Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which hotel in Jakarta - IC or CP ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2007, 3:14 am

Mandala now offers on-line booking that includes being able to pay for flights. This is only very new as they weren't doing it as recently as last week.

They fly both DPS-YOG and YOG-CGK.

You should have no trouble getting both legs for around 500,000rp per person. Or about US$27 per leg which is a very good deal.

This is the website http://www.mandalaair.com/

Mandala have just been classified in the top band of Indonesian airlines with Garuda and Merpati. I've flown them about 6 times and havent had a problem.

Air Asia are good and cheap but they don't fly either of the routes you mention.

The only airline I would actively avoid is Adam Air. They have dreadful reputation partly because their owner is a prominant politicain who manages to "get around" a lot of airline regualations. The locals call them Adam kapal selam - Adam submarine, which doesnt really inspire confidence.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 5:43 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by camsean
Mandala now offers on-line booking that includes being able to pay for flights. This is only very new as they weren't doing it as recently as last week.
That is good news, makes for another convinient option. Now lets just hope they update their website schedule better than when I booked through them before - got to the airport and the flight I had booked was non-existant - not even cancelled, just not on the schedule at all. Though did get transferred across to the ever classy AdamAir for my troubles instead
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
That is good news, makes for another convinient option. Now lets just hope they update their website schedule better than when I booked through them before - got to the airport and the flight I had booked was non-existant - not even cancelled, just not on the schedule at all. Though did get transferred across to the ever classy AdamAir for my troubles instead
I knew you'd be interested GibSpmuh. I'm all for all being able to avoid indonesian travel agents. Every time I book something it takes at least an hour, and usually more, to book and pay

I think Mandala are pretty good really (In an Indonesian context) and there's some excellent prices available as well.

It looks like Lion are doing on line booking of a sort now. However their system seems to involve emailing them your credit card details, them processing the transaction and emailing a confirmation back which I doesn't sound very promising. They always seem expensive anyway.

I haven't flown Adam Air since the crash in January. From what I hear they are indeed.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
~Mandala are great in terms of online booking. I got DPS JOG with no trouble, but JOG CGK would involve a loooong wait for the connection, or a nightmare transfer rush. So I am burning up the phonelines trying to book Garuda for that sector (as GibSpmuh points out - at least they'll tip me out into the right terminal).

Adamair has a, errrr, lively website doesn't it ?

The IC Bali gets good ratings in these pages. Is it as good as cracked up to be if you book yourself in at "Classic level" ? They tell me RA's are not clubbed .
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The IC Bali gets good ratings in these pages. Is it as good as cracked up to be if you book yourself in at "Classic level" ? They tell me RA's are not clubbed .
I stayed a couple of times on a PointsBreak redemption and both times I was upgraded to a sizeable suite which had been recently renovated. Also included was all RA benefits as well (along with a large box of chocolate truffles, bottle of wine and sizeable fruit bowl) - a classy act indeed. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality overall - the renovations have brought the Classic Rooms up to a level much closer to the Club Rooms than previously (and the bedding had been improved too I think). I'll be back again in December! ^

Much of the difference between the Club wing and the Classic wing is about other aspects than the room itself - things like the Club (which includes breakfast options in six different locations, and is open 24 hours), the Bulgari toiletries and the airport experience (being whisked through immigration and the lounge to wait in on arrival, and the transfers to and from the airport).

The grounds of the resort are nicely landscaped as well, and there's a number of pools to choose from (there's one extra which is for the Club wing only). Food options are just average at the restaurants for the price paid - but that's about the only downside overall.

It's certainly my favourite IC anyway, happy to have the chance to return anytime.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
~Mandala are great in terms of online booking. I got DPS JOG with no trouble, .
oops - quoting myself here! the reservation went fine, but when you come to pay, it allows you to hold the res for 24H, by which time you can make the cc payment via an ATM (in Indonesia, I guess). The option to enter a cc number was closed.

On the other hand, the GA call centre was up to speed, made the reservation and put me through to an automatic payment system, which worked like a dream.

Beginning to wish I skipped the JOG trip and just spent the days trying out the IC - it sounds great, but we are Sofitelling in Bali.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:53 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Good information in the previous posts. Gave me a good idea as I was also pondering the IC vs. CP question as I get decent corp rates at both. Does anyone have any recent experiences to add? I'll be there early August over a weekend. Have a booking for a Jr. Suite (incl. Bkfst. & Club access) and was wondering what kind of upgrade I may receive as RA? Contacted hotel but to this specific question they did not have an answer as of yet (5days since email and counting).

Ohh and btw. I hope this trip report on TripAdvisor was not posted by anyone from this board. Bunch of misinformation in there (first review shown): http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...arta_Java.html
Old Jul 22, 2008, 4:12 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by demue
Good information in the previous posts. Gave me a good idea as I was also pondering the IC vs. CP question as I get decent corp rates at both. Does anyone have any recent experiences to add? I'll be there early August over a weekend. Have a booking for a Jr. Suite (incl. Bkfst. & Club access) and was wondering what kind of upgrade I may receive as RA? Contacted hotel but to this specific question they did not have an answer as of yet (5days since email and counting).

