List of IHG Rate Codes

Old May 6, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by azboy84
So I booked a room using IBM's corporate code and got a really good deal on my reservation. Do you know upon check in if the hotel will request employment verification?
IBM code often has a bigger discount at IHG hotels than the bog standard business discount most businesses receive, so yes, hotels are very much inclined to ask for IBM id when you book the IBM rate.

Could well be worth finding a company code not giving such a great discount.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by azboy84
So I booked a room using IBM's corporate code and got a really good deal on my reservation. Do you know upon check in if the hotel will request employment verification?
When I looked at room rates online using IBM code it says as follows:

ROOM RATE INCLUDING FREE INTERNET ACCESS FOR ONE REGISTERED COMPUTER STAFF ID REQUIRED AT CHECKIN OTHERWISE BEST AVAILABLE RATE WILL BE APPLIED EACH STAFF CAN ENJOY ONE ROOM UNDER IBM SPECIAL RATE FOR EACH STAYING PERIOD.

Also, when do corporate rates for 2014 go in to effect? Most of these codes are only showing the corporate rate through the end of 2013.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
When I looked at room rates online using IBM code it says as follows:

ROOM RATE INCLUDING FREE INTERNET ACCESS FOR ONE REGISTERED COMPUTER STAFF ID REQUIRED AT CHECKIN OTHERWISE BEST AVAILABLE RATE WILL BE APPLIED EACH STAFF CAN ENJOY ONE ROOM UNDER IBM SPECIAL RATE FOR EACH STAYING PERIOD.

Also, when do corporate rates for 2014 go in to effect? Most of these codes are only showing the corporate rate through the end of 2013.
Hotels often restrict Company codes to 3 or 6 months advance. There may even be yearly/bi-yearly re-negotiation as IBM rates are not the bog-std 15% off rates. Each individual hotel can decide to negotiate and offer more so availability is only shown to end of negotiated contract.

If someone is booking a year ahead then it is very unlikely to be company business! So many hotels have to protect themselves by limiting, to some extent, advance booking on company rates.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Hotels often restrict Company codes to 3 or 6 months advance. There may even be yearly/bi-yearly re-negotiation as IBM rates are not the bog-std 15% off rates. Each individual hotel can decide to negotiate and offer more so availability is only shown to end of negotiated contract.

If someone is booking a year ahead then it is very unlikely to be company business! So many hotels have to protect themselves by limiting, to some extent, advance booking on company rates.
My comments regarding IBM was only in response to the person asking about if ID will be requested at check-in.

I tried various corporate codes listed in this thread and all them only showed through the end of 2013. I'm actually looking to book beginning of January 2104, which is not a year out, only about 6 months out which isn't that far out (airfares were booked already a couple of months ago). I'm sure that a company wanting to book employees for January 2014 will have worked something out at least 2 or 3 months in advance of that as they don't expect to have to make bookings for the beginning of January 2014 just a day or two in advance. So, my question was referring to this phenomenon - how much in advance of January 2014 would corporate rates show? If I need to wait until October or November, I don't have an issue waiting to book until that time, but if they don't start showing until after Christmas then I'm not comfortable waiting it out.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 3:02 pm

My comments regarding IBM was only in response to the person asking about if ID will be requested at check-in.

I tried various corporate codes listed in this thread and all them only showed through the end of 2013. I'm actually looking to book beginning of January 2104, which is not a year out, only about 6 months out which isn't that far out (airfares were booked already a couple of months ago). I'm sure that a company wanting to book employees for January 2014 will have worked something out at least 2 or 3 months in advance of that as they don't expect to have to make bookings for the beginning of January 2014 just a day or two in advance. So, my question was referring to this phenomenon - how much in advance of January 2014 would corporate rates show? If I need to wait until October or November, I don't have an issue waiting to book until that time, but if they don't start showing until after Christmas then I'm not comfortable waiting it out.
I can only repeat that some hotels seem to restrict booking of corporate rates too far in advance. It is up to each individual hotel how early they release inventory to various rates, just like other special rate participation, eg 241's

Renegotiations usually finish minimum of 3months before special rates expire so companies are not put in a position where they can't book rooms near the coming end of a contract period.

I checked three IC hotels, Asian + Europe, I can book IBM rate out to 12th June 2014, which is as far as IHG calendar allows.
This kind of confirms it is hotels that control advance release release of company rate rooms.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
This kind of confirms it is hotels that control advance release release of company rate rooms.
Yes, this seems to be the case because the one hotel I looked at (which is the only IC I want) is only showing the rate through the end of this year. So, I think I'll wait until we're closer in time.

Quite a few of the corporate rates do show that ID is required at check-in and if not furnished then Best Rate will be instituted. Am wondering what has been peoples experiences when they booked rooms using those corporate codes.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:53 am

Yes, this seems to be the case because the one hotel I looked at (which is the only IC I want) is only showing the rate through the end of this year. So, I think I'll wait until we're closer in time.

Quite a few of the corporate rates do show that ID is required at check-in and if not furnished then Best Rate will be instituted. Am wondering what has been peoples experiences when they booked rooms using those corporate codes.
I always been asked for id when company discount is better than the global 15% discount level the majority of companies get .... or more critically when company rate is lower than the ADR.
On half my bookings ADR is a cheaper than the company rates. Where company rate is higher than ADR I am never asked.

Mainly, I use company rates because flex, pay on arrival, even though 50% of the time, company rate being a higher fee than the ADR, as company discount is usually a discount to the higher Flex rates.
This avoids exhausting my c/c limit on advance travel, and even avoids having to settle my c/c until after my stay rather than before my stay.

