Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 16, 14, 2:21 pm   #661

Programs: AF/KLM FB Plat|InterContinental Plat RA|HHonnors VIP Gold|A Club Sofitel Plat|AMEX Plat|Visa Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by partickboy View Post
Though despite the nicer decorations and finish you can't escape the feeling you are entering an airplane toilet on entering the bathroom.
nicolas75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 14, 12:25 am   #662

Programs: SK*G, AYsilver
Crowne Plaza Berlin City Centre

What is your Priority Club status?
Club

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
No (you may compare to a positive experience here)

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a lowest category, reveived the same on 2nd floor facing ugly view. Received some 15-20% discount coupons this and that, I could not care less.

How are the rooms?
The rooms are small, worn (as in it had an old feeling to it; colors, furniture), but adequate. Did not include free internet (not yet the case for Elite members, only Gold&Platinum I was told)

How is the exec. lounge?
Hotel has no exec. lounge to my knowledge

What was good
Location, easy to get to airport and the area around.

What was bad?
Old ugly rooms. Service. My room was smelling slightly tobacco, so I asked if it really was a non-smoking. Yes (they did not bother have someone check if there was smell). It was also advertised during booking that WIFI is free for elite, but it was not. I complained during checkout and the lady completely ignored. Intervened the manager, asked what is wrong and handled my disappointment professionally, waived the WIFI fee

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I could come back given the location and constant low prices on this property, but I would book a better room next time. Now paying some 80€ it was not that bad.
FFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 14, 10:45 am   #663

Programs: AA Life-Plat 4MM, HH Gold, PC Plat, US, UA, BA
Holiday Inn EZE (Buenos Aires)

Booked 1 night as award (only 10K points and 1K back). This was in Feb 2014.
On checkin I was told that as Platinum (Chase PC card) I will get breakfast.

They also have a "little" shuttle to/from EZE: a small car with 4 seats.

Nice hotel, nice rooms. Great for a night before flight from EZE.

Last edited by IntFF; Apr 18, 14 at 11:03 am..
IntFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 14, 1:44 am   #664

Programs: A3*G, BD Gold, BA Gold, IHG Plat
HIX Harlow, UK

Platinum

No

Booked flexible corporate rate, no upgrade available as HIX, but didn't even get a high floor.

How are the rooms?
Standard for HIX in Europe - revamped format with large shower.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/a

What was good
Absolutely nothing whatsoever

What was bad?
Car park was full, but no signage whatsoever directing you to the very old multi-storey behind the hotel with which they have an agreement (and nor is this mentioned on the website). Tried to blame the council!
Offered points or a drink at check-in, but then told had run out of points vouchers and nothing else offered - never remedied.
Wi-fi required a ludicrous amount of personal data to access - certainly more than I was prepared to give.
Breakfast a complete disaster area - ran out of trays, plates, cutlery. Quite what they'd done to the orange juice mix will forever remain a mystery ...
Check-out completely impersonal - didn't bother to ask how the stay was, which perhaps explains why so much was wrong during it.
To top it all, points failed to post and waiting for retro credit.

Even if the stay had been free it would probably have been a poor experience. No intention of returning - and I don't think I've ever had to say that about an IHG property.
NWIFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 14, 2:19 am   #665

Indigo Düsseldorf

Platinum (RA)

Yes, very happy.

Booked cheapest room (standard room), got Suite.

How are the rooms?
Very modern styled two room suite. A rather small bedroom with double bed, and not much more fitting into that room. The large living room has sofa and a dinning table. There is also a large balcony with a table and two chairs on it, which was pretty nice, since I stayed on a warm sunny day there. The bath room has in one corner a nice bath tub and in the other a shower surrounded by glass walls.

How is the exec. lounge?
There is no.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A bottle of water and a voucher for a free dinner with main course and starter or dessert. The voucher had in my case a value about 30-35 Euros.

Good:
  • Breakfast staff was great in fulfilling my extra needs, always asking whether I need something.
  • Gorgeous Upgrade
  • Just about a three minutes walk to the subway.

Bad:
  • Free WiFi voucher was only for 12 hours.
  • Minibar was very basic, e.g. no Diet Coke.

Great value for money, I would like to return.
cazane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 14, 3:06 am   #666

Programs: AF/KLM FB Plat|InterContinental Plat RA|HHonnors VIP Gold|A Club Sofitel Plat|AMEX Plat|Visa Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post

How are the rooms?
The rooms are small, worn (as in it had an old feeling to it; colors, furniture), but adequate.
Indigo next door is much nicer (but rooms are tiny): brand new, fresh design, very good breakfast, super friendly staff.

