Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Frankfurt Master Thread [closed] - after January 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Based on the rather dated reviews it sounds like I am better off at the Marriott as the price is the same. As MR Gold I get free breakfast, and it sounds like I can't expect much here as IC Plat. Too bad as I think location would be more convenient.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Based on the rather dated reviews it sounds like I am better off at the Marriott as the price is the same. As MR Gold I get free breakfast, and it sounds like I can't expect much here as IC Plat. Too bad as I think location would be more convenient.
I share your sentiments. My new choice is the Frankfurt City Hilton, where as a HH Gold breakfast is
complimentary and the executive lounge usually comes with the upgrade. Sadly, IC Plat AMB does not
get you anything anymore at the Frankfurt property.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Check out the new HI Frankfurt Alte Oper: Brand new property, conveniently located (close to central station and city center) and nice rooms. Spire typically gets you a room with a terrace, which is very nice in summer. As Platinum you may receive the same, just ask for it.

Otherwise the HIX Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof is a good choice, the best HIX I remember (converted office building, thus much larger rooms than the traditional European HIX shoe boxes).

Funny enough rates at all three properties (incl. IC) are often similar; using points the HI Alte Oper typically offers best value.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by sultanbinaber
Check out the new HI Frankfurt Alte Oper: Brand new property, conveniently located (close to central station and city center) and nice rooms. Spire typically gets you a room with a terrace, which is very nice in summer. As Platinum you may receive the same, just ask for it.

Otherwise the HIX Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof is a good choice, the best HIX I remember (converted office building, thus much larger rooms than the traditional European HIX shoe boxes).

Funny enough rates at all three properties (incl. IC) are often similar; using points the HI Alte Oper typically offers best value.
I agree with the new HI Alte Oper. This is a great property. Being a Royal Ambassador I would - similar rates - however still prefer the old IC
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I agree with the new HI Alte Oper. This is a great property. Being a Royal Ambassador I would - similar rates - however still prefer the old IC
Between the HIX Hbhf, HI Alte Oper and IC I find the latter consistently lowest priced. Heck, the other
day I looked and the HIX was over 350 Euros a night.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
In checking this thread guess that makes sense if the HI have nicer rooms and breakfasts... I just booked IC as it was the cheapest of the lot. But double thinking if I'd rather have a newer room for a five night stay.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only HI that is acceptable to me is the new one named after the opera. The others are subpar even compared to the tired IC. If you hold RA status the IC still is a no brainer. hI breakfast certainly is by far under IC standard
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:43 am

This is the confirmed upgrade grid for 2018 (amb / royal):

Standard ( to Superior / to Deluxe)

Superior (to Superior river view / to Club Studio)

Superior mit Mainblick (to Deluxe / to Club Studio)

Deluxe ( to Panoramic Suite / to Panoramic Suite including Club Lounge)

Panoramic Suite (no upgrade / to Club Suite)

Club Studio (to Club Suite / to Club Suite)

Club Suite (no upgrade / no upgrade)
aakaa and marcel.baden like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 2:43 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Platinum Ambassador here - checked in for one night coming from AMS and heading early tomorrow to DFW. The treatment is not great but it's not bad either!

- The upgrade wasn't much to 8th floor room (18 storey building) with a nice view. They having some kind of convention (textile industry?) in town and they are quasi-full capacity.
- Bottled water is nice
- ate out tonight and departing tomorrow at 6:30 AM. So won't use the $20 credit to offset the 35 Euro breakfast buffet.
- No need for late checkout - see above!

Old May 15, 2019, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
It was a bit iffy after the guest relations supremo moved on to a new role. The new guy/team turned to rule based decisions to handle guests and upgrades - I was hoping it had moved on from that.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Are they EVER going to renovated this hotel?
Old May 16, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by christianj
Are they EVER going to renovated this hotel?

They FINALLY got rid of the cathode ray tube TVs some yeas back. You want MORE
Kalboz and cazane like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
They FINALLY got rid of the cathode ray tube TVs some yeas back. You want MORE
in particular more for that price. Booked a weekend in June for 92 EUR per night.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It was a bit iffy after the guest relations supremo moved on to a new role. The new guy/team turned to rule based decisions to handle guests and upgrades - I was hoping it had moved on from that.
King Alex? I never thought I would miss him. The new lady appears to have a difficult standing. Reception and concierge staff come with regular nasty comments. And for sure: Until today she never dared to say even hello to me (as a customer with 50 or so nights a year).
Old May 16, 2019, 5:48 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
King Alex? I never thought I would miss him. The new lady appears to have a difficult standing. Reception and concierge staff come with regular nasty comments. And for sure: Until today she never dared to say even hello to me (as a customer with 50 or so nights a year).
I'm all for employee rights and all, but what I don't understand is why these people who are unhappy with their jobs and not delighted about guests are working in hospitality sector!! After all hotels are consumer/guest contact intensive sector and hospitality is not only part of the nomer but also the nature of the business!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.