IHG hotels are franchises, which helps explains any inconsistant approach to asking to see your company id.
Maybe also to do with my RA status, at IC's company perks like free internet, free breakfast are muted as I get free internet and breakfast in lounge anyway, so hotel is not losing out financially on company inclusive extras.

Few Marriott stays, 100% have always been asked to show some ID.
Never used company rates at Hilton as PRxxxx codes are always a cheaper rate.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:22 am

Programs: (Spire Ambassador)(Diamond-HH/Hyatt)(Plat MR, SPG, Delta)(National Exec/Hertz 5*)
Originally Posted by ToGo
I found this rate:
OR another Copmany Rate cost just 66€!
that look like very nice but that is a company rate...
But how risky is that?Does the Hotel Call the Company and ask them something?

Everyone who is insane the can book this rate: IVEDI

IVEDI is an Employee rate only. I can guarantee you will be asked for proof to use this rate because you have to provide a white card that is signed by a manager/owner. This is limited to 2 rooms up to 7 days at a time. Ranges from $29.99-$59.99 being the most expensive ever and its based on hotel ADR (although I think some hotels just make up a rate because it doesn't make sense based on ADR) So example if and when available the Intercon Chicago is $59.99....but so is the Holiday Inn Express Downtown because the Average ADR is over $125.00.

You can see more at http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...orate/employee
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
So in some searching around I found this link:
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/offers/kace/ge

The GE code brings a Holiday Inn rate down from $114 to $84. Pretty good. I've never been asked for an ID before, esp at a Holiday Inn, but I am always worried about it.

Anyone this that using this code at a suburban HI will raise any red flags or prompt an ID request?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Dcislander

The GE code brings a Holiday Inn rate down from $114 to $84. Pretty good. I've never been asked for an ID before, esp at a Holiday Inn, but I am always worried about it.

Anyone this that using this code at a suburban HI will raise any red flags or prompt an ID request?
I suppose insecurity is the price you pay for the chance of a sucessful scam.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Dcislander

There is inconsistency in what each Franchise operating the IHG branded hotel will do.

Some francises instruct staff to ask all guests, other only ask if better than standard 15% of flex rate.

My personal experience is be prepared to be asked for company id, if used discount rate is more than the standard 15% given to most corporates or if company rate is a fixed rate lower than the hotels ADR.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
It shocked me. How can you try various corporate code if you are not the employee of each company. You should be ashamed on you.

Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by OneWorldTraveller
It shocked me. How can you try various corporate code if you are not the employee of each company. You should be ashamed on you.
Huh??? Glad to have been given a chance to shock you . That's what this thread is all about - booking using corporate codes (even if you are not an employee of said company). And if you read through the thread you will see that many have actually booked using these codes and then are worried that they will need company ID at check-in. I, for one, have decided against this strategy because I was not comfortable with it and also because I've found better hotels than the IHG hotels in the locations I was looking at. I just tried out the codes to see what type of discount you would get using them, but I was not going to use it for booking the rooms because of the ID issue and mainly because I prefer to use points.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:02 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Huh??? Glad to have been given a chance to shock you . That's what this thread is all about - booking using corporate codes (even if you are not an employee of said company). And if you read through the thread you will see that many have actually booked using these codes and then are worried that they will need company ID at check-in. I, for one, have decided against this strategy because I was not comfortable with it and also because I've found better hotels than the IHG hotels in the locations I was looking at. I just tried out the codes to see what type of discount you would get using them, but I was not going to use it for booking the rooms because of the ID issue and mainly because I prefer to use points.
No, the original purpose of this thread was to gather rate codes, not corporate codes.
It has been especially useful to search for rates with certain rate codes that are usually not available when starting a normal search, such as 2-for-1 or IKEX3 or other rates. Look at the first page of this thread!

This was certainly not abusing the system and finding a work around for a rate that somebody was not entitled to. After all, 2-for-1 rates are advertised on some sites and referred to with special links, but without being limited to a certain guest group. Everyone is eligable to use those rates.

Corporate rates, however, are not rate codes but negotiated rates that must only be used by certain guests. Promoting or even advocating their illegal use was - at least for me - never the original spirit and purpose of this thread. Making otherwise hidden, but publicly available rates transparent was.

Unfortunately, over the last years, the thread has moved mostly to publishing corporate codes and discussing their illegal use.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Sep 3, 2013 at 9:06 am
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Corporate rates, however, are not rate codes but negotiated rates that must only be used by certain guests. Promoting or even advocating their illegal use was - at least for me - never the original spirit and purpose of this thread. Making otherwise hidden, but publicly available rates transparent was.

Unfortunately, over the last years, the thread has moved mostly to publishing corporate codes and discussing their illegal use.
You are 100% correct - yes, to begin with this thread was about publicly available codes, but it has "deteriorated" into a thread for corporate codes, as you have noted as well. Correction taken - this thread was not originally about corporate codes, but those following it as of recent years will basically only recall seeing discussions on corporate codes.

When I said to read through the thread, I didn't mean from page 1, I meant the chunk of the thread that discusses the use of corporate codes. And as I've written in my previous post, I did not book any hotel room using any corporate code, so 'jumping down my throat' for merely checking what type of discounts one can get by booking with these codes and seeing how far out they can be used was uncalled for. I did not see this person condemning anybody else who actually booked rooms using such codes. I am not condoning the actions of those booking using corporate codes, but I'm not G-d's policeman either. To each their own.

Last edited by friedablass; Sep 3, 2013 at 9:03 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.