It is a shame that what was supposed to be the new CP in Berlin is finally the Wyndham Grand Berlin.
nicolas75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 14, 3:18 am   #667

Programs: BA, QF, IHG Gold Elite & SPG
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

What is your Priorityclub status?

Gold Elite

Were you happy with the hotel / stay?

Yes. I stayed at this Hotel once before and found it sub standard. This time I noticed a marked improvement in the service I received, especially at check-in.

Booked a Standard Double Room and received an upgrade to a Club Room with Club Lounge access.

How are the rooms?

I thought the room was a little outdated if I am honest. Neutral colours. Large comfy bed and spacious room but the decor could probably do with a touch of modernisation. The room had very large windows that offered a nice view of the carpark and of the planes landing and taking off.
The Bathroom felt small and pokey, and smelt as if it hadn't had a good clean in a while. The quality of the amenities were excellent.

How is the Club Lounge?

Again, I felt the Club Lounge was a little outdated (probably subconciously comparing it to the CP Manchester City Centre).
Canapés were served whilst we were in there but we didn't indulge. Alcohol on offer was extensive and my friend and I enjoyed a few bottles of a reputable American brand of lager.

What was good/bad?

Good:-

* Gold Elite recognition
* Club Room upgrade
* Club Lounge Access
* Complimentary WIFI
* Automatic accreditation of bonus points for staying (no 400 point voucher)

Bad :-

The smell in the bathroom was a little nauseating, but on the whole not that big of a deal.

Value for £ / Would you return?

For the price I paid, I would recommend. I would definitely return having had such a better experience than the last time I was at this Hotel. The check-in staff were so much more attentive and I actually felt they cared about what I wanted, as opposed to the last time I stayed.
iFlip23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 14, 6:25 am   #668

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Holiday Inn Mississauga Toronto West

Holiday Inn Mississauga Toronto West

Royal Ambassador

Yes

Booked cheapest room (standard room), got an Executive room at top floor

How are the rooms?
Its an older hotel, so I didn't expect much from it. Very clean spacious it has a microwave though I didn't use it, its nice to have and a "full" small size fridge. (not like a mini bar fridge).

How is the exec. lounge?
None

A free breakfast but no 500 points, but its ok. I prefer a buffet breakfast.

Good:
  • Staff were very nice and friendly
  • Free breakfast!
  • Good location very close to the Hwy
  • They have 6 dedicated parking for Plat members!!! I didn't really use it though, parking lot wasn't that big and it wasn't very full.

Bad:
  • None that I can think off

Great value for money, I would like to return.[/quote]
BRAISKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 14, 9:26 pm   #669

Programs: Somewhat disillusioned UA flyer after 25 loyal years. Currently Gold. Now at 925,000 lifetime miles.
Holiday Inn Paris - Auteuil

Holiday Inn Paris - Auteuil

Gold

Yes

Booked cheapest room (standard room), got an upgrade to a slightly larger room with a sofa.

How are the rooms?
Very clean, but not very spacious. The bathroom had a bathtub w/shower, some of the smaller standard rooms have only a standing shower. Mine faced the street, but it was not noisy unless I opened the window

How is the exec. lounge?
None

A choice of 300 points, or a free non-alcoholic drink from the mini-bar. I took the points.

Good:
Most of the staff are friendly.
Excellent access to the Metro. It's just outside your door.

Very nice residential neighborhood with lots of shops, supermarkets, restaurants, brasseries and bars.

Rooms are relatively quiet. Completely quiet if you're facing the garden side.

Prices are cheaper than most other HI properties in Paris City region.

Bad:
The male day-manager is the least friendly staff person (very Parisian).

There is only 1 elevator, and the door sometimes gets stuck open on the lobby floor (at least the last time I was there) which means you either have to call down for them to close the elevator door on the lobby floor, so it can be sent up, or walk down the stairs (which is very difficult to do with luggage).

Deathly slow free internet.

Cable TV has only 2 English channels, both news. And it's a pain to access them.

If you are looking to sight-see, this hotel is furthest from most of Paris' attractions (except for the Eiffel Tower & Trocadero). That didn't matter to me so much because I was there on business nearby. It will take 30 minutes to get to the center of Paris by Metro.

Great value for money, compared to other HI Paris properties. I would certainly return when I'm on business. If I were using points and sightseeing, for the same amount of points, I'd try to get something more centrally located, like HI Notre Dame
Jigen666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 2:42 am   #670

Programs: BA, QF, IHG Gold Elite & SPG
Just thought I'd give a headsup to whoever (FLYGVA?) updates the links in the OP that I noticed a review for the CP "Shude Hill" Manchester UK, which is the same hotel as the CP Manchester City Centre. It's just that Shudehill is the area of Manchester the hotel resides in. (I was actually looking to see if a Hotel I am staying in on Saturday had been reviewed by anyone on here - it hasn't).

