Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador
Sign in using an external account

Old May 17, 15, 2:41 pm   #481

Programs: SQ Silver, TG Gold, Priority RA, SPG Plat, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star, HH Gold, EK Gold
Crowne Plaza Promenade, Den Haag, Netherlands

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

King bed Club Room. No recognition of IHG member (Plat Amb). Receptionist had no idea what I was talking about. Got the room I booked. When I asked what the room was all she could answer was the room number.

How are the rooms?

Good sized room, well appointed.

How is the exec. lounge?
there isn't one that I was made aware of

What was good and what was bad?
The room is good but the standard of staff here is very disappointing. Receptionist had no idea about IHG. Barman more interested in doing his 'chores' than serving people in the bar. Asked for the bill after being ignored for 10 minutes with an empty glass and his response was to leave the bar for 10 minutes. Very remote location, nothing within easy walking distance other that the Tram.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points

Not worth it. Much better hotels in better locations with actual Service and staff that understand what Service is.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 18, 15 at 11:52 am. Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only
Jages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 15, 5:13 pm   #482

Crowne Plaza Lima - Peru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas75 View Post
Crowne Plaza Lima - Peru

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, absolutely

(...)
Crowne Plaza Lima - Peru

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Platinum Elite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
We stayed for 2 separate 1-night reservations within a 5 day period. On the first night, yes. On the second night, no.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a Chase IHG free night award for both nights. Received an executive room upgrade on both reservations. I was not offered a suite upgrade.

How are the rooms?

The first room we received was clearly upgraded, and enjoyable. Clean, and satisfied.
The next room we received was clearly not upgraded. It was noticeably older, and less than desirable.
Also, I have no clue how the previous poster could call the rooms quiet. Must be used to living in Manhattan or something. The property is adjacent to Av Alfredo Benavides which is a major thoroughfare. Cars constantly (6am-11pm) honking. The windows are not well secured, meaning noise comes in easily. I would describe the noise as tolerable city noise, but if you need absolute peace, Lima may not be the city for you (or Miraflores specifically).

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good

Location in Miraflores is fantastic.
WiFi was speedy.
A late check out (3pm) was offered, but grudgingly after asking twice.

What was bad?

No breakfast at all for Platinum. The other poster must have been more handsome than I, because I got nothing.
When we asked for how to take the bus to Pisco, we were looked upon as if we were crazy. The bus ride was 90% cheaper than the options the concierge offered, and completely safe.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It was a nice Chase redemption. I would probably explore other properties in Lima in the future.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 19, 15 at 9:47 am. Reason: no need to quote everything
Miami305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 15, 9:07 am   #483

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, BA Bronce, GPP Gold, PC RA Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jages View Post
mirrors my experience there a while back. Did the barman putthe ice cubes with his fingers into the guests glasses?
boekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 15, 9:40 am   #484

Programs: AF/KLM FB Plat|InterContinental Plat RA|A Club Gold|AMEX Plat|Visa Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami305 View Post
Crowne Plaza Lima - Peru

I have no clue how the previous poster could call the rooms quiet. Must be used to living in Manhattan or something. The property is adjacent to Av Alfredo Benavides which is a major thoroughfare. Cars constantly (6am-11pm) honking. The windows are not well secured, meaning noise comes in easily. I would describe the noise as tolerable city noise, but if you need absolute peace, Lima may not be the city for you (or Miraflores specifically).
Well, I am just a Parisian who hates (street) noise, but is lucky to have an appartment with bedrooms facing a lovely and quiet garden
I had a room on high floor with (partial) see view (read: absolutely no noise)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami305 View Post
What was bad?

No breakfast at all for Platinum. The other poster must have been more handsome than I, because I got nothing.
Handsome, I don't know. But Royal Ambassador, certainly.
I was told, if I remember well: as there is no club lounge, you will get free breakfast (including on points)
Old May 20, 15, 9:28 am   #485

Programs: SQ Silver, TG Gold, Priority RA, SPG Plat, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star, HH Gold, EK Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by boekel View Post
mirrors my experience there a while back. Did the barman putthe ice cubes with his fingers into the guests glasses?
Didn't see that but there are some other 'interesting' practices similar to that.
Jages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 15, 7:29 am   #486

Crowne Plaza - Seattle Airport

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Executive, received the same

- How are the rooms?
Quite large and modern - the bathroom has a sliding door facing the bed, which was unusual. A good selection of amenities was provided.

- How is the exec. lounge?
There isn't one.

- What was good and what was bad?
The room ticked all the boxes and there was nothing wrong with it. Parking ($19) was comped. There was nothing bad, either, although I'll be interested to see whether the welcome points post (at my usual HI, they give a voucher instead).

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
The room rate was $199 plus tax, which is on the high end but not excessive. I would probably stay at the HIX instead if I returned - I'm going there next week and they've already upgraded the booking!
Retron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 15, 5:00 pm   #487

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG Plat.AMB
Crowne Plaza - Seattle Airport

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, stayed 2 times

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Standard room, received junior suite (2x)

- How are the rooms?
large and some parts are new (bathroom). Bathroom has a sliding door.
Windows are old and not clear.

- How is the exec. lounge?
There isn't one.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good location (only 3min walk to trainstation to city, 8min to airport terminals)

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
The room rate was below $100 plus tax. I will come again.[/quote]
hannes08 is offline   Reply With Quote