Multiple people in a single room: IC or HI?

Old Jun 5, 2007, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, IC Hotels Priority Club Gold
Question Multiple people in a single room: IC or HI?

I'm going to a convention with a few friends in a couple months, and we're working out our hotel bookings now (always good to do in advance for big events, "guaranteed availability" is iffy at best). We have 6 people coming, and we're debating whether to stay at the InterContinental or Holiday Inn.

I have Gold Elite PC status and IC Ambassador, so usually I'd go with the IC due to the upgraded room and other perks. However they state an occupancy limit of 4 and I suspect they'll be far more stringent about enforcement. While its unlikely even 2 people will be in the room at any given time (since the convention events run 24/7, and people intend to get their money's worth), the idea of large charges racking up is bothersome.

Any suggestions/tips? (Besides getting multiple rooms . . . . the room is mostly for luggage/accessories and less for sleeping, but given all the stuff we're bringing more space would be nice).
Old Jun 5, 2007, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Not that I would put 6 people in one hotel room but you would probably have the same chance of getting "busted" by either hotel. Its not like they will be doing room-by-room sweeps to ensure you have the proper numbers. Don't advertise it to the hotel and they probably won't notice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.