IC Budapest (Master Thread)

Old May 21, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
In the good old times when I was RA (2 years ago) we booked a suite for 3 with club access (Amb Voucher weekend) and were upgraded to the Presidential Suite ^ The view was breathtaking, simply perfect. It was Room No. 910 then and looked exactly like the video of youhavebeenupgraded.

Just a question: is the Club still on the top floor? They talked about moving it to the first floor or so. I long to stay there again soon, the hotel is lovely!

Last edited by ClubICGirl; May 21, 2011 at 7:53 am
Old May 22, 2011, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by ClubICGirl
Just a question: is the Club still on the top floor? They talked about moving it to the first floor or so. I long to stay there again soon, the hotel is lovely!
Now the Clublounge is on the first floor - just over the Main Entrance..

I stay at the IC Budapest last summer and yes, its very lovely!
Always nice to stay there for a romantic weekend.. ^
Old May 22, 2011, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ClubICGirl
In this respect the Marriott beats the IC - while the IC has an excellent club, the Marriot Club has a breathtaking view while the IC's view is "plain" very nice.
Old May 23, 2011, 12:45 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
Thank you for the informations Hurican and Wilco! Good to know
Old May 30, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Going to be back again this weekend!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:02 am

Stayed there with points. RA upgrade was a double twin bed room with club access. They honored all RA benefits.

Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....udapest-6.html
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed 6 nights (3 separate 2-4-1 bookings) RA upgrade was river view + club. No suite option offered, but as we'd have chose the club anyway, so we were happy. The minibar had no hard liqueur or bubbly, but there was a card explaining that the "hard liqueur package" would be delivered on demand.

Generally very happy with the stay. The room was largish, well kept. The Club is excellent with very polite and friendly staff. Also the main restaurant has good staff but the people in the Club are even better. The foie gras sandwich on the Corso terrace has amazing amount of foie gras on it :-)

There were some very minor glitches - of the 6 mornings the daily paper was delivered to the room only on 2. No laundry bags/list in the room.

The only bigger glitch was the service at the Corso terrace on Sunday afternoon (around the end of the Sunday brunch) - it took 30 minutes to get our order (but the food was good)

Now waiting for the stay to post with 6 nights :-)
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded
Stayed there with points. RA upgrade was a double twin bed room with club access. They honored all RA benefits.

Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....udapest-6.html
One of the captions says "the Novotel is in the background" - it is the Sofitel
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
One of the captions says "the Novotel is in the background" - it is the Sofitel
Thx. Jep its the Sofitel.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Back again... So far still very satisfied!

Plat Amb and book river view got a suite with river view.

Somehow this room has a smaller bathroom. Shower is not separate from the bathtub.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
Another great stay here. Used points, got upgraded to suite 431 (pretty sure this was the same room as last time . All other RA benefits honored (yep, including minibar).
I wish all IC's would do this..
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
They have two types of suites they upgrade the RAs to.
the X31s (431, 531, ..) are the smaller ones without windows or daylight in the bedroom.
the X10s are larger being almost double the size of X31s. Both room types have the same great river and castle view.
You may want to ask for a X10 upgrade next time..

Originally Posted by hunkster
Another great stay here. Used points, got upgraded to suite 431 (pretty sure this was the same room as last time . All other RA benefits honored (yep, including minibar).
I wish all IC's would do this..
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
Thanks for the tip!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To my great joy I discovered, that IC Budapest is now only 30k points for redemptions - and they have reward availability on Formula-1 weekend, too. For money the rooms go at ca.400€/night.

Happy
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
minibar not well stocked without spirits.
There's a card there, saying that if you want the liqueur, just ring them and request the "hard liqueur package" - Hungarian spirits mainly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.