Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Chicago O'Hare Master Thread [merged] - left IHG (now Loews)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
The Chi-town IC is nice and quite historic. Check out the pool.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
To further complicate your decision, check out the packages. I am looking for a room the prior weekend and have found that the packages in Chicago are quite lucrative for the one night guest. CP ORD has $129 with 5,000 bonus points.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shopfranceinc
One note--I was quite disappointed with my stay a month ago. The website shows they have a club lounge...but guess what! It's not open yet! There 's some problem with code or access...or something. They are using their downstairs restaurant as their "club lounge" They did give us a voucher for drinks, though.
Safe travels to all!
The lounge was open. Then they closed it for the winter, and it still hasn't reopened.

They have really low occupancy most nights.

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
The Chi-town IC is nice and quite historic. Check out the pool.
This discussion is about the IC O'Hare, though. No pool. Not historic.

Empty. But nice.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:08 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Mods can we change the title to "IC ORD", please?

Not being pedantic but they are completely different properties and forevermore a search on one or the other will be the poorer for a bad title.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
I just stayed there this past weekend. They do (through October) offer free Internet for Ambassadors (not just RAs). If you join the Ambassador program (see many threads on why you want to do that) you get myriad perks from upgrades to free fruit and mineral water, free movies, late checkout, occasional upgrades to Club floors, occasional free breakfasts, many more Priority Club points, etc. -- plus a free weekend night which alone pays for the $150 cost of membership.

The hotel itself is excellent and hipper than virtually any IC (the new San Francisco one perhaps) -- styled more like a "W" hotel. It also has an interesting little art museum which makes it a bit different.

Strongly recommend it IF YOU ARE AN AMBASSADOR. And if you ever plan to stay at any ICH flagship hotel, you must become an Ambassador.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat; PC Plat; Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Unhappy

Sadly, it looks like soitgoes was spot on!

bankrupt
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arodin
Sadly, it looks like soitgoes was spot on!
bankrupt
I don't like being right about things like these, but I'm not surprised. Let's see how they handle the bankruptcy. I would be surprised if it totally shuttered, but it may be reflagged.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
That sucks. I just had a great two day stay there. I think it's the best hotel in the area.

What's going to happen to the McCormick and Schmicks and Capital Grille?
Old Sep 5, 2009, 9:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
They are in chapter 11 - so I would expect that they will keep on operating, at least for the moment; surely we've all flown on airlines while they were in chapter 11 (UA, DL in recent years), so we should know the drill by now.....

Very possible outcome - the stockholders get wiped out, the secured debtors end up getting the compnay (and with little or no debt) and it emerges in solid finacial shape.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 9:41 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just stayed there on Aug 29 for a night. Got nice exec Suite upgrade as RA. They are still using the Club lounge as restaurant with a very small menu offered for room service too. Main restaurant still closed. Overall a nice hotel and at 90 USD (corp rate) very competetively priced.

I was under the impression that I could have breakfast in the lounge (before learning it was the restaurant and not a lounge any longer) as RA as reported by some colleagues staying there in the early days after opening but was told I had to pay.

I told them it would be good to highlight this whole situation upfront so I can chose if I would rather stay at Hyatt or Hilton in both I have the breakfast included for free for similar nightly rates. After that they gave me a free comp voucher. Spread is of decent quality but bit heavy on the carbs side and overall smallish.

Overall I hope they stay around and continue to operate. It is a very good offering given the other ORD hotels around.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
FYI there is a Denny's just down the street. That's where I went for breakfast since I was jet-lagged and waking up at 5am. Plus you can't beat a French Slam!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:34 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by stimpy
FYI there is a Denny's just down the street. That's where I went for breakfast since I was jet-lagged and waking up at 5am. Plus you can't beat a French Slam!
Darn I didn't see that one. Would have loved one of the skillets.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 1:18 pm
Community Director Emerita

How does the property treat Ambassadors?
Old Sep 11, 2009, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
How does the property treat Ambassadors?
Free Internet & upgrade to Executive Suite.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 1:53 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Free Internet & upgrade to Executive Suite.
I know that the internet is free for Ambassadors and RA's, but I didn't know that both got upgrades to an Executive Suite as well. That was not the impression that I got when I stayed there a few weeks ago.

mxm135

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.