Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2024, 2:22 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
I want to write a quick post about my one night stay at IC London Park Lane as a lowly Platinum (ie nobody ) using an expiring cert topped up with points.

There was a sale for award stay so I spent less than 60k points for one night stay here in early February. It was practically a steal!

I took the tube to get to the IC from LHR. I had to go through one smelly underground pass and walked quite a ways away to get to the hotel due to the hotel sitting at a busy roundabout intersection. But, it worked out.

Upon check-in I was told that I was upgraded to an outside room, and was also given a drink coupon because of my "status" (I didn't use this). I was also offered a "discounted" rate of 28 pounds for breakfast (from 42 pounds), which I accepted.

The low floor room I was "upgraded" to looked like a King Cosy Room, except with a "view" to the Four Seasons across the street. Nonetheless, I thought the room was nice. I would have been happy here even for a longer stay despite the talk about the unfurnished state of the room. The shower curtain didn't bug me. The standard issue Byredo toilettries look the same as ICs stateside.

The location was perfect. I got settled in then walked quickly to the Westminister Abbey to attend their evening song service. I wine and dined alone after the service, chatting with other travelers at various establishments, and wandered around Mayfair, Soho area. I loved how well situated the hotel was. The front desk and lobby staff made the hotel feel very cosy. I can see how a frequent visitor will feel right at home here.

When I got back to the hotel, I was dismayed to see the teabox looked ransacked and not refilled. I called downstairs for some nighttime tea, to which someone picked up and said they would send it immediately. Half an hour later, I called again to follow up on the nighttime tea request, but no one picked up at this time. I ended up falling asleep with lights on waiting for the tea to arrive. (The bed was really comfy and this was at the end of a fun but tiring trip.)

The next morning I went downstairs and did a quick Peleton workout at the gym. I normally prefer a swim but there is no pool at this hotel (understandable given the location and the age of the hotel). I then went to the buffet breakfast. There were lots of option at breakfast but none of them seemed particularly tasty to me. Nonetheless, it did the job. The service was just alright. The coffee was horrendous, the tea was good. The party next to me asked for white sugar 4 different times, and the waiter kept forgetting to bring it to them. I politely offered them my white sugar as I was only using the brown sugar. I guess this was an odd gesture to the local folks (they sounded English to me, so I thought of them as local), as they didn't really acknowledge my offer. Whatever, I went about my merry way.

After breakfast it was time to pack and checkout. They erroneously charged me two for breakfast, which they promptly took off the bill. When they asked me how my stay was I explained that the room and the bed were great, except that I did not get my nighttime tea. The checkout person felt so bad that she offered 10k pts as service recovery. I did appreciate the gesture, but the points never hit my account two weeks later now. Whatever, not a big deal to me.

I hailed a Bolt ride to LHR, it was a very reasonable 45 pounds.

All in all it was a fantastic stay. I would come back again for sure. I can see why this is such an iconic hotel. I really loved it!

tl;dr Fantastic place for one night or one week stay, especially if you are using points.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Why hasn’t the IC refurbished all of its rooms ?

still this odd classic (dated) and modern Mayfair mix
Old Feb 17, 2024, 11:21 pm

Just tried to apply my confirmed suite upgrade cert to a 4 night stay in 2 weeks. The best they would give me was a Mayfair king premium (from a king cosy points booking), even though there are 5+ suites available on the site. Very disappointed that my CSU can’t even be used on the lowest level of suite when several are available. Hyatt was much better with CSUs.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 2:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by tvsfrank
Just tried to apply my confirmed suite upgrade cert to a 4 night stay in 2 weeks. The best they would give me was a Mayfair king premium (from a king cosy points booking), even though there are 5+ suites available on the site. Very disappointed that my CSU can’t even be used on the lowest level of suite when several are available. Hyatt was much better with CSUs.
a king premium really isn’t much of an upgrade either. Better paying the £ supplement to upgrade to a Mayfair room than waste a valuable voucher.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 10:25 am

Mayfair Classic or Mayfair Premium

Hello all,

I have combed through these amazing posts and appreciate all the information! I am traveling to London in May with my 21 year old daughter. She hasn't been to London since she was 4 and remembers next to nothing, of course.

I have a reservation at the IC Park Lane for 9 nights. I am currently a Diamond Ambassador. I reached out to the hotel to ask about a paid upgrade to Mayfair rooms and they have offered me either a Classic (£100 per night) or Premium (£150 per night). Is the extra £50 per night worth it for the Premium room?

I'm also contemplating taking the tube from LHR to Hyde Park Corner just for the experience but am concerned about getting from the tube station to the door of the hotel. It looks a little confusing from Google maps.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:57 am
KPR

Originally Posted by jentut
Hello all,

I have combed through these amazing posts and appreciate all the information! I am traveling to London in May with my 21 year old daughter. She hasn't been to London since she was 4 and remembers next to nothing, of course.

I have a reservation at the IC Park Lane for 9 nights. I am currently a Diamond Ambassador. I reached out to the hotel to ask about a paid upgrade to Mayfair rooms and they have offered me either a Classic (£100 per night) or Premium (£150 per night). Is the extra £50 per night worth it for the Premium room?

I'm also contemplating taking the tube from LHR to Hyde Park Corner just for the experience but am concerned about getting from the tube station to the door of the hotel. It looks a little confusing from Google maps.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

You should travel to underground station Knightsbridge, from there you can take first a short walk straight right to Harrods or go straight left over an underground path before you go direction Buckingham to park lane and the ICC. It’s around 400m to walk and you will see the other great hotels on the way like the Mandarin Oriental, ParkTower and the Wellesley. Or the station green park over the park and Hardrockcafe to ICC Parklane :-)
jentut likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by jentut
I often take the tube, cheap, easy to get a seat at LHR and I usually only have a small carry-on. Takes about the same time as a car. Hyde Park is the correct tube stop. It's about a 5 min walk to the hotel, most of it underground. Just take follow the signs for the Hyde Park subway exit. You'll pop up in a little park opposite the hotel and immediately go back underground to cross Piccadilly. You'll exit just in front of the hotel - the main entrance is around to the right.
Markie, Modo and jentut like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:42 am

Agree, it's very easy on the tube to Hyde Park, you will see the hotel across the road when you exit the tube station, then go back under the subway to cross the road. Apsley House, near where you emerge, is well worth a visit if you like history and art. Also some of the changing of the guard ceremony is supposed to go past the nearby Wellington Arch, though on our last two visits there was no sign of them so I don't know how reliable the timetable actually is!
jentut likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.