Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
same view as mine on 5 fl, also siute but no window in bedroom, ok
i love the lounge here, and we get free net in room
perfect
Old Feb 19, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Back again here...

I can't get enough of the view

For the past 3 weeks I was here every weekend. I can't wait ti come back for summer.

So has anyone stayed @ the Presidential Suite?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 1:11 pm

Well for me it didn't work out so well, I'm an platinum ambassador and I booked two end-2-end stays.

The first stay was an ambassador weekend cert and I booked a "superior river view room with club access". The second stay was a "superior room with club access". Neither rates were cheap!

On checking in I was told I'd been upgraded to an "executive river view room with club access" and could keep this for the entire stay. When I asked what an "executive room" was, since it was not bookable on the web site, I was first told that it was a much better, bigger room, but on pressing them I was eventually told it was a slightly bigger river view room. It turned out it was bigger because the window is at an angle and it probably adds 5 square feet to the room size.

When I argued with them that this was not an upgrade at all for the first stay the told me that they did not need to upgrade me at all on the second half of the weekend stay and were doing me a favour by doing it this way.

So I suppose got a 0.1 level upgrade on the first two nights and a 1.1 level upgrade on the second three nights. I did find out later that due to a Samsung conference the hotel was sold out on many of the nights I was there.

Although the rest of the things about this hotel were good, I'm not sure that i am happy with hotels that "invent" room grades to upgrade you into.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:51 am

Some lounge pics

Here some lounge pics:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....-budapest.html
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: Priority Club
Plat Amb here and very happy with the IC Budapest,

Currently sat in club lounge now while the Mrs has a bath. Paid approx Ł75 per night for river view superior on 2-4-1 rate.

Upgraded to suite on 3rd floor and offered club for 30EUR per person per night. Tried to haggle but the lady wasn't having it. Stumped up in the end seeing as we didn't have breakfast or net included and hey, we're on holiday!

Suite is nice and spacious. Must agree with a previous poster that bathrooms are bizarrely small for a suite. Doesn't bother me personally but I get what the person said about it being slightly odd.

Gift wise got half a bottle of red, some fruit and they've put fresh bottles of water in the room both days. Rooms are nicely furnished for me. Nothing spectacular but good quality.

Breakfast was nice for us. Good scrambled eggs, bit of bacon and other stuff. You can have breakfast in the breakfast room as an alternative if you prefer also.

Happy hour is 18:30 to 20:00 and the staff come around offering top ups regularly. All in all, friendly staff, nice service and nice city. Just wish we had an extra night now to enjoy the city and hotel a little more.

We ate at Cafe Kor last night which was really nice simple fayre. Onyx tonight for something a little bit swisher. Most random thing is that there is no smoking ban here so in bars and restaurants there is a little bit of cigarette smoke, really strange remembering what it used to be like in the UK!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:38 pm

Intercontinental Budapest Presidential Suite

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Back again here...

I can't get enough of the view

For the past 3 weeks I was here every weekend. I can't wait ti come back for summer.

So has anyone stayed @ the Presidential Suite?
Stayed there last weekend. I wrote a review of the Presidential Suite with pictures on my blog, which can be found here:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....udapest-2.html
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:58 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded
Stayed there last weekend. I wrote a review of the Presidential Suite with pictures on my blog, which can be found here:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....udapest-2.html
Wow, what did you book to get this?

Or did you pay something extra at check-in?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 4:53 am

Upgrade

Originally Posted by sweets61250
Wow, what did you book to get this?

Or did you pay something extra at check-in?
Booked a suite without club access. RA upgrade was Presidential Suite with club access.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:41 am

Video of Presidential Suite

I added a video of the Presidential Suite to my blog:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....udapest-3.html
Old Apr 2, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded
I added a video of the Presidential Suite to my blog:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....udapest-3.html
^ nice! I always wonder how the Presidential Suite looks like is this the room 810?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Recent experiences here?

I've seen a Royal Ambassador thread that talks about the great treatment they get, but does a PC Platinum get any benefits at all at this property?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Search for Budapest in the 'Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences' there are plenty in there.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
thanks, I found 2 or 3 reviews by Platinums there by searching for Budapest and Platinum terms in that thread.

Based upon those reviews, I am leaning now toward paying for the Budapest Marriott vs free nights at the IC - because I'll get upgraded, lounge access, free buffet breakfast, free internet, etc. at the marriott and will get none of those except maybe an upgrade at the IC.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel
thanks, I found 2 or 3 reviews by Platinums there by searching for Budapest and Platinum terms in that thread.

Based upon those reviews, I am leaning now toward paying for the Budapest Marriott vs free nights at the IC - because I'll get upgraded, lounge access, free buffet breakfast, free internet, etc. at the marriott and will get none of those except maybe an upgrade at the IC.
Just checked out on a 241 stay, total rate for the 2 nights including tax was euro148
I booked superior room and was upgraded to a huge suite with fantastic view forward te castle and danube.
no club access and not even asked if i want a suite or club, minibar not well stocked without spirits.
Old May 21, 2011, 3:47 am

Here some suite pictures on my blog:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....udapest-5.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.