I just thought it might be beneficial to update that particular review to the CP MCC for others who might want a more recent review of the Hotel, if staying or contemplating.
iFlip23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:28 am   #671

Programs: Somewhat disillusioned UA flyer after 25 loyal years. Currently Gold. Now at 925,000 lifetime miles.
Question: Which HI did you stay at? There are 2 HI properties next to London Heathrow. There's the Holiday Inn Heathrow M4J4, which is the tall white tower, and the Holiday Inn Heathrow on Bath & Sipson, a smaller, but wider, 3-4 floor building. I had rented my car from M4J4, but when I tired returning it, by entering Holiday Inn Heathrow into the GPS, it took me to the other hotel. Both hotels are about 1 mile apart from each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks120 View Post
Holiday Inn London Heathrow

Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes very!

Booked Standard Room. Was upgraded to Executive Room.

How are the rooms?
The room was quite large and was very modern. The bathroom was great and the shower was nice and strong!

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was your welcome gift?
I was given water, still & sparkling, a dairy milk bar, some posh chocolates and jammy dodgers!

Did you receive fruit in the room?
You don't normally at a HI in my experience.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Location is very close to the airport and has a Hoppa Bus.
Very modern
Friendly Staff

Bad

Nothing really - the menu could have more choice but that was a minor observation.

Value for £ or Priority Club Points?
Very good value - I paid £45 and with the upgrade, I was very pleased.

Would you return?
Yes definitely for any stay I require at Heathrow.

aks120

Last edited by Jigen666; Yesterday at 11:38 am..
Old Yesterday, 12:17 pm   #672

Holiday Inn Kensington Forum - London

Holiday Inn Kensington Forum - London

Gold

Yes

Booked cheapest room (standard queen bed), no upgrade.

How are the rooms?
The whole hotel is a bit worn out. It's certainly past its prime. The rooms are a little small, but not too cramped. Furniture in the room looks like it's 25 years old, or older, but not old antique furniture, more like old worn out Ikea furniture. The coffee cups, water boiler and glasses they provided were not the cleanest (asked for another set). The bathroom had a full bathtub. Having outlets with US electric socket type in the wall is a + (allowed me to charge several devices at once). Buttons on phone didn't work, couldn't call directly to front desk, housekeeping or concierge, always had to dial 0 for the hotel operator and ask to be connected.

How is the exec. lounge?
Don't know, I didn't get invited to use, if they even have one.

A choice of 300 points, or a free drink from the bar. I took the points.

Good:
Friendly staff.
Excellent access to the Gloucester Road Tube Station (2 minute walk). 3 lines at the station, which can take you to most parts of London.
Very nice neighborhood with lots of shops, supermarkets, restaurants, and pubs.
Excellent location to walk to nearby attractions, Harrods, Albert Hall, Hyde Park, Kensington Palace.
Nice views from the high floors.
Rooms are relatively quiet.
Starbucks in the lobby.
Prices are cheaper than most other HI properties in London.

Bad:
A bit worn out as far as HI properties go. Could use some renovation.
Hotel Pub is overpriced and not very good food. Suggest you go to Gloucester Road for better food & Drink. Lots of restaurants and pubs there.
Several elevators were out of service during my visit.
Slow free internet. Staff didn't want to let me use the paid higher speeds and reimburse me my fees.
Parking at the hotel is quite expensive. Had to find street parking for my rental (fortunately it was only for 1 night).
Very busy hotel. I noted that many airline crews from several international carriers (United, ANA, Singapore - probably all Star Alliance brands) had their pilots and crew stay at this hotel. So the lines for service at reception/checkout can be busy, even on the elite line. Also seems to be a popular destination for tour groups.

Great value for the money, compared to other HI London properties. Despite the worn-out appearance of the hotel, I would certainly return when I'm on business, or pleasure. Points-wise, if you can find a newer property in the center of London, you might enjoy it more. But this is still a good property in a great neighborhood.
Old Yesterday, 11:12 pm   #673
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFlip23 View Post
Just thought I'd give a headsup to whoever (FLYGVA?) updates the links in the OP that I noticed a review for the CP "Shude Hill" Manchester UK, which is the same hotel as the CP Manchester City Centre. It's just that Shudehill is the area of Manchester the hotel resides in. (I was actually looking to see if a Hotel I am staying in on Saturday had been reviewed by anyone on here - it hasn't).

I just thought it might be beneficial to update that particular review to the CP MCC for others who might want a more recent review of the Hotel, if staying or contemplating.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It is not corrected
FLYGVA is offline   Reply With Quote