Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:12 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Noelene
I am all in a tizz jigging with my IC Singapore reservation
was jus converting my best flexible booking to some adv purchase/F&F, and leaving 2 nights flex for BOGO use
I read that booking King Premier... can lead to Executive Suite u/g
but thats cheaper than booking Club Room so which then

also am i recalling correctly that the extra person charge is waived for RA?
(If anyone is left standing in the Morning may as well spring for breakfast )

Thanks for any help, I am spending so much time on this, I am neglecting my shopping research , so if anyone can chip in with the most cost/upgrade effective idea I would be really grateful
Hi, un-tizz yourself. It's pointless looking for definitive rules because these things are inconsistant. Lot's of people get treated consistently, lot's don't and rules and policies change.

Personally I've been lucky enough to have been upgraded at SIN from everything from Presidential downwards. My favourite of all is Shophouse suite. I like it because I like low floors and I like being able to walk out from the suite almost straight onto "the street" without going into the lift and through the lobby. I also need the lounge. Sometimes the greetings and bonhommie at IC SIN in the lobby can be overpowering if you are as grumpy as me - so straight out to the street is what I yearn for.

It's important to simply work out what it is you want to be upgraded to and email them and tell them. Ask them what is the minimum and cheapest you need to book to get the room and service you want. Then book it at the cheapest rate you can find (remember the weekend certs if you have them) and don't agonise everytime someone else by chance get's something better. Some people want the most bangs per buck - others know exactly what they want and are contented and want no more. Others like no suprises (like me) so are prepared to risk paying more but to get the guarantee of getting what they actually want.

It's a compromise but a far better and relaxing approach.

ASK THEM! Then you have a guarantee.^
Old Jan 7, 2010, 3:11 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by uk1
Hi, un-tizz yourself. It's pointless looking for definitive rules because these things are inconsistant. Lot's of people get treated consistently, lot's don't and rules and policies change.

It's a compromise but a far better and relaxing approach.

ASK THEM! Then you have a guarantee.^
You are absolutely right, I emailed and asked, I want Club access too, so booked a Club room, and will see if I get a room u/g.

I have had marvellous experiences in Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh and I know Singapore will be great
Thanks for the calming advice
Old Jan 7, 2010, 3:24 pm
uk1
Suspended

You are absolutely right, I emailed and asked, I want Club access too, so booked a Club room, and will see if I get a room u/g.

I have had marvellous experiences in Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh and I know Singapore will be great
Thanks for the calming advice
Excellent. The good thing about approaching it this way is that if you agree a room category to book then once they agree you can forget about other restrictions. For example using F&F. So if for example your request is "I want this room or suite with lounge access, and full RA benefits - what room or suite must I book?". Unless your reply has any caveats then you should be able to book whatever rate you want - including redemptions and they should honour it. Simply reply to them with your booking number and ask them to note the arrangements that they had agreed to on your booking. In this way you will know exactly what you will be receiving. In my case it is a very specific suite number which I always have.

I also suggest (forgive me if it is teaching to suck eggs) - but make friends with your contact there and thank them for their trouble. Send a note to the GM asking him to thank your contact for their trouble. A note from their boss will make them remember you when you make your next booking ................... but this is a rule true of all life - isn't it?

Singapore IC is great. The Shophouse rooms and suites are not univerally liked here because they are above a shopping mall. Some people don't like them. So far I've found them to be very quiet at night as the mall is shut.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:16 am
In Memoriam

well got u/g to Shophouse Suite with Club access, and its a lovely suite, but I dont like wooden floors so went and looked at King Premier room which is carpeted so for tonight its fine and will sort out the rest of my reservation tomorrow, since i didnt check in till almost 11pm, they seemed quite worried i wasnt accepting the upgrade
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by uk1
Excellent. The good thing about approaching it this way is that if you agree a room category to book then once they agree you can forget about other restrictions. For example using F&F. So if for example your request is "I want this room or suite with lounge access, and full RA benefits - what room or suite must I book?". Unless your reply has any caveats then you should be able to book whatever rate you want - including redemptions and they should honour it.
If just asked a general question on what should be booked , a general reply giving the upgrade path doesn't commit them to providing it when an ineligable rate is used . Implicit in that question is that will be making a booking where Royal Ambassador benefits apply

Dave
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Has anyone successfully used a BOGO while booking F&F rate at the IC SIN recently?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: VA Gold, IML Gold (*G), Accor Gold
Just checked in to SIN IC last night. I booked a club room on a fully prepaid rate and was upgraded to club premier room.

