Wiki Posts
Search

Major Club changes at Le Grand Paris

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2005, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Major Club changes at Le Grand Paris

HEllo all! I'm just back from another lovely stay here, but wanted to give you a heads up on some changes.

The club level is fabulous as we all know and you will be very pampered. However, they have changed the staffing here. The changes took effect last week and they are still working the bugs out.
They no longer will have "concierge" staff at the desk upstairs. Those employees have all been transferred down to a small desk off to the right side of the lobby. They are now under a new department called "Guest Relations." The major change is that you no longer check in up at the club and there is no one there to assist you with "stuff." You immediately go to the Guest relations desk for checkin (along with all the other ambassadors--not just guests on the club level)

It's a bit confusing for checkout. They're still working out the kinks. My call for luggage hit a snafu. It was a bit awkward to call down to the guest relations desk (which can be staffed by 3 people at a time!)

I'm told the front desk portion of the club will be reconfigured or refurnished to get rid of the desk and the computers.
The staff at the club will be "wait staff" to help with food and drinks. It's not clear how they will screen upstairs who has access to the club. I guess the wait staff will simply ask for a room number..not sure.
Having said all this, I find this team to be top notch, very accomodating,very professional and hard working!
Old Dec 10, 2005, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Shopfranceinc
HEllo all! I'm just back from another lovely stay here, but wanted to give you a heads up on some changes.
This is not good news. I really liked the tranquil check in up in the club. Now we'll have to fight it out with the others downstairs.

Plus the staff there did soooooo much more than just check us in.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 2:14 am

Programs: AF Flying Blue Platinum, IC Platinum Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
This is not good news. I really liked the tranquil check in up in the club. Now we'll have to fight it out with the others downstairs.
There's no need to fight. You can check in at one of the two Guest Relations / Priority Club desks on the right hand side in the lobby as you enter... while the populace waits in line at the Reception. I stayed there last weekend and the guy who checked me in and walked me to my junior suite (3126, fantastic) informed me that they were planning to put the desks in a completely separate area accessible only by using one's (presumably Priority Club) card.

The staff in the lounge was even more helpful than during my previous stays. Nathalie, who works the afternoon and evening shift, is the most outstanding one... generous with champagne, even after the 8 o'clock theoretical limit. She was happy to make reservations at the Café de la Paix and to take care of several other requests.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Whizzer. I'll wait til my next stay to try it out before I bash it.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
I second stimpy in thanking whizzer for his extremely valuable post. I too was worried that the club remodeling would result in a significantly lower level of service; it seems that the opposite will be true by the time I get there next summer. I always look forward to Paris!!
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I checked in recently and there was no one at the Guest Relations desk. However there was no queue at reception and I didn't get a Club upgrade anyway.

Interestingly, the desk clerk (who was a trainee) said "wow, we don't see many RA's here, maybe one or two per day".
Old Dec 20, 2005, 10:04 am

I'm sorry to hear about the changes. The staff there last December was absolutely wonderful and added much to our great experience. I'll cross my fingers that it is for the best.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
...Interestingly, the desk clerk (who was a trainee) said "wow, we don't see many RA's here, maybe one or two per day".
And if it were not for FT they would see a lot less...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.