return as I do every year since it opened!
- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
InterContinental London Park Lane

Yes

Booked Classic King (reward night) - upgraded to London Deluxe King. Offered choice of room on 1st or 6th floor (chose 6th). This is either a 2 or 5 category upgrade, depending on if you count the "London" rooms as a different category.

- How are the rooms?
Very nice overall, especially the views over the park.
Not huge but ok for a London Hotel.
Nesspresso machine, Bose audio system, 40" TV etc.

- How is the exec. lounge?
Excellent lounge with park views.
Great staff that are very helpful and attentive without being intrusive.
Lovely Afternoon Tea (we ate way too many cakes).
Evening drinks and canapes were nice but could have done with a larger selection of spirits as my wife didn't really like anything (she is fussy with drinks though).
Super breakfast with a good buffet selection and an a la carte menu. I had an omelet and it was yummy.

- What was good and what was bad?

+
Great room upgrade
Helpful staff
Excellent club lounge
Room amenities: Water, Fruit, Biscuits and a birthday cake/card for my wife

-
Room very dusty (surprising for a top IC)

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Yes, excellent value for a points redemption.
Would pay cash if on a 2for1 or for special occasion.
Lounge access good value at Ł78 for IC Amb

I have photos (incl lounge) if anyone is interested.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:26 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
IC Bali

InterContinental Bali

Plat Ambassador

Very Happy

Club Room, upgraded to Club Duplex Suite. (1 level)

How are the rooms?
Great

How is the exec. lounge?
Service and breakfast still as excellent as I remember. I appreciate it being open 24hrs, which they often aren't at other hotels.

I do wish they would return to more substantial food offerings they had in the past, maybe one day...

We had the standard nuts and chocolates. I gave the nuts to a family member so I can't account for quality.

We also got a nice bag of Johnson Baby Toiletries for our son.

Yes. Replenished daily.

What was good?
- Service in the lounge, and recognition by name from some staff I met previously and with whom I had spoken to prior to my stay.
- Genuine care and concern when some sugar ants found their way to the drinks bar (attracted by baby milk powder).
- Helped to arrange a wonderful cake for my wife on her birthday, and a breakfast in the pavilion by the pool.
- Treated my mum and dad well on a separate booking.
- A couple free drinks outside cocktail hours on a rare night off from child duties ^
- Spa was extremely good value for an in-hotel Spa. Just $35 for an hour and a half. (I know it's cheaper outside, but I repeat "extremely good value for an in-hotel Spa)

What was bad?
Food offering and experience in the pavilion wasn't great compared to our previous visit a couple years ago. This time is was some table and chairs and food from Jimbaran Gardens. Previously it was laid out like a Balinese experience.

The IC Bali holds special memories for us, and the service has always been superb for us, and the value of the upgrade price difference - whilst still the expected 1 level - more than makes up for the cost of the AMB membership. We likely will return!

Last edited by MagicWok; Jul 9, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.