Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which hotel in Jakarta - IC or CP ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:37 am

pick up service

Dear All,

I'm staying at the IC in Jakarta and was wondering if it's worth choosing the pick up service they provide.

Does it also cover the VISA fee and a "lounge stay" during they do the immigration and VISA application for you? I read something from the IC Bali, they provide such a service in DPS.

Would be great if someone could give an advice. After a long flight it would be nice if someone does the application stuff while you're having a cold drink
Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Markus1301
Dear All,

I'm staying at the IC in Jakarta and was wondering if it's worth choosing the pick up service they provide.

Does it also cover the VISA fee and a "lounge stay" during they do the immigration and VISA application for you? I read something from the IC Bali, they provide such a service in DPS.

Would be great if someone could give an advice. After a long flight it would be nice if someone does the application stuff while you're having a cold drink
how much are they charging????
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Dear All,

if I remember correctly IC DPS does not offer that service anymore, and afaik IC CGK never offered this. You'll have to do the immigration and visa application yourself.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I've done their Silverbird pickup a few times. It was included with my rate. Never done anything more than that. Never any immigration services.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Dear All,

You need to get On Arrival Visa as you landed, $10 for one week stay $25 more than one week stay.

Hotel does have limo service pick up, it is nice and safer that way.

Enjoy their pool and also their breakfast is great. ^
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:42 am

They wrote me the following:
Immigration service, our Airport Representative will do all the process at the airport on behalf of the guest to make process faster, except Visa On Arrival.

And Visa On Arrival Service costs at Rp.100,000++ excluding Visa itself.

Which service should I book. Is it worth the 45$ for the help or shall I book the 10$ service.
I have no idea as I've never been at this airport before. We arive around 6pm. Is it very crowded around this time?

Any advice is appreciated.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by karung99
You need to get On Arrival Visa as you landed, $10 for one week stay $25 more than one week stay.

Hotel does have limo service pick up, it is nice and safer that way.

Enjoy their pool and also their breakfast is great. ^
Indonesia no longer offers the one week visa.

I really like their breakfast as well.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They wrote me the following:
Immigration service, our Airport Representative will do all the process at the airport on behalf of the guest to make process faster, except Visa On Arrival.

And Visa On Arrival Service costs at Rp.100,000++ excluding Visa itself.

Which service should I book. Is it worth the 45$ for the help or shall I book the 10$ service.
I have no idea as I've never been at this airport before. We arive around 6pm. Is it very crowded around this time?

Any advice is appreciated.
It seems a bit pricey for Indonesia, if it's just a greeting service and expediter. If the money isn't an issue, try it out and report back on it.

I usually arrive in the mid afternoon, or later evening (8-9 pm), and can't remember ever taking more than 5 minutes for VOA, and 20 minutes for customs. And I understand that they no longer put a full page visa sticker in your passport, so it might be quicker.

The taxi, either a Blue Bird or Silver Bird are not that expensive. $15-$25, at the most, I think.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
It seems a bit pricey for Indonesia, if it's just a greeting service and expediter. If the money isn't an issue, try it out and report back on it.

I usually arrive in the mid afternoon, or later evening (8-9 pm), and can't remember ever taking more than 5 minutes for VOA, and 20 minutes for customs. And I understand that they no longer put a full page visa sticker in your passport, so it might be quicker.

The taxi, either a Blue Bird or Silver Bird are not that expensive. $15-$25, at the most, I think.
Thanks for answering. I might do it by myself and get the taxi pick up.
They offer the pick up for 30$. Where do I get the "Blue Bird or Silver Bird" taxi? In the arrival hall or is it also pre-ordered?
Old May 18, 2014, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
More recent experiences, please

These posts are now 4-years old. Any more recent experiences to update? The posts on Jakarta IHG properties is pretty meagre, with nothing on the HIXs or HI let alone the CP and IC.
Old May 18, 2014, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Shareholder
These posts are now 4-years old. Any more recent experiences to update? The posts on Jakarta IHG properties is pretty meagre, with nothing on the HIXs or HI let alone the CP and IC.
The HIX and HI hotels are quite new. One of them - I think a HIX is on Thamrin, up towards the Kempinski from the IC, so extremely well positioned. I haven't tried it, but fully intend to.

