Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flymonthly
It's less than a 10 minute walk, but depending on the weather and how much luggage you have, may not be very pleasant. If you do walk, I'd recommend going underground through the MTR station. I think you would enter at the L1 exit and come up at the exit (J?) for the Intercontinental. There is a/c in the station walkways which makes it more pleasant than the normal 75-85+% humidity above ground.
With 1night IC-GS followed by IC-HK 2nights, I was going to walk, but in end got taxi this morning for my swap, less than Ł4 (less than hk$40)

I recommend if on AE and want IC-HK either taxi direct from AE station or free shuttle to IC-GS then 5minute hk$40 taxi onwards to IC-HK
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:29 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jsnearline
Is the closure of the Avenue of Stars having any impact on the views from the hotel so far?
I am in Exec Suite 316 3rd Floor right now, probably 1 room to left of center of AoS looking out into the harbour at 14:00 local time Wednesday 25/11/2016

Not impacting my view of harbour at all, obviously closed to pedestrians for the immediate future, something like 3 years.

However all the statues etc already removed, but no work currently visable or ongoing and not seeing any workers on the walkway either.

View from room 316 3x pics looking out to Right, Centre and left

Last edited by scubaccr; Nov 24, 2015 at 11:42 pm
Old Nov 25, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by flymonthly
It's less than a 10 minute walk, but depending on the weather and how much luggage you have, may not be very pleasant.
Originally Posted by scubaccr
I recommend if on AE and want IC-HK either taxi direct from AE station or free shuttle to IC-GS then 5minute hk$40 taxi onwards to IC-HK
Thanks to both your recommendations. We were particularly interested in AE partially due to the cost savings, but mostly due to the time savings. Our flight is early afternoon, so we might be caught in the lunch rush in traffic if we took a taxi or car.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Hey all - have a 3 night stay coming up in Hong Kong. I also have a 1 free night cert which is available for one of the 3 nights I'm in HK (would give me a $650 redemption value for the base room). However the other two nights only Junior Suite left with cash rates over $800 per night (pricing this out of my modest budget). So question is... if you were me... would you stay Hong Kong side for 2 nights, then switch hotels to IC for final night? I'm just IHG plat. Not sure what benefits I'd receive - and assume I may not even get a view room. What would you suggest?
As an IHG Plat I suggest the CP at Causeway Bay - nice hotel with excellent treatment of top status holders. I much prefer staying on the island but the HKIC is excellent if you're an RA. If you intend staying at the IC it would worth purchasing Ambassador membership.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Thanks to both your recommendations. We were particularly interested in AE partially due to the cost savings, but mostly due to the time savings. Our flight is early afternoon, so we might be caught in the lunch rush in traffic if we took a taxi or car.
If there is more than one of you a taxi will typically match the AX price. I have to say I have never had traffic issues at any time I have arrived or departed including the lunchtime period but I haven't ever really arrived or departed at the most peak evening time.

The AX makes most sense for me if staying either in Central to avoid the tunnel and related traffic on the island or if staying at the W or RC above the Kowloon AX station.

Otherwise I just find it much more convenient to take a car and if there are 2 or 3 people even the hotel cars aren't a terrible deal. YMMV.

As for location you trade off a little bit of convenience being in Kowloon against much better views and airport access by car. It isn't like being south of the river in London though or say in Brooklyn or Hoboken if visiting NYC. Kowloon (and particularly the IC) is very well connected by public transport and not too bad by taxi. I prefer the Kowloon location on balance but everyone has their own view of where they like to stay in HKG and other big cities (e.g. Riverside versus Sukumvit in BKK, uptown vs midtown versus downtown and aligned locations in NYC, west end versus park lane in London etc.).

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Nov 25, 2015 at 8:44 am
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Upcoming point stay of 6 nights.

I just read the last 20 or so pages of this thread and I've still got a question. My point stay in the ICHK is from the 13th to the 19th of Jan. I'm just gold. Would buying the Amb status now get me any upgrade benefits? I know now after reading that Club privileges are probably not forthcoming.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
As an IHG Plat I suggest the CP at Causeway Bay - nice hotel with excellent treatment of top status holders. I much prefer staying on the island but the HKIC is excellent if you're an RA. If you intend staying at the IC it would worth purchasing Ambassador membership.
CP Causeway Bay will only do an upgraded race course view room, no pre-arranged check in document package thus long check in time, no pre-arranged room welcome fruit plate (and forgotten on date of arrival despite mentioning during check in, delivered upon reminder late in the evening, with an old orange starting to mold, one side flat), no breakfast, no other recognition of IHG Platinum Elite. Unless you take taxi or not mind being sweaty from walking in HK's Nov weather, this is not a good location.