Ohh and btw. I hope this trip report on TripAdvisor was not posted by anyone from this board. Bunch of misinformation in there (first review shown): http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...arta_Java.html

Try the Italian Restaurant, called Scusa, and their degustation menu.

Regards,
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:00 am

Good information in the previous posts. Gave me a good idea as I was also pondering the IC vs. CP question as I get decent corp rates at both. Does anyone have any recent experiences to add? I'll be there early August over a weekend. Have a booking for a Jr. Suite (incl. Bkfst. & Club access) and was wondering what kind of upgrade I may receive as RA? Contacted hotel but to this specific question they did not have an answer as of yet (5days since email and counting).[/URL]
I was at the IC Jakarta again in May, and it was pretty much as per usual (well apart from a bit of a mess on check-in, but they managed to get it resolved). On the down side they've removed the free wireless from the hotel in general, though I think Club Rooms still receive free internet access (there's certainly PC's in the club for use).

If you've already booked a Jr. Club Suite then the only likely option for an upgrade is to a 1 bedroom suite (I haven't heard of anyone getting upgraded to the Presidential Suite). There's plenty of suites in the hotel, so I've never had any issues getting an upgrade (especially over weekends).

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting a reply by email from the IC Jakarta, I certainly haven't received replies in the past from any of the published addresses. You can try giving them a call, you might have more luck there.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:44 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
I was at the IC Jakarta again in May, and it was pretty much as per usual (well apart from a bit of a mess on check-in, but they managed to get it resolved). On the down side they've removed the free wireless from the hotel in general, though I think Club Rooms still receive free internet access (there's certainly PC's in the club for use).

If you've already booked a Jr. Club Suite then the only likely option for an upgrade is to a 1 bedroom suite (I haven't heard of anyone getting upgraded to the Presidential Suite). There's plenty of suites in the hotel, so I've never had any issues getting an upgrade (especially over weekends).

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting a reply by email from the IC Jakarta, I certainly haven't received replies in the past from any of the published addresses. You can try giving them a call, you might have more luck there.
Thanks for the info. Hmm the internet would have been nice but as I should have club access as per rate booked the PC's up there will be fine for some email checking.

Okay so the one Bedroom King suite it may be then. Actually i don't care that much about getting the biggest possible suite (oh no where is the spirit ) and would normally have booked a deluxe room, but my corp rate for the Jr Suite is only 118 USD (incl breakfast & lounge) vs 88 USD (no breakfast & lounge) for the Deluxe room so I thought what the heck.

Will see how things work out.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:28 am

Thanks for the info. Hmm the internet would have been nice but as I should have club access as per rate booked the PC's up there will be fine for some email checking.

Okay so the one Bedroom King suite it may be then. Actually i don't care that much about getting the biggest possible suite (oh no where is the spirit ) and would normally have booked a deluxe room, but my corp rate for the Jr Suite is only 118 USD (incl breakfast & lounge) vs 88 USD (no breakfast & lounge) for the Deluxe room so I thought what the heck.

Will see how things work out.
Was wondering how did the stay work out for you at the IC Jakarta or have you had any recent stays there?

I have a trip to Jakarta in Feb and am undecided between the IC Jakarta or Le Meridien Jakarta. I am a RA as well as an SPG Plat. With tight budgets, I'd like to know which property will give the best bang for my buck.

Appreciate your assistance!
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Squzair
Was wondering how did the stay work out for you at the IC Jakarta or have you had any recent stays there?

I have a trip to Jakarta in Feb and am undecided between the IC Jakarta or Le Meridien Jakarta. I am a RA as well as an SPG Plat. With tight budgets, I'd like to know which property will give the best bang for my buck.

Appreciate your assistance!
I've stayed in the Le Meridien Jakarta previously, though only as a SPG Gold, and I was definitely disappointed. My understanding is that SPG Platinums get upgraded to the newer wing in general though (and get club access too, which is a plus). The room I got though was in the old wing at the Le Meridien which was very tired and worn.

If the prices you can get are similar I'd personally lean towards the IC Jakarta, unless you really want Club access - which won't be provided free, even for RA's (not since the renovation anyway).
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:14 pm

Any recent experiences at the CP Jakarta? I will be there this weekend making use of points breaks and was wondering if there is anything I should look out for like don't take a room on certain floor or facing certain directions. Potential upgrades for Plats. etc. Basically anything you think may help.

Cheers ...
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:07 am

For CP Jakarta, check and recheck again (especially your room rate) before final payment.

This is the only property I've stayed in that tends to get the rate wrong despite having present a printed copy of my confirmed reservation with its stated rate.

My last stay here was in Jun 09. The rate difference was about USD15. Not sure if its a computer glitch, or something else
Old Aug 13, 2009, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I am thinking to decide between IC Jakarta and Grand Hyatt. I will be there with my family for a weekend stay. Any opinion?

I am a RA and I wonder if comp breakfast is being offered at IC. Is there any charge for using Wifi?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.