Address
InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong
70 Mody Roard,
Tsim Sha Tsui East, Hongkong
Tel +852 2721 5161

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/hong-kong/hkghb/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
Hung Hom Station [West Rail Line / East Rail LIne] (exit D4 / D5)
Tsim Sha Tsui [Tseun Wan Line] (exit P2)
East Tsim Sha Tsui [West Rail Line] (exit P2)

Link to Post with Royal Ambassoder Upgrade Information

Recent Experiences
Royal Ambassador

Ambassador Experiences

Older discussion about this hotel:
Print Wikipost

IC Grand Stanford Hong Kong Master Thread [merged]

Old Mar 3, 2024, 7:19 pm

Horrible smell in the room

Upon entered the room (933) we realized there’s a very strong and unpleasant smell. Called the front desk and they offered the housekeeping to spray and brought us an air purifier (which didn’t help). The housekeeper then told us the smell was due to the new carpet. So I called the front desk to see if we can switch to another room but was told all suites has new carpet so I have no choice but stuck in one. Apparently they didn’t purchase green label rugs to save money, or roll out the rugs in well ventilated area in advance to off-gas the chemicals. I can’t imagine I’m the only one who complained the strong odor. The management must have known about it and decided to rent out the room anyway instead of losing revenue. Bad decision.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:35 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by OnePassLover
Upon entered the room (933) we realized there’s a very strong and unpleasant smell. Called the front desk and they offered the housekeeping to spray and brought us an air purifier (which didn’t help). The housekeeper then told us the smell was due to the new carpet. So I called the front desk to see if we can switch to another room but was told all suites has new carpet so I have no choice but stuck in one. Apparently they didn’t purchase green label rugs to save money, or roll out the rugs in well ventilated area in advance to off-gas the chemicals. I can’t imagine I’m the only one who complained the strong odor. The management must have known about it and decided to rent out the room anyway instead of losing revenue. Bad decision.
I also had this same smell in a suite, and that was 3 months ago! I actually thought it was paint as the walls were freshly painted, so much so evidence of tape still present on ceiling.
I made nothing of it, but I did notice the smell every time I entered the room. It was somewhat unpleasant.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:00 pm

Has anyone used a Confirmable Suite Upgrade voucher for this IC?
For the dates I'm looking at (in May), the IHG website shows that the cheapest suite option is the "1 Bedroom Suite Skyline Harbour View".

Is this the entry level suite?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by boonkoh
Has anyone used a Confirmable Suite Upgrade voucher for this IC?
For the dates I'm looking at (in May), the IHG website shows that the cheapest suite option is the "1 Bedroom Suite Skyline Harbour View".

Is this the entry level suite?
Yes. They are on the sides of the building. You do look out on the harbour, but at an angle.

I read in an earlier thread that they just replaced the carpets, which was definitely needed. :-)
boonkoh likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:03 am

What's my best chance for a upgrade at here or any ihg properties in Hong Kong?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:07 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Ijones027
What's my best chance for a upgrade at here or any ihg properties in Hong Kong?
depends on your status. I always get at least a high floor harbour view room when booking the cheapest room available (also as reward). I am a diamond ambassador with quite some stay history at the property.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
depends on your status. I always get at least a high floor harbour view room when booking the cheapest room available (also as reward). I am a diamond ambassador with quite some stay history at the property.
what about as plat
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:15 am

what about as plat
while I was plat the same applied to me - had booked reward room as well as cheapest room years back and always had a nice harbour view room - but maybe I was just lucky as these are not "one level room upgrades".
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:16 am

while I was plat the same applied to me - had booked reward room as well as cheapest room years back and always had a nice harbour view room.
what about suites?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:30 am

what about suites?
I don't care about suites as I am usually in town and not in the hotel. but when it comes to suite upgrades they are very strict on the on level room upgrade - so you need to book on level below suite level in order to get considered for a suite upgrade. I once had a top level club access skyline harbor view room booked and the upgrade was "just" one level to a high level club access victoria harbor view room.
The IC GS is one property that tends to confirm your upgrades very early. When I write them an email asking for which upgrade I can expect i get the reservation already upgraded to the room type they are providing as complimentary upgrade (but that might be an ambassador thing as there is an upgrade guarantee for ambassadors)
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:38 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
So interesting to read this. I too am a Diamond Ambassador. with a stay history. Within the past 12 months I probably have 25-30 nights there. A few times I've been upgraded nicely, but more often I get their silly upgrades. Like book a harbor view room and get "upgraded" to a higher floor harbor view.

I would be worried that I'd book the cheapest room and get upgraded to one level above cheapest.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
So interesting to read this. I too am a Diamond Ambassador. with a stay history. Within the past 12 months I probably have 25-30 nights there. A few times I've been upgraded nicely, but more often I get their silly upgrades. Like book a harbor view room and get "upgraded" to a higher floor harbor view.

I would be worried that I'd book the cheapest room and get upgraded to one level above cheapest.
my experience was that the best (multi-level-upgrades) have been from the cheapest room. when I booked a higher class room there was the strict one-category-upgrade in place - no exceptions. maybe I was just lucky that they had harbour view rooms available. - anyway when I asked for an upgrade by email they replied and reservation was already updated with the new room category. so in case you are not happy with an one-level-upgrade from a classic room - just cancel and rebook - anyway you can always ask at checkin for further upgrades against payment.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 9:33 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
As a reference I'm a Platinum Ambassador and booked here for a points stay in June. I emailed them to ask about current club access prices and noticed my booking was upgraded from King Classic to a King Classic skyline harbour view which is a 2 category upgrade at this property. I've had a handful of stays here over the years.

I checked a few days ago and the points rate has dropped from 31,000 when I booked to 28,000 now. I am tempted to rebook to save the 3000 points but there is always the risk I might just end up with a 1 category city view room upgrade!
Old Apr 14, 2024, 12:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sbiddle
As a reference I'm a Platinum Ambassador and booked here for a points stay in June. I emailed them to ask about current club access prices and noticed my booking was upgraded from King Classic to a King Classic skyline harbour view which is a 2 category upgrade at this property. I've had a handful of stays here over the years.

I checked a few days ago and the points rate has dropped from 31,000 when I booked to 28,000 now. I am tempted to rebook to save the 3000 points but there is always the risk I might just end up with a 1 category city view room upgrade!
I've had a similar UG showing well in advance on a few bookings only for it to revert to one category a few days before arrival.
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.