Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)

Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)

Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:10 am

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Crowne Plaza Berlin Potsdamer Platz

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a standard room at $66 USD and upgraded into a Junior Suite, which is relatively spacious.

How are the rooms?
The Junior Suite (343) is spacious but not huge; king bed with a decent amount of walking space around it, and a small work table in the corner. Bathroom is very large, among the biggest I've seen in any hotel! Window in the corner of the room was slightly awkward and presently overlooks a construction site.

How is the exec. lounge?
Not given access. (In any event, they are currently not serving food in it due to low occupancy, but said that they are providing coupons for the restaurant - which is probably a better deal.)

What was good and what was bad?
- Let us check in very early; we arrived at the hotel around 8am and they had our room ready.
- Recognized as Spire but benefits seemed Platinumesque; 600 welcome points, guaranteed late checkout to 2pm, and a modest upgrade.
- The bar/restaurant stayed open a little late to keep serving people who were coming in; they have a pretty nice selection. We had a Tagliarelle that was really fantastic!
- Everyone speaks English and is very friendly.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yeah, for about $66, it's hard to go wrong.

Last edited by LaphroaigAndRibeye; Dec 30, 2015 at 5:26 pm Reason: Fixed bold formatting
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Steven6702
The Junior Suite (343) is spacious but not huge; king bed with a decent amount of walking space around it, and a small work table in the corner. Bathroom is very large, among the biggest I've seen in any hotel!
Junior suite is 34 sqm large, which is more than decent.
Marble bathroom is really nice, with great design bathtub:

Restaurant is very good (excellent service, good food, elegant design).

Definitely a very good option in Berlin!

Pictures of the hotel
Old Dec 30, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Junior suite is 34 sqm large, which is more than decent.
Marble bathroom is really nice, with great design bathtub:

Restaurant is very good (excellent service, good food, elegant design).

Definitely a very good option in Berlin!

Pictures of the hotel
I was very impressed by that bathtub; definitely needed it for my poor muscles after the walking tour we did!
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Holiday Inn Express - Hong Kong - SOHO

Holiday Inn Express - Hong Kong - SOHO

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum via CC.

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a double standard. Pretty sure I wasn't upgraded but we were on the 28th floor facing the harbour. The amenity was one coke, one orange juice and a travel sized Oreo pack. Checked in a few hours early and late check out at 2pm.

How are the rooms?
Two single beds, desk, mini-fridge, 32-inch flat screen TV, tiny sitting area with table and the semi-translucent bathroom cubicle. A bit tight near the foot of the beds, but overall room for all our stuff. Internet was fine, my sister even used her iphone to wi-fi call with no dropped calls.

How is the exec. lounge?
HIE - No executive lounge

What was good and what was bad?
Good: It was on the airport shuttle route, so the van dropped you off right by the hotel. The Sheung Wan MTR station on de Voeux Rd/Hiller was about 3 blocks away. Starbucks, 7/11 and Bank of China for ATM needs are on de Voeux.

I thought it had a good variety of breakfast (esp compared to a HIE in the US) even if it mostly stayed the same: scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, ham (bacon one day), and baked beans every other day. There was also apples (there were grapes one day), yogurt, and cereal as well as bread, baby croissants, and cinnamon raisin rolls. My sister thought the Chinese stuff was quite good: congee, rice noodles, lo mein, cabbage, mantou (plain steamed buns) with condensed milk and veggie fried rice (only twice).

I was able to buy a SIM at the front desk (5x IHG points). An extra outlet adapter in the tray with the tea kettle was very helpful. Wi-fi was fast enough for both of us to use at the same time - though not uploading at the same time.

The only thing I could complain about was the elevators were slow during breakfast with only 2 for 30+ floors. My sister's solution was to go down the stairs - going down was ok, but I put my foot down on going up the stairs!

There's some pics of the room and breakfast (sorry 1 pic is off color - no flash) in my trip report on FT (scroll down).

Value for $? Would you return?
Great value as I got it 20k a night and it came with breakfast for my sister and I. Yes, it very good for what is considered the "lower level" brand, just not as much a deal pointswise now at 30k.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:40 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Thank you all for your contributions to this thread, sharing you experience in various hotels around the globe from the perspective of a Rewards Club Member.

The thread for 2016 is now open and could be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ce-2016-a.html

This thread is now "unsticked" and will remain open for a couple of days in case there are any question regarding posts in this thread but will be closed without further notice.

Please post your stays in the thread mentioned above.

Happy new year and safe travels

FLYGVA
for The IHG Forum moderation team

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.