Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Budapest (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:18 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikew99
What's going on in Budapest that so many FT'ers are hanging out at the IC?

I'll be staying at the IC Budapest the weekend of 11-14 February. Alas, I'm only Ambassador, so no upgrade is showing yet, but I can hope!
I can only speak for myself. I found a cheap airfare...

You will be upgraded to the next level. I was an Amb. last time and I don't think the upgrade showed online before. It doesn't now either, but I have been in contact with the hotel.

Xxx.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by no-backpacker
I don't know what "business sense" is... Last time I payed €35 to be picked up at the airport. It's more expensive than taking a cab, as long as the driver don't take you all around the city (happened to friends of us last time), but I prefer it to be sure I get straight to the hotel. I have arranged to be picked up tonight too.

Xxx.
Airport cabs from BUD to the city have fixed prices (4 zones in all) and had for many years now
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:12 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;

I'll be staying at the IC Budapest the weekend of 11-14 February. Alas, I'm only Ambassador, so no upgrade is showing yet, but I can hope!
I think it is because they take really good care of PC members..., especially Platinum and Ambassador or RA,,, I was there for my birthday in late October... on a 2-4-1 rate of about 65 euros.. for two consecutive 2 nighters... total 4 nights.. they upgraded me to corner suite with club privileges and sent me a bottle of champagne and a birthday cake.. they really went overboard to accommodate in my view....
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
Originally Posted by Buzzman
I think it is because they take really good care of PC members..., especially Platinum and Ambassador or RA,,, I was there for my birthday in late October... on a 2-4-1 rate of about 65 euros.. for two consecutive 2 nighters... total 4 nights.. they upgraded me to corner suite with club privileges and sent me a bottle of champagne and a birthday cake.. they really went overboard to accommodate in my view....
^
same in Bucharest
always suite and lounge
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by no-backpacker
I don't know what "business sense" is... Last time I payed €35 to be picked up at the airport. It's more expensive than taking a cab, as long as the driver don't take you all around the city (happened to friends of us last time), but I prefer it to be sure I get straight to the hotel. I have arranged to be picked up tonight too.

Xxx.
Thats what it shows at the IC Website...

I am there for business, but I will be going to Zalaegerszeg most of my time. Hopefully I'll get a nice room upgrade.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Thats what it shows at the IC Website...

I am there for business, but I will be going to Zalaegerszeg most of my time. Hopefully I'll get a nice room upgrade.
what is Zalaegerszeg ?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by ariell
what is Zalaegerszeg ?
Its a small town in Hungary...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zalaegerszeg
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:06 am

Got a room upgrade but no lounge... But the view is very nice to the river...
Old Feb 6, 2011, 7:40 am

are you RA?
Old Feb 6, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I think lounge-access is for RA's.

I got a one bedroom suite. I knew that the bathroom would be as small as in the other rooms but still find it strange to have suites with such small bathrooms. Another thing I
didn't like with the suite is that there were no window at the bedroom. I don't know if they provide turn-down service. They had done it the day we arrived. The second day I had to ask them to get new towels. (For a strange
reason they had left the goodnight sweets at the pillows when they did the daily housekeeping.) They did the turn-down service while we got new towels, but no
sweets. The third day there were no turn-
down service and since we didn't need anything I didn't ask for it. Let's see what happens tonight... :-)

Other than this I have no complains. I really like the hotel for the view, the location and the lounge. The people working in the lounge are excellent. The receptionists are not the most friendly people, but the watresses are fantastic people.

Xxx.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 8:08 am

are you RA?
I am and I got lounge access for me and my son and payed €30 for my mother in law, she had her own room. We were also upgraded from a river view room to a suite with river view. No upgrade for my mil, but she is not an amb. I ordered the hard-liquor pack the first night and was told it is free for RA's.

Xxx.

Xxx.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 8:09 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I didn't get lounge access as an RA a few months ago
I was on a PB stay though
Old Feb 6, 2011, 11:19 am

are you RA?
Nope...

Just wondering some IC they offer room upgrade or club access.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
are you RA?
I am, got a suite upgrade but no lounge access last December ( I booked their cheapest rate)
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
So far I have always been upgrade to at least river-view, often corner jr-suite, but never free club at the IC BUD. They offer good rates for the Club, so it's worth asking beforehand or latest the front desk for a special offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.