Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The IC Boston Master Thread after January 01, 2009 [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Im an RA and staying here next weekend, I have called the Hotel and they have advised Club Access is comp from RA members.

I have now read that Club is closed on weekends, can somebody please confirm?

Also in regards to location how is the hotel? How far walking distance is it too central sights and shopping?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
Im an RA and staying here next weekend, I have called the Hotel and they have advised Club Access is comp from RA members.

Also in regards to location how is the hotel? How far walking distance is it too central sights and shopping?
I was there about a month ago (and I posted about my stay in the RA experiences thread), and the club is most definitely open on weekends.

The location is great. It's two blocks from South Station, where you can take the T to wherever you want. There's not much shopping around there, but some good places to eat near the hotel.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by navatwal

In addition to the post above regarding the T it's also a short walk to the aquarium and Faneuil Hall areas.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:58 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I remember a nice stay at this property some years ago
Can anyone tell me how bed comfort is?
Some guest on Trip Advisor said the beds are hard as rocks/cement
I am thinking of moving my booking to the Hyatt
Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I remember a nice stay at this property some years ago
Can anyone tell me how bed comfort is?
Some guest on Trip Advisor said the beds are hard as rocks/cement
I am thinking of moving my booking to the Hyatt
Thanks
I'm normally good for 1 or 2 stays a year there. I've personally never had an issue with the beds and find them quite comfortable.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:01 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Investor 11
I'm normally good for 1 or 2 stays a year there. I've personally never had an issue with the beds and find them quite comfortable.
Appreciate the feedback
I too don't remember any issue but the guest raised a red flag for me
I find most InterCons to be great with bed comfort
More like the Westin Heavenly bed or better
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Appreciate the feedback
I too don't remember any issue but the guest raised a red flag for me
I find most InterCons to be great with bed comfort
More like the Westin Heavenly bed or better
No problem. All I require for the advice is that you bring a hot lobster roll from Neptune Oyster back to SAN for me.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I'm currently at the hotel for the second time and am somewhat unhappy once again - it seems they are a totally unorganized bunch. Last time when I stayed here they failed on such simple tasks as providing me with a price-list for the mini-bar or even giving me a price for the two items I intended to have (because everyone up to the MoD was unable to find out the prices) and argued with me on saturday morning that saturday is not part of the weekend so the "weekend buffet" at Miel was not available for a reason.

Today I received a room right in the middle of a large party attending a wedding - and right next door to what seemed like the bride's and groom's suite. Given that we just came in from Europe the other day being witness of their after-party is not our favourite past-time, and when we called the MoD about being thoroughly woken up by the proceedings next door the security sent up admonished them to be more silent - just followed minutes later by several people from room-service delivering more alcoholic beverages that refueled the event... And on a seperate note: running out of several beverages in the Club lounge one hour into the cocktail-hour also seems like a not acceptable organizationl flaw as well.

So it seems that getting their act together and provide a flawless experience for all guests is not the key competency of the hotel. Other than that I think it's a nice place, but when such flaws spoil the experience, I'll probably try something else next time.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:19 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; SAMSUNG GT-I9100/I9100BVLPH Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Not good to hear your experience - I was checking out yesterday as some of the wedding party arrived and they were being pretty noisy in reception. I was very happy with my stay the previous night - upgrade from basic room to Ambassador Suite plus club access, the suite was fantastic.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 7:41 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Investor 11
No problem. All I require for the advice is that you bring a hot lobster roll from Neptune Oyster back to SAN for me.
Neptune Oyster? Noone should pay $25 for a lobster roll...head over to a real local place Belle Isle Seafood or if don't feel like heading to Eastie, then head to James Hook and Co. ^
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Stayed at IC Boston of Friday night. Loved the location as I was using South Station for several trains and Fenway, etc.

The beds were less than stellar. I found them a bit like sleeping on a board. I needed two beds and had booked the 2 beds Club Floor. The suites with 2 beds were already given out, which was no big deal. As compensation, they gave me 2 drink certs for the lounge. Not a terrible gesture, but think it could have been something a tad more.

All in all, not a bad stay though.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, National Emer-Exec, SPG-Plat, Ichotels-RoyalAmba/Plat
Talking Great stay and UPGRADED!!

Hello,

A brief post..I stayed here this past week three days(7/7-7/9 n 7/10-7/11) using my points. I was upgraded to a suite, the latter a Superior corner room and the first days to the Royal Ambassador. No questions asked or needed. A welcome gift for our recent marriage in addition to the normal welcome amenities were provided. ALL other benefits were honored and detailed in a welcome letter.

After an issue with an early morning window washing, UNWANTED wakeup call, the manager Edward accommodated us without any push back on my request even during a busy week. I would return and will in the future.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Benefits on Ambassador Reward Stay?

I have a reward stay coming up...what if any AMB benefits can I expect?

Thanks.....
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: IHG, Delta
Ambassador / PC Platinum - best booking strat for upgrade?

I'm booking a 6 night stay for Feb, including a weekend, as an Ambassador/PriorityClub Platinum member. What room should I book in order to get upgraded to the room I want?

This question has two parts: what room do you recommend I end up in, and what room should I book in order to have a good chance to get upgraded to that room?

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by Smorgasbord42; Jan 6, 2014 at 4:38 pm
Old Jan 30, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Smorgasbord42
I'm booking a 6 night stay for Feb, including a weekend, as an Ambassador/PriorityClub Platinum member. What room should I book in order to get upgraded to the room I want?

This question has two parts: what room do you recommend I end up in, and what room should I book in order to have a good chance to get upgraded to that room?

Thanks in Advance
Hey, great question. I stay here very frequently as a Royal Ambassador. They are very generous with upgrades and club lounge access. This is what I recommend: email the hotel and tell them that it's your first stay in Boston and you were really hoping for a nice upgrade to a suite. All of their suites are amazing, but I would ask for an executive suite or a superior suite. I don't think they will say no as long as they have availability. If you want to increase your chances, say it's a special occasion. And being really nice doesn't hurt.

And to answer your second question, I would just book the cheapest available room. Check out the ambassador master thread to see what upgrades other people have received in the past as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.