Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Does the hotel offer club room for Ambassador Weekend certificate bookings?
They offer rooms including club access
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Does the hotel offer club room for Ambassador Weekend certificate bookings?
Yes just booked 2 nights Club Heritage on Ambassador weekend certificate
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: US CP
I booked a premier king room which was right below the club room categories. As a plat ambassador I figured I would either be upgraded to a club room or the lowest suite. At check in I was given the premier king room. I asked about the upgrade and they told me I had been upgraded to the "business" version of the room that came with breakfast and 2 clothing items to be cleaned each day. Kinda feel like the short end of the stick here esp since I'm paying over a hundred extra a night over the base rooms.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Heels05
I booked a premier king room which was right below the club room categories. As a plat ambassador I figured I would either be upgraded to a club room or the lowest suite. At check in I was given the premier king room. I asked about the upgrade and they told me I had been upgraded to the "business" version of the room that came with breakfast and 2 clothing items to be cleaned each day. Kinda feel like the short end of the stick here esp since I'm paying over a hundred extra a night over the base rooms.
I have always thought that it is not in an Ambassadors (non-RA) interest to book 1cat below a clubroom.

Result is often either upgrade to very similar clubroom w/o lounge benefits or some unwanted makeup.

Then you have some hotels, eg IC Bangkok, where first three cats are identical rooms, apart from associated soft benefits, so booking an IC Grande Exec by an Ambassador is kinda pointless.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:26 pm

IC Singapore used to provide Club access if you booked one category below Club, but the new policy must be part of a broader change across the network.

Standardisation never goes upwards, only downwards...
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:28 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I guess I didn't quite get the takeaway from the discussion on the last few pages. I just completed a brief overnight stay here, and the room categories listed a few pages ago are no longer correct. The lowest room category now is Heritage Room. I find this immensely ironic because there must've been a dozen+ times when I arrived here and they tried to pawn me off with one of those rooms (which I hate). Anyway, I thought I was being smart when I booked a Heritage Room when deluxe rooms would have cost the same. Not so.

They tried their usual upsell, but since I was only there for 8 hours, I didn't mind staying in whatever room they had for me. I asked what room category I needed to book to get one of those L-shaped rooms (Premier?), and the answer was another room category I'd never heard about before.

Is there anyone in the know who can come up with a definitive list of the current room categories?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by stargold

Standardisation never goes upwards, only downwards...
I sympathise, but standardisation simply means that all hotels agree to adhere to a defined package of benefits. Reports suggested that defining the package and getting the agreement was not a trivial exercise ....

Inevitably some elements of the benefit package previously offered will be withdrawn or enhanced at some hotels, others introduced or augmented at others.

From what you say, it looks as though that's the position Singapore found itself in the second group with regard to club access.

But on the other hand, you can feel happy for RAs, who no longer have the nail-biting agony of not knowing if an IC will give hem club access or not
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by jpdx
I guess I didn't quite get the takeaway from the discussion on the last few pages. I just completed a brief overnight stay here, and the room categories listed a few pages ago are no longer correct. The lowest room category now is Heritage Room. I find this immensely ironic because there must've been a dozen+ times when I arrived here and they tried to pawn me off with one of those rooms (which I hate). Anyway, I thought I was being smart when I booked a Heritage Room when deluxe rooms would have cost the same. Not so.

They tried their usual upsell, but since I was only there for 8 hours, I didn't mind staying in whatever room they had for me. I asked what room category I needed to book to get one of those L-shaped rooms (Premier?), and the answer was another room category I'd never heard about before.

Is there anyone in the know who can come up with a definitive list of the current room categories?
Might not help you much, but I booked a Premier room and was upgraded to a Royal Suite. RA on my 103rd stay so may not be standard treatment.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:16 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Heels05
At least you ended up with breakfast included, probably better than club access, depending on what you like of course. I booked a Heritage room on BOGO for a weekend in January, and my AMB (Spire-AMB) status expires before then. Not sure it's worth, for me, continuing AMB next year as I probably will concentrate on SPG/MR. So, curious as to whether the status will still show due to the booking date or if it drops due to the checkin date.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
This hotel is a special place for me since I sort of like the Peranakan mystique of Singapore / Malaysia ( what's left of it)

The correct room categories ( post renovation circa 2016) are as follows. The mapping from the old categories is correct I believe

Heritage Room (incidentally award nights books into this category)
Deluxe Room
Grand Deluxe Room
Premier King Room
Club Herritage ( identical to Herritage room with Club Benefits)
Club Grand Deluxe ( identical to Grand Deluxe with Club Benefits)
Premier Suite
Herritage Suite ( this would be the old shophouse suite?)
Executive Suite
Royal Suite
Ambassador Suite
Presidential Suite

Theoretically an Ambassador booking a Heritage Room should get a Deluxe ( though in my book the Heritage room is nicer IMO though smaller) . The higher catagory suites are excluded from RA upgrades.
nastar1 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
I've noticed this property allows Chase reward night bookings for both the Heritage and the Deluxe rooms.