Other issues include old analog TV program feed to a 720p tv, inattentive / non-existing doorman, soiled "small things make a big difference" card in bathroom, very slow charging USB port. Small things indeed make a big difference.

Last edited by t_cliff; Nov 25, 2015 at 1:37 pm
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by t_cliff
CP Causeway Bay will only do an upgraded race course view room, no pre-arranged check in document package thus long check in time, no pre-arranged room welcome fruit plate (and forgotten on date of arrival despite mentioning during check in, delivered upon reminder late in the evening, with an old orange starting to mold, one side flat), no breakfast, no other recognition of IHG Platinum Elite. Unless you take taxi or not mind being sweaty from walking in HK's Nov weather, this is not a good location.

Other issues include old analog TV program feed to a 720p tv, inattentive / non-existing doorman, soiled "small things make a big difference" card in bathroom, very slow charging USB port. Small things indeed make a big difference.
To the contrary, quitecontrary is correct about the CP Causeway Bay. The hotel gives IHG Plat members free breakfast for 2, lounge access on the 28th floor and if available, a room with a view, even on reward night stays.

I also agree with quitecontrary on purchasing Ambassador status if staying at the IC as Ambassador status guarantees a one-category room upgrade on paid stays.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
To the contrary, quitecontrary is correct about the CP Causeway Bay. The hotel gives IHG Plat members free breakfast for 2, lounge access on the 28th floor and if available, a room with a view, even on reward night stays.

I also agree with quitecontrary on purchasing Ambassador status if staying at the IC as Ambassador status guarantees a one-category room upgrade on paid stays.
This may be the case for you, but not me. So it appears to be a YMMV thing. My stay last weekend using reward nights as IHG Platinum (not IC RA) did not include free breakfast. The loyalty manager called me after checked in and steadfastly refused on the free breakfast. So, not a consistent status recognition if others have this.

Paid stay may be different, but I am not going to find this out myself going forward given the issues above.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by eyuro
I just read the last 20 or so pages of this thread and I've still got a question. My point stay in the ICHK is from the 13th to the 19th of Jan. I'm just gold. Would buying the Amb status now get me any upgrade benefits? I know now after reading that Club privileges are probably not forthcoming.
Just gold will not receive upgrade.
If you are expecting upgrade, you should buy Amb status.
In principle, ICHK don't offer upgrade to just gold.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Raynyan
Just gold will not receive upgrade.
If you are expecting upgrade, you should buy Amb status.
In principle, ICHK don't offer upgrade to just gold.
Thanks! I didn't think I would get it with just Gold status. My question was with the purchase of Amb, would I have a chance?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by eyuro
Thanks! I didn't think I would get it with just Gold status. My question was with the purchase of Amb, would I have a chance?
Sure!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:49 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
I got 50000 points accumulated through here and there and now have a date in 2016 where I will be in HK for a night. I would like to redeem it as a free night but the hotel is sold out (black out, presumably) on my date. What's the best way to go about getting the inventory freed up?

The date I'm looking for is Oct 1, 2016, which happens to be the national day and I completely overlooked that before ticketing my flight that has a long overnight in HK that day.

Also, given that I have no status with IHG, will the redemption really be worth it? Do all rooms come with the view facing HK island / fireworks?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by jix
The date I'm looking for is Oct 1, 2016, which happens to be the national day and I completely overlooked that before ticketing my flight that has a long overnight in HK that day.

Also, given that I have no status with IHG, will the redemption really be worth it? Do all rooms come with the view facing HK island / fireworks?
Both the national day and CNY fireworks day are blackout days. And Reward Night redemption will not be received harbour view room. If you really want to stay and see fireworks in those day, you should choose paid stay with the harbour view room.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Anyone have any experience getting a Reward Night stay upgraded as Plat (non Amb) to harbour view or club (wishful thinking)? Would consider getting Amb but heard that even for award nights, it is not guaranteed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.