Wiki Posts
Search

Dashboard gripe thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1MM UA
Dashboard gripe thread

IHG has several nice promotions, but a universally frustrating feature (to me) is the inability of the dashboard to be up-to-date or to make any sense. It manages to know the "days remaining" in the promotion to one day, but take a long long time to catch up with transactions, more like posting times from the 1980s.

One thing that bothered me in particular about this last promotion was that for a long time I had finished 100% of the night stay requirements, the dashboard listed stays corresponding to 75% of the requirement, and it stated that I had satisfied 62% of the requirement. It all posted in the end, and I wasn't really worried, but I was annoyed. I know for previous promotions there were bigger problems, like inconsistent lists of requirements, but they ought to be able to write/use better software.

If the dashboard is to be a useful tool as part of the promotion, it should be kept as current as the points page. If IHG can't or won't do that for some reason, it would be better if there was a caveat to that effect someplace on the dashboard, or before you clicked "track status".
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: Flying blue
The whole web site for status is a bit of mess, I hate when it links to other windows for what should be on the front page. Takes forever to load most of the time too, and never seems to remember your password for your personal computer.

You;d think it's easy enough for someone to get the website right, not exactly pocket science any more, any first year IT student could do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.