FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Will Priority Club points expire (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/554249-will-priority-club-points-expire.html)

globalFF May 2, 2006 9:22 pm

Will Priority Club points expire

Will priority club points expire after 1 year of inactivity?

tmartazu May 2, 2006 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by globalFF
Will priority club points expire after 1 year of inactivity?

From this link:

MEMBER BENEFITS
Priority ClubŪ Rewards is all about rewarding travel. Take a look at what's in it for you

Club Member Benefits

Redeem points instantly for hotel stays
No blackout dates for Reward Nights
Purchase points or transfer them between member accounts
Points never expire
3,600 locations to earn and redeem
Fastest way to Elite status
Custom rewards with the Personal Shopper program
Collect points or airline miles
Online personal account access
Exclusive offers sent via email communications
Complimentary weekday newspaper
Extended check-out

trips2win Sep 21, 2006 9:11 am

Found this old post via search...does anyone know if they don't really expire?

I got a direct mail piece saying I had 10,000 points (I know it is not much, but don't want to lose for nothing) that were going to expire in Oct. and I needed to pick magazine subs before I lost them. My travel until then is booked at other hotels so if they are going to expire is there any quick way to prevent it. I've spent a few minutes in the sticky but a few things seemed relevant but expired. Thanks.

perthite Sep 21, 2006 9:27 am

I don't understand why they would be expiring. To my knowledge the account is deemed inactive after one year, but that should not cause the points to expire. I'd call PC to clarify.

trips2win Sep 21, 2006 9:41 am

Originally Posted by perthite
I don't understand why they would be expiring. To my knowledge the account is deemed inactive after one year, but that should not cause the points to expire. I'd call PC to clarify.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Sorry, I read too fast "Urgent Act Now", led me to believe they were expiring but the offer is what expires in Oct.

Apologies for posting too quick.

DoubleJ Sep 21, 2006 9:43 am

From a purely academic standpoint (as I think few in this forum would at present be in any danger), I'd still be interested to know if points can actually expire. Would PC be willing to keep on record an unused account after 5 years? 10 years?

trips2win Sep 21, 2006 10:38 am

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
From a purely academic standpoint (as I think few in this forum would at present be in any danger), I'd still be interested to know if points can actually expire. Would PC be willing to keep on record an unused account after 5 years? 10 years?

I'm pretty sure I haven't earned any since 2000 and have not redeemed since 2002 (maybe 2003). Probably why I was targeted with the "Unused Points" (not expiring) mailing. I'll call later so I can get a new pin and will ask your question.

jabez Oct 5, 2006 5:06 am

I'm sitting on 25,000 and I haven't stayed at a Priority property in at least 5 years.They also still have me listed as a gold.Their website clearly says that points never expire. What more do you need? ;)

Shareholder Oct 5, 2006 6:58 am

Points may never expire, but accounts can be revoked for a variety of reasons set out in clause 4 of the T&Cs. None of those identified include account inactivity, most all relate to fraud or other such activity (failure to pay hotel bill). There is also a category of "active member" defined as someone having account activity within the past 12-months (of any change being proposed to T&Cs). Check out clauses 4, 5 and 6 for details.

Curiously, the T&Cs also say PC points have no cash value. I don't know if this is so these don't show up on the ICH books as a liability. Most FF program miles are logged as a liability on airline corporate books because at some point they represent seats that must be accounted for.

In any case, I don't understand why you don't just contact PC to determine the status of your account?

CPMaverick Dec 20, 2006 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by jabez (Post 6486126)
I'm sitting on 25,000 and I haven't stayed at a Priority property in at least 5 years.They also still have me listed as a gold.Their website clearly says that points never expire. What more do you need? ;)

Thanks for the info, as I was worried about my points expiring as well. At least I know they are good for 5+ years.

They may say the points 'never expire', but other programs use that terminology as well, but it requires some kind of activity to keep them from expiring (they have no 'expiration date', but the account does).