Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which hotel in Jakarta - IC or CP ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
What's the difference between an Executive room and a Club Intercontinental room at the IC Mid-Plaza Jakarta ? Both room/rate description provides access to the club lounge.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:11 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
was reading IHG.com site and read verbiage describing one of the hotels (sorry forget which) as having easy access to the airport. Is there a good choice of an IHG property close to the airport?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
was reading IHG.com site and read verbiage describing one of the hotels (sorry forget which) as having easy access to the airport. Is there a good choice of an IHG property close to the airport?
There are none real close. I think there is one about 10km away. HIX Pluit Citygate.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
There are none real close. I think there is one about 10km away. HIX Pluit Citygate.
good to know, thanks, I'll choose a "true" airport area hotel for my stay the night prior to my early AM flight.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The HIX and HI hotels are quite new. One of them - I think a HIX is on Thamrin, up towards the Kempinski from the IC, so extremely well positioned. I haven't tried it, but fully intend to.
Did you stay at the HIX Thamrin? I have a reservation in mid Feb at this HIX.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you stay at the HIX Thamrin? I have a reservation in mid Feb at this HIX.
I stayed here for two nights last month. It's situated nicely. The rooms are slightly different than the newer cookie cutter designs, but I liked them better.

Especially the bathroom design with one door for the toilet and shower stall, I dislike. Seperate doors here.

Uber didn't have it listed, so we had to select a nearby building. Breakfast was pretty good. They'll cook to order eggs. No pork items at this one, unlike Bali.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As you know Bali is Hindu, Java (and the rest if Indonesia) is Muslim. Roast pork (babi guling) is even a Balinese specialty. Definitely you'll see a stricter separation of pork and non-pork items (or lack of pork items) in Jakarta. Most higher end hotels will have pork items on offer, but the HIX on Thamrin does not offer any as a HIX breakfast is a bit less extensive and due to a fair number of local guests the hotel does not have pork.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demue
As you know Bali is Hindu, Java (and the rest if Indonesia) is Muslim. Roast pork (babi guling) is even a Balinese specialty. Definitely you'll see a stricter separation of pork and non-pork items (or lack of pork items) in Jakarta. Most higher end hotels will have pork items on offer, but the HIX on Thamrin does not offer any as a HIX breakfast is a bit less extensive and due to a fair number of local guests the hotel does not have pork.
There are Christian parts of Indonesia, too. It all depends where you are.

I am fully aware why the HIX Thamrin doesn't offer pork, just as I was fully aware why the HIX SIN Orchard road didn't offer pork or beef. I was just pointing out the differences in the same country.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Fair enough, all I'm saying is that comparing especially Bali with many other parts of Indonesia (generalizing a bit so bear with me ) will very likely lead to the differences you observed.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by demue
Fair enough, all I'm saying is that comparing especially Bali with many other parts of Indonesia (generalizing a bit so bear with me ) will very likely lead to the differences you observed.
yep, thanks, I did partake of babi guling when on Bali, in fact it was the first meal we had, drove straight to restaurant from the airport

Thanks Jaimito Cartero in regards to no pork comment (as well as HIX Thamrin hotel thumbs up), I'd expect as much in Jakarta and am fine with Halal items.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Two night point stay at the IC Jakarta. Noted series of upgrades online from standard room to premier room to club room. The hotel is in line with high end IC properties both soft product and hard product. The staff noted Ambassador / Spire status at check in. (Prior RA status so perhaps the system still notes RA status.) The club is very nice indeed with breakfast, lunch and dinner. The chef prepared a set item each day for dinner. Jakarta is not known for the tourists so the hotel and the city as a whole are a pleasant contrast. Internet fast and censored. Bottled water and fruit provided daily. Traffic is the #1 challenge with the roads in the immediate area a virtual parking lot day and night despite the 1st world road infrastructure and 1st world vehicles. (With the exception of the motor bikes.)
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I stayed here for two nights last month.
Thanks Jaimito, do you (or anyone) know if there are some late night eats/hawker stalls near the HIX Thamrin?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:31 am

HIX Thamrin is walking distance to two malls (at least during daylight). There will be food stalls nearby. At night, i would only venture out on jalan sudirman where there were not any vendors other than in front of the minimart opposit of Grand Indonesia.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Thanks Jaimito, do you (or anyone) know if there are some late night eats/hawker stalls near the HIX Thamrin?
I would highly recommend Jalan Sabang (Sabang Street). It is not within walking distance from the hotel since it is 2 km away but taxi/uber is cheap in Jakarta. Jalan Sabang is foreigner's street food favorite in Jakarta.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:38 am

Yeah the sate stalls on jalan Sabang are pretty good. Overall, Indonesia is not a country with great street food, however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.