Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berchtesgaden Master Thread [now a Kempinski]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:36 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
IC Berchtesgaden will leave the ICH Group and will rembranded for Kempinski next year.

More informations (sorry for only German) can be found here:

http://www.tophotel.de/news/4184-das...kempinski.html
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Adding to szg's post, here is information in english (published earlier today in our newsroom):

Kempinski to Reflag Berchtesgaden Resort
Kempinski Hotels announced that it will take over the management of what is currently the InterContinental Resort Berchtesgaden in the coming year.

The hotel, owned by the Bayerische Landesbank, has 138 rooms and suites....

<SNIP>
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by szg
IC Berchtesgaden will leave the ICH Group and will rembranded for Kempinski next year.
Very sad news.
It is a great property and RAs are very well treated.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Very sad news.
It is a great property and RAs are very well treated.
Are you kidding me? The actual property is great but the treatment I have had on both paid and, no actually they have all been revenue stays (admittedly with some friends and family rates), has been horribly inconsistent. Upgrades are a fight every single time and I am conversant in German to understand their calls when I have had to push for an upgrade. Some of the rooms are fantastic but the struggle at getting upgrades here makes upgrades at other IC hotels look like a breeze. This is a property I would stay at regardless of brand affiliation. I hope Kempinski either changes or trains some of their current staff to a different standard.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by szg

More informations (sorry for only German) can be found here:

http://www.tophotel.de/news/4184-das...kempinski.html
Darn! Was hoping to use some of my free nights here.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by szg
My recently received complimentary weekend night certificate just became useless...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:45 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
This is a property I would stay at regardless of brand affiliation. I hope Kempinski either changes or trains some of their current staff to a different standard.
Agree on both counts. Have stayed twice and enjoyed both immensely, that outdoor pool is hard to beat.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Coathanger
Agree on both counts. Have stayed twice and enjoyed both immensely, that outdoor pool is hard to beat.
Kempinski and their overdone German-ness is one of the brands I actively avoid and I doubt we'll return. There are other good (non-branded) options.
A big loss for IHG.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
This is indeed very sad news - had 3 very good stays here in the past and treated well as a mere Ambassador. What is it with IHG at the moment losing some of their best European hotels?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
Are you kidding me? The actual property is great but the treatment I have had on both paid and, no actually they have all been revenue stays (admittedly with some friends and family rates), has been horribly inconsistent. Upgrades are a fight every single time and I am conversant in German to understand their calls when I have had to push for an upgrade. Some of the rooms are fantastic but the struggle at getting upgrades here makes upgrades at other IC hotels look like a breeze. This is a property I would stay at regardless of brand affiliation. I hope Kempinski either changes or trains some of their current staff to a different standard.
Definitely not my experience
Great service, excellent restaurant and very nice upgrade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLK-rhkoMsg

Last edited by nicolas75; Oct 21, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: IHG
A shame. I will make a final pilgrimage in February.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by turner32
A shame. I will make a final pilgrimage in February.
How do you know that it will still be under the IHG flag in February? The German link would suggest that Kempinski is chomping at the bit to get their hands on the hotel.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:39 am
B42

Programs: IC,KLM,Marriott,LHW,HHonors
Originally Posted by ksen2020
How do you know that it will still be under the IHG flag in February? The German link would suggest that Kempinski is chomping at the bit to get their hands on the hotel.
Latest news is that the transfer will be in the middle of April.
I don't understand that IC let this happen, it is their nicest hotel in Europe. This will effect regular guests of the hotel the most.

Kempinski only offers check-out until 3pm if you stay 10? nights first. Not to mention the free nights on points or the Ambassador voucher you have with IC. Or the nice upgrades and special attention we have always received since the opening of the hotel.

The only reason to return is when Kempinski offers the same extra's as IC does. Maybe a special card for regular visitors of the hotel?

When they don't change their program we will probably not return as well.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Mid-April? That's really bad news. I have a one-week stay booked in May, but if they reflag before that I will have to cancel. I can't stand those obnoxious Kempinski hotels.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by mapu
Mid-April? That's really bad news. I have a one-week stay booked in May, but if they reflag before that I will have to cancel. I can't stand those obnoxious Kempinski hotels.
Why does no-one seem to like Kempinski?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.