Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berchtesgaden Master Thread [now a Kempinski]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2007, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
IC Berchtesgaden Master Thread [now a Kempinski]

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this property lately. How likely for a platinum member to get upgraded. Thanks.
Old May 16, 2007, 8:26 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
As a platinum member upgrade i believe only applies at CP and HI. I got upgraded to a panoramic suite as an ambassador. You can try to send them an email and mention that your stay is a special one :-)
Old May 16, 2007, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
I am pc platinum ambasador as well. I thought the upgrades for all IC properties as well.
Old May 16, 2007, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Searchus Maximus
Old May 19, 2007, 9:51 am

Programs: Plat Royal Ambassador/HH Gold/MR Silver/Meliá MAS/Ivory Flying Blue/Basic Eurobonus/Avis Preferred
Upgrades at InterCon hotels only apply for Amb and RA's as far as I know.
Old May 21, 2007, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by stinkycop
I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this property lately. How likely for a platinum member to get upgraded. Thanks.
Without Ambassador status I don't think you'll get an upgrade. Although I promise that you won't be disappointed whatever room you get -the hotel is fantastic. They are pretty flexible though -they cancelled and refunded a pre-pay non-ref reservation for me two weeks ago -so if you ask at checkin politely if they could upgrade you I think you might just get an upgrade, even if it is only one level. And if you don't then at least you've tried -no harm in asking!
Old May 21, 2007, 9:15 am

Programs: Amex Cent, PC Royal Amb, Hertz Pres C, *A Gold, *Wood Gold, Hilton Gold, BA, KLM, Marriott,
Hi,

This is my favourite IC, we've stayed a few times, you'll love it.

The first time we went I was only a PLAT, we booked the cheapest room available and were upgraded to a really nice room, having said that it was October and quite quiet. Since then I have been a PLAT AMB and have only every been 'upgraded' to a room with a better view, however, having said that I booked the better rooms and the only 'real' upgrade would have been to a suite but the hotel was very busy. I'll definitely go back soon.

Having said all this, if this is not a business trip and you are paying for the rooms yourself (or a points booking) you should apply for AMB. You will get a 2-for-1 voucher which will definitely pay for itself on a two night stay.

Phillip
Old May 22, 2007, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat, PC Plat RA, HH Gold
Had a wonderful time at that hotel, stayed three nights using a twofer. I think we (and our two children) got a panorama suite (with beds downstairs for the crazy ones) which is on two levels and rather big. Amazing panorama too.

The food was nice in the hotel and both the spa and swimming pool were used with joy. Fabulous view from the pool (connecting indoor/outdoor).

By the way, at other IC properties in Germany and Greece I had a conversation with Guest Relations about that hotel in Berchtesgaden and they all are *dying* to go there.

This is as a RA.
Old May 22, 2007, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by scoiattolo
Had a wonderful time at that hotel, stayed three nights using a twofer. I think we (and our two children) got a panorama suite (with beds downstairs for the crazy ones) which is on two levels and rather big. Amazing panorama too.

The food was nice in the hotel and both the spa and swimming pool were used with joy. Fabulous view from the pool (connecting indoor/outdoor).

By the way, at other IC properties in Germany and Greece I had a conversation with Guest Relations about that hotel in Berchtesgaden and they all are *dying* to go there.

This is as a RA.
yes it really is a great hotel. I was chatting to a front desk lady at the London IC last week and she previously had worked at Berchtesgaden but had moved to UK to learn English & she said how good it was too -I cannot agree more, it is possibly one of the best IC's in Europe
Old Jun 17, 2008, 9:28 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
RA room category upgrade creation

The IC Berchtesgaden has changed its policy to upgrade RA to suites.
When you book "standard" you get "executive".
This has been made possible by creating a second executive category. Now there is "executive" and "executive fireplace".
The latter is cheaper in summer and considered a one level upgrade for Amb. The "executive" is the same room without fireplace and about 10 euro more expensive during summer and now considered a double upgrade for RA. (Winter vice versa)
They used to give suite upgrades - and suites are the stunning part in this hotel.

Furthermore, I have been informed that advance purchase discouted rates are only available for standard rooms - never for executive.

Just to give an idea what this means in €€ $$:
Standard deluxe --> Executive room. Cost: 149 Euro (Adv Purchase)
Executive fireplace room --> suite. Cost 260 Euro (Best Flex)

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Jun 17, 2008 at 10:47 am Reason: Spelling.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:45 am

I can't confirm the previous posting. I have been at this resort in Feb 08 and booked the cheapest option available plus a weekend voucher (it was still pretty expensive) During the phone call of reservation I was guaranteed an upgrade to a suite. ( I am RA) We stayed at a duplex suite with 2 floors, balconies, bathrooms, sleeping rooms and a living room with a fireplace. Snacks + juices, water were included, plus a nice bottle of wine the first night. breakfast is worth getting up earlier. Spa treatments are ridiculous expensive!

The IC Berchdesgaden is truly amazing. I can only recommend it. Especially during the wintertime.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by felipegonzal
I can't confirm the previous posting. I have been at this resort in Feb 08 and booked the cheapest option available plus a weekend voucher (it was still pretty expensive) During the phone call of reservation I was guaranteed an upgrade to a suite. ( I am RA) We stayed at a duplex suite with 2 floors, balconies, bathrooms, sleeping rooms and a living room with a fireplace. Snacks + juices, water were included, plus a nice bottle of wine the first night. breakfast is worth getting up earlier. Spa treatments are ridiculous expensive!

The IC Berchdesgaden is truly amazing. I can only recommend it. Especially during the wintertime.
Welcome to Flyertalk!
I reported the official upgrade policy they told me. However, they still can upgrade you to a suite.

Cheapest available room is definitely not expensive, as low as 139 Euro Adv Purchase. If you pay more, as you did in a more expensive period, the chance to get a better upgrade can be better.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 1:11 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
I had a really great stay this weekend at the IC Berchtesgaden in a penthouse suite. ^

But today I found out on my PC account, that they had charged me 40.000 points for a reward night. What happens ?

I had a company rate for the first night and I booked the best flexible night for the BOGO. At check in I gave them the voucher and then they reclaimed, that they never received that voucher and made a award reservation for the second night. After some phonecalls they suddenly had found my BOGO and now they have to correct everything.

Crazy things are going on at the IC Berchtesgaden
Old Jul 6, 2008, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Blue/IC Royal Ambassador/LeadinghotelsRegular
we are looking to stay here for a ski trip in Jan. I think the nearest slope is Jenner and i have heard there is a bus. Does anyone know how far the slope is (10 mins/30mins etc) on the bus and also how regularly the buses go.

On another note, the restaurant has a michellin star, how have people found the food and price of the food here?

We cant wait for our stay
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:33 am

I need to stress again that RA will not automatically get a suite upgrade from the "standard deluxe room" category. This was my very disappointing experience.

I will post a RA review later on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.