We just finished having breakfast in the lounge. They have a great selection with plenty of hot offerings and serve leaf tea and espresso coffee.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 1:51 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by cdp88
Just checked in to SIN IC last night. I booked a club room on a fully prepaid rate and was upgraded to club premier room.

We just finished having breakfast in the lounge. They have a great selection with plenty of hot offerings and serve leaf tea and espresso coffee.
ya breakfast was great, especially the juices, enjoy the evening service too, yummy singapore slings and food ^ that lounge cries out for a view tho
Old Feb 6, 2010, 7:20 pm

ya breakfast was great, especially the juices, enjoy the evening service too, yummy singapore slings and food ^ that lounge cries out for a view tho
I didn't get to try the lounge for drinks but hopefully will tonight.

The afternoon tea, from 2-5.30pm, wasn't anything special. Just a few pastries and no tea or coffee service as such.

On the first morning we got caught trying to take some bottles of softdrink out of the lounge.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
cdp88, if you are in the lounge this evening, might see you there!?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by infoworks
cdp88, if you are in the lounge this evening, might see you there!?
@ infoworks, no worries. If i'm there tonight i'll see you there.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:53 am

I emailed them to ask what room upgrade I would receive for my advance purchase booking in April (booked King Premium room), as the reservation is no longer viewable - also asked whether it would include Club access.

The response confirmed that the RA upgrade is either a room upgrade (not specified to what, I guess a Shophouse Suite) or Club access, but not both. Based on comments on here, and my experience of a Shophouse Room on a previous stay, I'll go for the Club access - I found the Shophouse Room very noisy, even at night, and didn't appreciate just having a view of a shopping mall.

I know that this policy does comply with the RA T&Cs, but many ICs now offer both (my last stay was at the new IC SF, which managed to provide a suite and club access on a booking from the most basic room).
Old Feb 10, 2010, 8:35 am

I was at the IC SIN Feb6-9th... didn't think of checking this thread. While grabbing some snacks at cocktail hour, overheard two chaps in the lounge (perhaps mid-late50ish in age) talking about PC points.

Was it anybody here?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Originally Posted by ag51
The response confirmed that the RA upgrade is either a room upgrade (not specified to what, I guess a Shophouse Suite) or Club access, but not both. Based on comments on here, and my experience of a Shophouse Room on a previous stay, I'll go for the Club access - I found the Shophouse Room very noisy, even at night, and didn't appreciate just having a view of a shopping mall.

I know that this policy does comply with the RA T&Cs, but many ICs now offer both (my last stay was at the new IC SF, which managed to provide a suite and club access on a booking from the most basic room).
Good call on the Shophouse room. I was only inside for a minute and I immediately asked the hotel if they had another room that's quieter and has more privacy. It's not exactly the best to have shoppers from the mall below look up into your room!

As for the room upgrade vs. club access, in my experience every IC I've ever stayed in Asia offers one or the other. So far I haven't heard of any ICs in Asia that give both when booking the cheapest room.

Try requesting an upgrade to the Premier room, it's a very nice and spacious room with views overlooking the city, much better than the Shophouse room in my opinion.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 3:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mister__big

Try requesting an upgrade to the Premier room, it's a very nice and spacious room with views overlooking the city, much better than the Shophouse room in my opinion.
I tend to book the shophouse suite and get the Ambassador suite ; a very nice suite on the 16th floor

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.