Does it make sense to book a Heritage room then?

I assume Deluxe rooms are higher category(cost a little more too), so I guess I'll just book a deluxe room with my cert? (and get a 1 cat upgrade with my AMB status?)
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Heritage will be a shophouse room, on the second or third floor behind the shophouse facade, whereas Deluxe will be your standard room in the tower. Both are lead-in caregories, the difference being location. Since the refurbishment a couple of years ago, the tower rooms now have the Peranakan styling and refreshed finishes and furnishings (it was a big upgrade in styling, IMHO) so that “plus” for the Heritage rooms is no longer a plus.

Personally, I don’t care for the heritage rooms because I find the setting claustrophobic. You’re low to the ground and might have another building or atrium very close to your window. I stayed in one for a night and asked to change to a lower category room in the tower because I hated the room with a view of the mall just over there.

On on a stay I have later this week, I’ve been upgraded two or three levels to a Heritage Suite. I’d sooner take a Premier Room (junior suite) in the tower or even a Grande Deluxe Room in the tower (extra square footage room at the ends of the tower with slightly different layout and more square footage ) than suffer claustrophobia in the heritage rooms.

that said, I live in a high rise condo with an expansive treetops to horizon view. And my office has a similar view. So YMMV.
exs2 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Heritage will be a shophouse room, on the second or third floor behind the shophouse facade, whereas Deluxe will be your standard room in the tower. Both are lead-in caregories, the difference being location. Since the refurbishment a couple of years ago, the tower rooms now have the Peranakan styling and refreshed finishes and furnishings (it was a big upgrade in styling, IMHO) so that “plus” for the Heritage rooms is no longer a plus.

Personally, I don’t care for the heritage rooms because I find the setting claustrophobic. You’re low to the ground and might have another building or atrium very close to your window. I stayed in one for a night and asked to change to a lower category room in the tower because I hated the room with a view of the mall just over there.

On on a stay I have later this week, I’ve been upgraded two or three levels to a Heritage Suite. I’d sooner take a Premier Room (junior suite) in the tower or even a Grande Deluxe Room in the tower (extra square footage room at the ends of the tower with slightly different layout and more square footage ) than suffer claustrophobia in the heritage rooms.

that said, I live in a high rise condo with an expansive treetops to horizon view. And my office has a similar view. So YMMV.
Agree 100%. I avoid those Heritage rooms/Suites like the plague.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MegatopLover

I am exactly the opposite, I like the hardwood floors. I did like it better when you could open the doors and sit out and watch the mall though.
The layout is pretty much a hot mess though
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Booked a free night award and got this email, if anyone wants a data point:

As you may be aware, IHG Rewards room night does not constitute a room upgrade or breakfast. Nevertheless, we would like offer you a selection of promotional supplement to further elevate your stay experiences with us in the luxurious room category filled with old-world charm and embellished with luxury as below:
Room Type
Per room nightRoom Type
Per room night
Heritage Club Room
*Include Club Intercontinental Lounge benefits
Primed for the modern-day traveler, the spacious38sqmClub InterContinental room features lush bedding and contemporary comforts. SGD 100.00++

Club Deluxe Room
*Include Club Intercontinental Lounge benefits Primed for the modern-day traveler, the spacious38sqmClub InterContinental room features lush bedding and contemporary comforts. SGD 160.00++

Premier Suite
*Include Club Intercontinental Lounge benefitsExuding a residential charm that marries luxury and elegance with locality the52sqmpremier suite features a living space w plush sofa seating that offers added sleep comforts. SGD 180.00++

Executive Suite king
*Include Club Intercontinental Lounge benefitsA luxuriously spacious suite with high ceilings the 69sqm executive suite features a plush living room and a charming bedroom that combines timeless elegance with hints of locality. SGD 300.00++

Breakfast supplement are currently available at S$30++ per adult per day instead of S$40++ Walk-in rate. Do let us know if you would like to reserve the mention supplement for your stay with us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.