FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   On Line Booking Bonus - 2nd lot posted (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/504307-line-booking-bonus-2nd-lot-posted.html)

Radioman Dec 15, 2005 6:04 pm

On Line Booking Bonus - 2nd lot posted

Hi
Well thats the 2nd lot of On-Line booking bonuses posted tonight. So I would say at least another two more lots to go.

Not bad at all. Just keeping and eye on the multiple stays where I booked each night seperatly.

regards

jerabek Dec 16, 2005 5:11 am

and the 3rd lot posted today (12/16/05)......

LILJ Dec 16, 2005 5:13 am

Originally Posted by jerabek

I had some more online bonus post lastnight.

PSUhorty Dec 16, 2005 7:49 am

By looking at your account on-line, does anyone know if there is a way to find out if you booked the reservation on-line?

I haven't had any 1,000 pt bonuses post in some time and I'm sure some of them were booked on-line, but not sure which.

carbonaddict Dec 16, 2005 12:34 pm

could you indicate the days of your stays and the day they posted? this is very useful to track whether other stays are posting. thanks.

Radioman Dec 16, 2005 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by jerabek

Hi
After reading your post I checked and sure enough my 3rd lot had posted. So not bad at all. Made an extra 16k out of these on-line bookings bonus. Just shows you that its worth making seperate bookings for each night.

I still have a couple more to post. I was looking forward to a couple of nights in London next week but its been cancelled. Ah well.

This has been a very good promo for points earning. Looking forward to its return.

regards

Radioman Dec 16, 2005 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by carbonaddict
could you indicate the days of your stays and the day they posted? this is very useful to track whether other stays are posting. thanks.

Hi
I would say that all my stays up til the 16th November have posted.

regards

YetAnotherFrequentFlyer Dec 19, 2005 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Radioman
Hi
After reading your post I checked and sure enough my 3rd lot had posted. So not bad at all. Made an extra 16k out of these on-line bookings bonus. Just shows you that its worth making seperate bookings for each night.

When you book each night separately, do you do anything special when you check in or out? Do you have to check out each morning and back in each evening, or simply check in once and let the computers sort it out?

smartassmurf Dec 19, 2005 12:20 pm

I have a question too, have they ever questioned you on this or combined your reservations into one?

Originally Posted by YetAnotherFrequentFlyer
When you book each night separately, do you do anything special when you check in or out? Do you have to check out each morning and back in each evening, or simply check in once and let the computers sort it out?

Radioman Dec 19, 2005 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by YetAnotherFrequentFlyer

Hi
I will answer this and also the one from smart.

The only thing that I do when I check in is make the hotel aware that I have made seperate reservations. I dont have to check out each morning unless I am in a differant type of room and I have to move for this reason only (only happend once).

The staff are usually very good and as I said before the worst thing that happens is that the key for the room is only valid for one day. I usally just check this when I return to the hotel that evening.

As for anyone questioning me about this, the only thing that I have had is people just making sure that I am booked in for the extra days. They will combine the bill, but I always get the points.

Another thing that you can get is some really good prices. For instance I have booked a hotels on a Friday for the next week and been given a rate of £69 per night for the week.

When I do the same booking but split it into seperate nights I can then use the 3 day advance purchase and this can result in a £10 saving per night. I use this for stays where I know that I am not changing hotel and especially when I am booking at short notice.

Also have noticed that sometimes you can book at say a £69 per night rate but again if booking seperate you may get the same room for £65 on other nights.

I always say check the individual nights prices and use the 3 day advance purchase (this is good if you want to stay at a higher grade hotel if you have a travel budget).

Anyway thats about it. Hope it helps you out.

regards