Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC MIAMI Downtown Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
parking info?

I called the property about an upcoming stay & I am excited about the club lounge. Breakfast is served 7-11 am, afternoon tea from 3-5 & hor d'oeuvres 6-8 pm.

Any way to avoid the parking fee ($39 per night)? i.e. any nearby street or cheaper lot options.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:28 am

I like their Club lounge but no need to get overly excited, it is not IC HK or Rialto ;-)

for off-site parking there are other options but the adjacent Downtown area is a bit dodgy, there is a serious homeless problem, I have seen dozens of people sleeping rough

however I have parked over on Flagler after feeding the meter and at outdoor lots in general area for like $10 a night, had no problems
Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
i parked down the bottom of the driveway, it took them three or four days to find me, on an eight night stay. i ended up giving a generous tip.

Alain Gracia is the parking facility manager for SP Hotel Services.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Staying on points as a Gold Amb. What benefits can I expect ?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
SO does it seem like if you are just regular platinum not much is given, maybe and upgrade but if you are ambassador platinum, perhaps they give you upgrade and club? Or am i understanding everyone incorrectly?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Any idea what a Spire Ambassador booked on rewards for 5 nights into a City view might get
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by paag
Staying on points as a Gold Amb. What benefits can I expect ?
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Any idea what a Spire Ambassador booked on rewards for 5 nights into a City view might get
i believe they have a set policy, but here's a suggestion.

call, and ask for the Guest Relations Manager, and ask:

for a reward stay, what is the upgrade policy if:

an ambassador
a gold ambassador
a platinum ambassador
a Spire ambassador
a royal ambassador

if no joy, email Mike Kovensky, Sales Director.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:41 pm

Does anybody know what is the difference between an Intercontinental Deluxe Room and the King Club Intercontinental?

Also, how much is it to add the Club access if I were to add lunge access if I only book the cheapest room and not one of these, does this IC typically include club access in the upgrade?
I've read thread a few times but any newer data points?

I am looking at rates and they have gone up in the last week and I was thinking of just booking the ambassador rate in advance for when I get the ambassador and what not.

Also I see theres a service charge of $15 per night that includes things like internet access and gym, will this be waived since I would be platinum ambassador? I thought taht was all included with that status?

Last edited by miadukes; Feb 11, 2016 at 6:47 pm
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
Does anybody know what is the difference between an Intercontinental Deluxe Room and the King Club Intercontinental?

Also, how much is it to add the Club access if I were to add lunge access if I only book the cheapest room and not one of these, does this IC typically include club access in the upgrade?
I've read thread a few times but any newer data points?

I am looking at rates and they have gone up in the last week and I was thinking of just booking the ambassador rate in advance for when I get the ambassador and what not.

Also I see theres a service charge of $15 per night that includes things like internet access and gym, will this be waived since I would be platinum ambassador? I thought taht was all included with that status?
i wouldn't book the ambassador rate unless you're using a BOGO, it's at a premium to other rates.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i wouldn't book the ambassador rate unless you're using a BOGO, it's at a premium to other rates.
Yes well I plan on using the BOGO but I noticed that since I've been looking the rate went up already, so I was thinking I could just boook it now in anticipation of getting the BOGO for use in August before rates climb even more. They won't cancel it right, because I am not ambassador yet?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:23 am

why the sales director?

i believe they have a set policy, but here's a suggestion.

call, and ask for the Guest Relations Manager, and ask:

for a reward stay, what is the upgrade policy if:

an ambassador
a gold ambassador
a platinum ambassador
a Spire ambassador
a royal ambassador

if no joy, email Mike Kovensky, Sales Director.

Why the sales director? I dealt with the Chief Concierge and he came through with a suite upgrade!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
Yes well I plan on using the BOGO but I noticed that since I've been looking the rate went up already, so I was thinking I could just boook it now in anticipation of getting the BOGO for use in August before rates climb even more. They won't cancel it right, because I am not ambassador yet?
if you are staying more than three nights, i recommend only using the Ambassador rate for the one night to allow for the BOGO night, and use a better rate code for other nights.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Why the sales director? I dealt with the Chief Concierge and he came through with a suite upgrade!
that's great the concierge came through with a great upgrade for you^

from my experience, the chain of authority from the perspective of getting a deal, is the Area GM, the GM, the Marketing & Sales Director, but can vary by property. i know properties where for eg, the Rooms Director has had more influence, and Front Office Managers. etc

in respect of Miami, i'm referring to someone that helped me out, YMMV.

what was the concierge's name? may be worth mentioning, for the OP to have an alternative to try.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:15 am

location, location, location

InterContinental Miami

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

InterContinental Miami

100 Chopin Plz Miami, FL US 33131

location, location, location (0 Photo)

InterContinental Miami

We chose this hotel because of its location - near the cruise port, downtown, and easy access to South Beach. It did not disappoint.

The property is mamooth - 640 rooms, 34 stories. There is an outdoor pool, sauna, steam room, rainforest shower,fitness center and spa on the 5th. (Hours are strange 8 am-10 pm for the pool, 8-8 for the sauna, etc. and the fitness is 24h).

We checked in for a 2-night stay @ the BOGO rate prior to a cruise. As an Amabassador, we were upgrade to a suite on the 31st. The lounge (on the 29th floor) is excellent. It was never reallly crowded in spite of the Miami Boat Show being underway next door. (Boats are everywhere in Miami, and we spotted Mark Cuban's yacht parked next to the hotel on NBA All Star Weekend! I guess he was in Toronto, and there is no cruising in Dallas!)Breakfast has extened hours (7-11 am daily), afternoon tea is served from 3-5pm and hors d'oeuvres from 6-8 c/w comp. alcohol. The views are outstanding.Parking is an issue. We declined to pay $39/day for valet parking and chose instead to use a pay lot a few blocks north ($18). By tipping the valets, we got away with parking in the circle in front of the hotel for up to 2 hours. (Others suggested it could be done overnight, but we did not try). Ideally, you can arrive by taxi or metro/People Mover ($2.25 from the airport) and walk to the front door. Parking is a gridlock in downtown Miami and it took time to get to South Beach.

Ambassadors get upgraded amenities, free WIFI (unlimited # of devices) and room upgrade on request.

I hightly recommend this hotel, because of its location and staff. (Full disclosure - most of are stays are with Starwood, but they have nothing even close to this in terms of location.)Note there is a $15/day/person resort fee (which is ridiculous) which you can get waived. Please PM me if you want the e-mail address for Eduardo, the chief concierge or Flor, the club lounge supervisor.

location, location, location

Would you like to write a review on the InterContinental Miami?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:24 pm

if you are staying more than three nights, i recommend only using the Ambassador rate for the one night to allow for the BOGO night, and use a better rate code for other nights.
I am only staying two nights.

I went ahead and booked the king bed club intercontinental room, rather pricey but really want club so figured i might as well book it. I may change the booking later but i saw that prices fluctutate and even tho I don't have ambassador I might as well have the ressie.

Wondering if they waive the $15 fee that is for gym and internet since thos things are included with platinum ambassador?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.