Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 5:58 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Originally Posted by aks120
Hi guys

It is about a 35 min taxi drive from the airport and costs about $250HKD to get there.

Regards AKS120
What a great stay you had I am envious.
I expect welfare squatter treatment as one of those shabby RAs useing points
Can one get that rate of $250 HKD leaving from the front entrance of the hotel back to the airport?
Seems very reasonable to me.
Does anyone have the hotels email address?
Would like to pay for club access.Does anyone know the operating hours of the club.
PC Ambassador reservations say they have no information on the hotel and to call the hotel

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to this post could be found in the archive thread of this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...01-2010-a.html

Thank you
FLYGVA

Last edited by FLYGVA; Nov 10, 2012 at 12:30 pm
Old Feb 6, 2010, 8:00 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
What a great stay you had I am envious.
I expect welfare squatter treatment as one of those shabby RAs useing points
Can one get that rate of $250 HKD leaving from the front entrance of the hotel back to the airport?
Seems very reasonable to me.
Does anyone have the hotels email address?
Would like to pay for club access.Does anyone know the operating hours of the club.
PC Ambassador reservations say they have no information on the hotel and to call the hotel
Indeed $250 HKD sounds really good for a transport from the airport.

Here's the info that was in the signature of one of the emails I received from guest relations.

INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG
18 Salisbury Road
Kowloon, Hong Kong

Hotel Tel: + 852 2721 1211
Hotel Fax: + 852 2739 4546
E-mail: [email protected]
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Comet21
Indeed $250 HKD sounds really good for a transport from the airport.

Here's the info that was in the signature of one of the emails I received from guest relations.

INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG
18 Salisbury Road
Kowloon, Hong Kong

Hotel Tel: + 852 2721 1211
Hotel Fax: + 852 2739 4546
E-mail: [email protected]
Thanks for the post is a taxi typically more?
Old Feb 7, 2010, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

What to do

Hi all
Probably a no brainer for the short time I am there
I need some FT experts to help me make the final decision
Here are the choices for a one night layover I will be arriving at the HK airport at 6:00 PM

• Marriott Skyway Hotelb (very well rated/new)
Near to the airport where my flight takes off at 10:30 AM the next day
Total cost including taxes and executive club access 225.00 US dollars /Free airport shuttle/Earn MR points on stay
Skip access club lounge save approx 70 dollars

• InterContinental Hong Kong Kowloon
Award Stay arrive 8 PM?
Club access single or double occupancy 130 US dollars (why it isn’t less for one baffles me)
Round trip transportation costs to and from leave hotel 7:30 AM on return

• Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
Award Stay arrive approx 8 PM?
Free club access/free wireless
Round trip transportation costs to and from leave hotel 7:30 AM on return

Would the experience at either the IC or Hyatt be worth the added costs?
Thanks for the feedback
Old Feb 7, 2010, 10:34 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Why do you need club access for a 8pm arrival/7am departure? Seems like a waste. IC HK's main selling point (the view) doesn't apply to award stays (as there is a 95% chance that they'll give you a room with no view). I'd go with the Hyatt (good value on FFN or points).
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:00 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Hi all
Probably a no brainer for the short time I am there
I need some FT experts to help me make the final decision
Here are the choices for a one night layover I will be arriving at the HK airport at 6:00 PM
Marriott or
Novotel Citygate http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...te/index.shtml Next to airport express, with a big mall = food options and evening entertainment.
Doesn't make any sense to go to town, in my opinion, and even less to go to hong kong island.
Why club access for 8 pm arrival and 7.30 am departure?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jpdx
Why do you need club access for a 8pm arrival/7am departure? Seems like a waste. IC HK's main selling point (the view) doesn't apply to award stays (as there is a 95% chance that they'll give you a room with no view). I'd go with the Hyatt (good value on FFN or points).
Thanks that makes a lot of sense if the main deal is the view
Ok the IC is out now its down to the Marriott or the Hyatt
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Marriott or
Novotel Citygate http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...te/index.shtml Next to airport express, with a big mall = food options and evening entertainment.
Doesn't make any sense to go to town, in my opinion, and even less to go to hong kong island.
Why club access for 8 pm arrival and 7.30 am departure?
Thanks for making me realize its probably not the best option.I suppose the free nights were calling me at the IC and the Hyatt
Its nice to have complimentary beverages wifi in the lounge and breakfast when you are
rushing out to the airport in the AM and don't want to wait.
Perhaps it is best to grab some beverages outside the lounge and take breakfast downstairs in the AM
I did the Novotel the last time.Like it a lot.
However the Marriott looks great too and at least I would get a few points thrown my way
Grand Hyatt too is the one other possible consideration

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 8, 2010 at 12:59 am
Old Feb 8, 2010, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I need some FT experts to help me make the final decision Here are the choices for a one night layover I will be arriving at the HK airport at 6:00 PM

Would the experience at either the IC or Hyatt be worth the added costs?
Thanks for the feedback
The experience at these hotels would not be worth the effort. I would stay at an airport hotel and enjoy one of airport lounges assuming you have access. However, if you want to party all night in Hong Kong, then perhaps it would be worth the effort to go into the city.

