Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Budapest (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by hunkster
I am, got a suite upgrade but no lounge access last December ( I booked their cheapest rate)
as RA you get a two-level upgrade, i.e. from cheapest room to river view suite without club access and from river-view room to river view suite including club access
Old Feb 10, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
Originally Posted by boekel
as RA you get a two-level upgrade, i.e. from cheapest room to river view suite without club access and from river-view room to river view suite including club access

yeap, I confirm

i get my upgr to suite and lounge from rivier view room
we will see on saturday
Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:32 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I'll be back @ Budapest this weekend again

Was thinking of going to Vienna, but maybe next time...
Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by no-backpacker
I think lounge-access is for RA's.

I got a one bedroom suite. I knew that the bathroom would be as small as in the other rooms but still find it strange to have suites with such small bathrooms. Another thing I
didn't like with the suite is that there were no window at the bedroom
. I don't know if they provide turn-down service. They had done it the day we arrived. The second day I had to ask them to get new towels. (For a strange
reason they had left the goodnight sweets at the pillows when they did the daily housekeeping.) They did the turn-down service while we got new towels, but no
sweets. The third day there were no turn-
down service and since we didn't need anything I didn't ask for it. Let's see what happens tonight... :-)

Other than this I have no complains. I really like the hotel for the view, the location and the lounge. The people working in the lounge are excellent. The receptionists are not the most friendly people, but the watresses are fantastic people.

Xxx.
I have a suite now and there is a window in the bedroom. What section where you in? I think the best section is the "X10"
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:25 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I *think* it was XX31... yes, it was... Do you have lounge access?

Xxx.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:33 am

I *think* it was XX31... yes, it was... Do you have lounge access?

Xxx.
So I guess that was the other side then...

My side is the "whole" side of the hotel. Where the front entrance is or the big sign "INTERCONTINENTAL"

I asked about their presidential suite and its in the 9th floor.

No lounge access, they offered it to me for €30 instead of €60 normally. I think I wouldn't find it useful, I already have breakfast and internet included.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
That make sense, but if you didn't have breakfast and internet included I would say €30 is well worth the money. Have a nice stay! (I saw you were thinking about heading to Vienna. IC Vienna is also a nice hotel!)

Xxx.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:48 am

That make sense, but if you didn't have breakfast and internet included I would say €30 is well worth the money. Have a nice stay! (I saw you were thinking about heading to Vienna. IC Vienna is also a nice hotel!)

Xxx.

Ya, I might be going there next weekend just before I go back to Canada. Or if I don't go to Italy to see a friend. Good thing they have CP near the airport

If anything I might check it out next time.

I think they were going to try to give me the presidential suite if it was not booked lol.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
As a lowly Ambassador, I was only upgraded to a regular room with a river view. But what a view it is!

I'm on a low floor, but because the hotel basically fronts the river, there is nothing to block my view. I am relaxing in bed right now, gazing at the castle on the hill across the river. Very happy with the IC Budapest. ^

EDIT: Here's what I see at this moment: link

Last edited by mikew99; Feb 12, 2011 at 2:30 pm Reason: Add picture
Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
Originally Posted by boekel
Ah! Thanks for that, that's what I'll be booking next time
Old Feb 12, 2011, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by mikew99
As a lowly Ambassador, I was only upgraded to a regular room with a river view. But what a view it is!

I'm on a low floor, but because the hotel basically fronts the river, there is nothing to block my view. I am relaxing in bed right now, gazing at the castle on the hill across the river. Very happy with the IC Budapest. ^

EDIT: Here's what I see at this moment: link

Haha nice...

A colleague and I are planning to go to a lounge or club tonight...

Old Feb 12, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
A colleague and I are planning to go to a lounge or club tonight...
Be careful out there!
http://hungary.usembassy.gov/tourist...ory.html#clubs
Old Feb 12, 2011, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by big_mac
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Thanks...
Old Feb 12, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Haha nice...
Same view as mine.

(I tried to do the image inline like you did; I'll have to figure that out!)

Also same warning as mine. I was just mentioning to BRAISKI that I am pretty sure someone tried to pull the ol' club scam on me at Vörösmarty Square. I felt bad to assume the worst, but her Russian accent combined with her story about living in New Orleans for 2 years was just too much!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by mikew99
Same view as mine.

(I tried to do the image inline like you did; I'll have to figure that out!)

Also same warning as mine. I was just mentioning to BRAISKI that I am pretty sure someone tried to pull the ol' club scam on me at Vörösmarty Square. I felt bad to assume the worst, but her Russian accent combined with her story about living in New Orleans for 2 years was just too much!
Of all the hotels I have been I think this is one of the best views esp with the huge windows!

I actually don't trust all those stories, whether its true or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.