Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
54austin - if you haven't already, do getting club access. The complementary martinis at the lounge during happy hour are at least $30 in the hotel bar!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:18 am
uk1
Suspended

+1 re Club Access.^
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
If I already have reservations for a room with this or that inclusions but no Club access, can I buy up to Club access? At checkin? How much does it run?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
I think rack rate is around S$100, but if you're a frequent stayer you can do way better than that.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:41 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
If I already have reservations for a room with this or that inclusions but no Club access, can I buy up to Club access? At checkin? How much does it run?
You will nearly always be able to buy this. I suspect there's no fixed price. So do what you need to do. Whatever they first say ... well ... you get the drift.

Just be aware that alcohol is very very expensive in Singapore and the procedure is happy hour and them out for evening eats. Lunch always local beer when out. And these happy hours are Singapore hours ....and there's now no kids in the lounge in the evenings.

Whatever you pay for access is good value if you are an alcohol tart. Enjoy your stay and report back.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Enjoyed a staycation last weekend.

Fabulous upgrade from basic room to a junior suite as a Gold AMB.

Well done IC Singapore!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Club Manager Jana seems to be leave from the club lounge of IC Singapore.
http://ihg.jobs.net/job/Club-InterCo...6YC5PDS9VKFP8/
Does anyone know the detail?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
Originally Posted by Raynyan
Club Manager Jana seems to be leave from the club lounge of IC Singapore.
http://ihg.jobs.net/job/Club-InterCo...6YC5PDS9VKFP8/
Does anyone know the detail?
Only that she is returning to Berlin. Jana was a wonderful person, excellent manager, built great rapport with staff and customers. Endured all our "moments" with grace and humour and worked to sole genuine problems quickly and effectively.

Jana, as I have already said, thank you for your care, time and support and best wishes for the future. I will miss you. And, I am not alone.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
.... One thing the IC often has going for it is much lower rates. In fact, IMO it's usually the best chain value in Singapore (compared to peers Hyatt, Sheraton, Marriott, Hilton, Westin, and Conrad).

Is this based on rates shown on each hotel's web site, or does it involve corporate rates, or some other variety of black magic?

I ask, because I have generally found the Hilton (and on weekends, the Conrad too) to be cheaper than the IC. Also, Hilton includes breakfast (for HH Golds) which is a huge deal in Singapore.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:20 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by infoworks
Only that she is returning to Berlin. Jana was a wonderful person, excellent manager, built great rapport with staff and customers. Endured all our "moments" with grace and humour and worked to sole genuine problems quickly and effectively.

Jana, as I have already said, thank you for your care, time and support and best wishes for the future. I will miss you. And, I am not alone.
Yes, a lovely lady ... with a distinctive voice!

It is her last day today and I'm sure she will enjoy her new job in Berlin.

^
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:52 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by infoworks

Originally Posted by uk1
Yes, a lovely lady ... with a distinctive voice!

It is her last day today and I'm sure she will enjoy her new job in Berlin.

^
It's a so sorry to hear. This April, she visited Tokyo for personal trip and I met her at ANA Tokyo Club Lounge.
I never imagine she leaves from Singapore 4 months later...
Hope her happiness and good health.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
A second InterContinental hotel is set to open in Singapore along Robertson Quay in 2016. The hotel will take over the current Gallery Hotel site!

More info here: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...singapore-2016

Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Emailing the hotel

I'd like to email the GM or at least front desk manager about an upcoming stay. Does someone have an email address? Thank you.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:42 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by markcwj
A second InterContinental hotel is set to open in Singapore along Robertson Quay in 2016. The hotel will take over the current Gallery Hotel site!

More info here: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...singapore-2016

Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:01 am

I stayed here last night using my free night from my Chase IHG credit card with Platinum status. My status was recognized, but a neither a room upgrade nor late check out were available. I ended up in the "king deluxe", i.e. standard room. The front desk agent apologetically offered me breakfast and a 1 PM checkout. Score! (Since it was just me, breakfast had more value than the room upgrade and I was leaving before 1 anyway.)

The staff was top notch. The room was top notch. The breakfast was top notch. My only gripe was that housekeeping knocked on my door at exactly noon and asked "how soon are you leaving, sir"?

I did use the subway from SIN to get there (Bugis station). It took about 25 minutes. (I am frugal.). But the entrance to the property was not obvious - I had to do a little walking even though I could see the property from the street.

This was a great value for my free night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.