Not everyone's a fan of the IC, but I am. They treat me well, even when I'm using points. Upgrades are handled in a pretty formulaic way, as they tend to be at a number of Asian ICs. The lounge is great, good food choices at breakfast and in the evening and a nicely personal service from the staff. There's a Japanese twist to the menus offered: the hotel shares the apartment/office building with a number of Japanese enterprises. The pool and gym are just fine.
Old May 19, 2014, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The IC is pretty nice. If you're an RA you'll get treated ok. I've had problems getting RA benefits when I stayed a few years back.

The lounge in the evening had a bad tendency then to run out of food early and not replace it. Also had a worm on the plate for a breakfast. The waiter didn't seem concerned at all.

The breakfast downstairs is one of my favorites.

The CP is a bit worn out. They do have an okay lounge (especially for a CP), that they give out complimentary for some elites. Often the price is so close between the IC and CP, that I'd take the IC, for sure.

There are two new HIEX and a HI opening up this year. I think one HIEX and one HI are open right now. I passed by the HIEX not far away from the Hyatt a month ago. Seems nicely placed, but haven't been there yet.

I did stay at the HIEX Kuta in Bali earlier this year, and the property needed some real work. They all seem to be following the same pattern, so expect tiny rooms.
Old May 19, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Ok I stay at the IC regularily and find it a very good hotel. They treat me well too and even now as an AMB (after dropping from RA) I tend to get very good room upgardes. Just last weekend I booked a Deluxe room on our corp. rate and got Club assigned with full benefits. Before, as an RA, I would get my preferred suite with club benfits for booking a Deluxe room, but then I stayed there 2-3 times a month.

Yes it is not a brand spanking new property, but in my book it is very well maintained and overall quite calm and pleasant. Rooms have been refreshed and offer the standard amenities you would expect. The breakfast at the (refurbished) restaurant is great and offers a lot with the Indonesian items being very tasty even by local standards.

Also can't complain about the Spa / Massages with reasonable prices (for a 5* hotel) and 15% discount for in-house IHG Rewards guests. The Club lounge is okay, but service can be slow and offerings can run out without dilligently getting restocked. Also in the evenings loads of Japanese and Business Travelers fill it up quite well and drink merrily.

The CP I would definitely stay away from as it still has lots of non-refurbished floors IIRC and even the updated ones were not very good.

I did stay at the new HIX Thamrin maybe 10days ago and if you just need a new, clean place to shower and sleep in a central location than you can't go wrong, epsecially for about 50 USD a night. Rooms are quite small though as to be expected, but overall functional and the bathrooms are also okay.

Hope this helps.
Old May 19, 2014, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks for the updates, guys. I have decided to split my stay between the IC and the Meridien (which is a few minutes away according to GoogleMaps and gets good reviews over on the SPG forum) to keep my programs balanced and have some variety. As a lapsed RA I think I can survive without the Club or free minibar, though might rebook a Deluxe if Club's the Ambassador upgrade as mentioned.
Old May 20, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Thanks for the updates, guys. I have decided to split my stay between the IC and the Meridien (which is a few minutes away according to GoogleMaps and gets good reviews over on the SPG forum) to keep my programs balanced and have some variety. As a lapsed RA I think I can survive without the Club or free minibar, though might rebook a Deluxe if Club's the Ambassador upgrade as mentioned.
As a normal AMB if you book Premier room you get Club room with Benefits. Normal upgrade for AMB from Deluxe room is to Premier room. I do, on occassion, get a double upgrade from Deluxe room to Club room, but that is more attributable to being a regular at the property I think or them running a full house at times.

The Le Meridien is near, but in comparison looks run down throughout the property incl. the rooms even in the suite I got last time. Also the hotel has a night club downstairs that offers certain forms of 'entertainment' so be aware if you got issues with that kind of 'trade'. On the other hand, the Lebanese restaurant is really good in my book (having been to Lebanon a lot) and best in SE Asia from what I can tell.

Last edited by demue; May 21, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.