Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Really makes me wonder why they even announce exact dates for hotel's opening so far in advance. I don't remember the last time an IC opened on time, based on what I have read here, or at least more often than not they don't.
Particularly true for new construction. I got in on the IC LA because it was just a changeover from Hyatt.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:22 am
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Originally Posted by Camino1
Did they offer to handle the MH change for you at your reserved rate?
I said "no" before they could have offered, so I don't know. I stay at the MH quite a bit already, and I booked a more expensive room here than I normally would at the Mark (special event and all).
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:59 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8800: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.1.8295/1724; en; U; ssr))

If I'm flying in around 10pm into sfo on sat and out sun flight is at 1pm what would be the best (and possibly the cheapest) way?
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:15 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
BART to Powell St.

http://bart.gov
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:16 pm

And how far from there to IC? Walking distance?
Also is it safe at 930PM?
What time would you leave on the way back if my flight is around 130PM?
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:01 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jason8612
And how far from there to IC? Walking distance?
Also is it safe at 930PM?
What time would you leave on the way back if my flight is around 130PM?
1. Yes. See http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...7296&z=17&om=1

2. Yes.

3. It takes exactly 30 min from Powell St to SFO International terminal. Trains run at 5, 25 and 45 min past the hour from Powell St. Do the math...
Old Dec 20, 2007, 1:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
The only issue is walking up the hill with cases. Otherwise I found it far easier going by BART rather than airport shuttle.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by davidw70
The only issue is walking up the hill with cases. Otherwise I found it far easier going by BART rather than airport shuttle.
You're talking about the Mark Hopkins. I assumed the OP was talking about the new IC San Francisco when he said "sfo ic".
Old Dec 21, 2007, 1:23 pm

I ment MH
So what was the BART stop for the IC san fran?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:34 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Parking at the IC San Francisco

Not to be picky, but I will have an upcoming trip to the SF area in March, and am considering a stay at the IC San Francisco. As I will be renting a car to get around, the cost of parking is a consideration.

This is what I see posted on the IC SF Hotel Overview page:
Parking

Parking Available/180 Spaces
Complimentary Registered Guest Parking
$46 plus 14% tax per day
Valet Parking Available: $52.44 (USD)
Valet Parking Available
Controlled Access Gates to Parking
Parking Area Equipped with Lights
Now looking at the bolded text above (bolding mine), I would like to read this as parking is free for registered guests (and $46 plus tax for everyone else). But somehow, given the cost of parking in SF, not to mention the cost of parking at the MH, I'm afraid that this may not be the case. If so, is IC one again "giving new meaning" to the English language? (Recall the "Fully Flexible" rates sometimes offered being anything but.) Or am I simply wrong in believing that "complimentary" has always meant "given free as a courtesy or favor"?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 4:34 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
as far as i remember this is not hosted by the IH, what the 'guarantee' you is a place in the garage; for that price.

Depending on where you want to get around, I seriously would consider using a cab instead, less hassle and everything. SFO is not really a city to drive around with your own car.

If I do remember correctly, there are some packages available through the hotel site which include parking, you might want to look at those or maybe you did have them picked hence the complimentary.

in all cases given the amount of trouble we did have with the MH lately: print out everything!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Any stay reports here yet? Search has not revealed anything new. Thinking of booking special bonus rate for late March.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:34 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Any stay reports here yet? Search has not revealed anything new. Thinking of booking special bonus rate for late March.
Hotel opens Feb 28.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by holtju2
Only 14 suites????
Would it mean that there must not be 15 RA at the same time
Old Feb 13, 2008, 3:03 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Avis P'sC, AAA-Plus
booked a stay for Memorial Day weekend, will report back
hotel website seems to be pretty informative

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.