Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:21 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by nicolas75
i hate hotels which close club lounge on week-ends
Completely agree, so annoying. At least getting it back open is a start
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by PremExecSNA
Great news! Did you receive club access as an Amb/RA? If not, what was the cost for club?
I was there for weekend stays so it was moot. I forgot to ask if I would have had it included if it was a weekday.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by studio253
I stayed here twice in the past two weeks. Once on a free night and another through a great Halloween rate special that they ran. As an Amb we got upgraded to a beautiful harbor view room each time. The fruit plate and candies were excellent.

The club lounge is now open but it is closed on weekends.
Do you mean that it's closed Friday night-Sunday night? Or Saturday morning-Sunday night?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by andrewwm
Do you mean that it's closed Friday night-Sunday night? Or Saturday morning-Sunday night?
On both stays I arrived late on Friday night (after 9pm).
Old Nov 4, 2009, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
I just looked at some upcoming reservations which are midweek. After doing an "edit rate type" function, I don't see any Club IC options. I'll be interested to see how they are assigning/selling club access.

Including the recent changes at the Mark Hopkins SF, there seems to be a return to RA access at clubrooms in IHG.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Including the recent changes at the Mark Hopkins SF, there seems to be a return to RA access at clubrooms in IHG.
Perhaps in the US, but in Asia this doesn't seem to be the norm. IC Bangkok, Singapore and Hanoi have all told me that club access is not complimentary for RAs. One has to book a club room in order to be upgraded to a suite with club access.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by andrewwm
I just checked in to the hotel. The club lounge here is closed "until further notice." There seems to be some confusion as to this as my friend was told this morning it would be $50 dollars to upgrade to club. However, I have confirmed it is, in fact, closed.

RA Experiences report to follow...
Old Jul 28, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
I have an update. We will be there this weekend and I called. There IS a club lounge, it is open. You don't book a club rate...This is something you purchase on arrival. For the Ambassadors it is $40 for 2 people...and the same for Royal Ambassadors. (Surprised here!) I don't know what it is for PC members without Ambassadorship. There is breakfast and a cocktail hour apparently...no private concierge services.
Looking forward to it!
I just checked in to the hotel. The club lounge here is closed "until further notice." There seems to be some confusion as to this as my friend was told this morning it would be $50 dollars to upgrade to club. However, I have confirmed it is, in fact, closed.

RA Experiences report to follow...
Old Jul 28, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: IC Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Shopfranceinc
I have an update. We will be there this weekend and I called. There IS a club lounge, it is open. You don't book a club rate...This is something you purchase on arrival. For the Ambassadors it is $40 for 2 people...and the same for Royal Ambassadors. (Surprised here!) I don't know what it is for PC members without Ambassadorship. There is breakfast and a cocktail hour apparently...no private concierge services.
Looking forward to it!
They are also offering a club rate that is bookable.
Booked for September, and on re-checking rates, a "Club InterContinental Rate" rate showed, which wasn't listed when I originally booked. This rate is currently showing at $20 per night over the Best Flex with breakfast rate.

"RATE DESCRIPTION:
Includes Club InterContinental lounge access with complimentary breakfast and cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres daily. Lounge also provides check out and video libraries."

I amended my booking to this rate, so hopefully they won't offer me an upgrade to "Club" as my RA upgrade...
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:52 am

Thumbs up Excellent Stay at IC Boston August 2010

Rate: Government

I booked a waterfront view room w/ 2 beds since I was sharing the room with a friend at the end of August (Thur & Friday Nights). Prior to arriving, I noted that as an Ambassador, I had been upgraded to a Junior Suite.

After I checked-in and got to my room, I was surprised that I had been upgraded to a waterfront view, 1 bedroom suite, 1 & 1/2 Bathroom, w/ 2 Queen Beds!

Very Happy. I have to assume that since I required 2 seperate beds, the junior suites have only 1 king bed, so they had no choice but to upgrade me to a 1 bedroom suite w/ 2 beds!
Old Oct 25, 2010, 2:21 am

Thumbs up Exellent Stay on Points

We had an excellent stay at the IC Boston on points. They told me that they do honor ALL benefits (AMB and RA) also on award stays, they will make no difference between paid stays and award stays.

We were upgraded to the Presidential Suite on an award stay ^ ^

I will write a full review on the RA experience thread soon.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
IC Boston

I stayed here a few days ago and I must say this is not a very Ambassador friendly property based on my experience. I stayed on a Best Flexible rate, not advance purchase or corporate rate, with an IC club add-on and had my Amb # in the res which I made online at the IC site.

I was greeted and recognized as an Ambassador at check-in and, although I am not familiar with the upgrade policy in this property, I was given a "harbor view" room as opposed to a "city view" room. OK, fine, I guess. But when I asked at check-in what time the Club opened the agent at the desk said "Oh...." tap, tap, tap on his keyboard and made me a new room key (the white one this time) with Club access. The room # didn't change but now he realized I had reserved a Club room. Strike 1.

When I got to the room I noticed there wasn't the usually bowl of fruit and mineral water I have become accustomed to at other IC properties. OK, it will be along soon, I thought. After 3 hours after checking I called the Instant Service folks and explained the situation and was told, yes, you should have had it by now and it will be there shortly. Two hours then past and this time I asked for the Manager on Duty who was "busy". The Concierge called back 10 minutes later and assured me it would be there in minutes. 10 minutes later he arrived with the fruit and water. It was now past 9:30pm. Strike 2.

At check-out my bill had a charge for internet connection. I told the agent that Ambassadors get it free based on my rate. "Oh, no. That's just for Royal Ambassadors.". "No", I insisted, "Read your website":

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...internet-offer

"Well, I'll take it off this time." Clearly letting me know he was doing me a favor. Strike 3.

It is nice property and the rooms are nice but clearly the folks there do not have their act together to the extent I have experienced at other IC's.

Perhaps it was just a bad day in Boston.

Last edited by inlanikai; Dec 4, 2010 at 10:43 am Reason: Correct time.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Sorry to hear your bad experience. I think it is worth to write an email to Ambassador service desk to bring up the issues you mentioned. The staff sound like they are not professional or well-trained at all. You might get some PC points as compensation or special treatment for your next stay.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:55 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Hi Inlanikai,

Just so that you know - the free internet offer only applies to the special "Ambassador Internet" rate that you book, using the links to each individual hotel in the list that your weblink sets out. It's the same in cost as the Best Flex rate, but if you just book the Best Flex then it doesn't include free internet for Ambassadors, so the agent was correct at check-out and he did indeed do you a favour!

Shame about the delay on the fruit and water, but the harbour view room is an upgrade from a city view room, so I think you got what you were entitled to there.

But all in all it doesn't sound to bad to me, really, if it was just the fruit and water that was the only real issue.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Originally Posted by AMDB7
Hi Inlanikai,

Just so that you know - the free internet offer only applies to the special "Ambassador Internet" rate that you book, using the links to each individual hotel in the list that your weblink sets out. It's the same in cost as the Best Flex rate, but if you just book the Best Flex then it doesn't include free internet for Ambassadors, so the agent was correct at check-out and he did indeed do you a favour!
Thank you for the clarification, except I will note two points: I have received free internet as an Ambassador without booking it as you say or without asking for it in another IC and the reason he told me for not being entitled to it was because I was not an RA, not because of how I booked online.

And the other issue was that my Club option in the reservation was not recognized. But, overall, the stay was pleasant and I will most likely stay there again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.