However I would probably recommend a completely different hotel. Check out the Langham Place and book a Club room. It is a party scene in itself and the neighborhood is extremely vibrant. And it is a shorter taxi ride to the airport. The GH would be the longest ride.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by stimpy
The experience at these hotels would not be worth the effort. I would stay at an airport hotel and enjoy one of airport lounges assuming you have access. However, if you want to party all night in Hong Kong, then perhaps it would be worth the effort to go into the city.

However I would probably recommend a completely different hotel. Check out the Langham Place and book a Club room. It is a party scene in itself and the neighborhood is extremely vibrant. And it is a shorter taxi ride to the airport. The GH would be the longest ride.
Would that be the Langham next to Aqua? I had a really good meal there this weekend, and the view from the Bar is amazing!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
Would that be the Langham next to Aqua? I had a really good meal there this weekend, and the view from the Bar is amazing!
No, I think that is the old Langham. I have never stayed there so I don't know if it is good or not. I was referring to the new hotel in the huge Langham Place mall in Mong Kok.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy

Thanks for the wake up call it was very helpful to know that GH is yet further from the airport
I will have more then a few long party time weeks in Sydney Melbourne and Auckland and in such a short time I have decided to play safe and overnight at the airport on my way to Tokyo and the Grand Hyatt next day.

The reasons I won't go to the IC is based on futher research here and elsewhere

Select Dated rooms that smell
Poor Royal Ambassador treatment on reward bookings
Overcharging on lounge access if one person

Personal Reasons: not worried about a view on a layover
Round trip transporation costs would need to make it a not to miss experience
This will be my first Marriott stay in years
Old Feb 15, 2010, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
When are you actually upgraded?

I'm completely new at this so please be kind!

I joined the AMB club a few months ago and last night made an online booking for a Superior Contemporary Harbour View room at the end of this month. In hindsight, I think I should have booked a deluxe room so I could use the voucher to upgrade to a Junior Suite.

I called Intercontinental reservations this morning to see if I could pay the extra for a Deluxe room and was told that "you've already been upgraded to a Deluxe because of your status" (I have no other status with IHG).

Does this mean that I don't have to use the voucher if I'm happy with the deluxe room (I realise I won't get the BOGOF) and, if I do use the voucher, will that now put me in a junior suite?

EDIT: I've now received an additional reservation confirmation e-mail showing that my room is a Deluxe at the same rate I selected for the Superior room. I'm confused!

Last edited by Blueboys999; Feb 15, 2010 at 2:21 am
Old Feb 15, 2010, 5:27 am

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
I'd just email the hotel reservations to ask which room you'll need to book in order to get the junior suite. The ambassador program guarantees you a 1 level upgrade usually at check-in, but you can contact the hotel directly to find out what to expect.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 5:38 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I'm completely new at this so please be kind!

I joined the AMB club a few months ago and last night made an online booking for a Superior Contemporary Harbour View room at the end of this month. In hindsight, I think I should have booked a deluxe room so I could use the voucher to upgrade to a Junior Suite.

I called Intercontinental reservations this morning to see if I could pay the extra for a Deluxe room and was told that "you've already been upgraded to a Deluxe because of your status" (I have no other status with IHG).

Does this mean that I don't have to use the voucher if I'm happy with the deluxe room (I realise I won't get the BOGOF) and, if I do use the voucher, will that now put me in a junior suite?

EDIT: I've now received an additional reservation confirmation e-mail showing that my room is a Deluxe at the same rate I selected for the Superior room. I'm confused!
May I ask what voucher you are talking about?

You can use the BOGO (so far) for all bookings (on weekends) except suite bookings. When you book a "room" and get upgraded to a suite, you can still use the BOGO.

Your Ambassador status will always give you a 1-level upgrade. In HKGs case, from superior to deluxe harbour view, or deluxe harbour view to (partial) harbour view junior suite, respectively.

I would stick to your original booking in your case. - Just my opinion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.