IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Old Feb 8, 2024, 3:31 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ninjalad
Oh it seems we were there at the same time!
Happily although am no longer RA hotel still treat me like one , booked club premium and received Diplomatic suite . I did have a chat to another RA staying , your neighbour in 838 😂
Cool, same here: booked club premium and received Diplomatic suite Stay was ten days ago. Among the large Suites, I only have not stayed in the Park Suite yet, but there seems to be some renovation ongoing, at least when I was there ...
Old Feb 8, 2024, 9:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
Originally Posted by ninjalad
Oh it seems we were there at the same time!
Happily although am no longer RA hotel still treat me like one , booked club premium and received Diplomatic suite . I did have a chat to another RA staying , your neighbour in 838 😂
Was looking at the sofa close to the bar on Sunday / Monday but was empty (Alas we didn't spent much time at the Lounge except for breakfast and quick afternoon tea).

Booked 1 Bedroom suite Berlin View and received the same with discount with the difference between the booked and the previous category (which is much better than 10k points).
I was wondering whether there are similar suites in the East wing where the lounge is located as I was assigned a room in the West one.
I think this happened as I was looking / booked suite for 3 people and added club uplift.
As explained by the club agent there are 1 Bedroom suites with Lounge access but looking at the app they are for only 2 people. So I think if you book non-Club 1 Bedroom Suite with Berlin View and add uplift afterwards there is a big chance to end up in the West wing earning you quick morning walk

PS: really happy I missed the Verdi's strikes

Last edited by koriobg; Feb 11, 2024 at 9:29 am
Old Feb 10, 2024, 3:15 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Koriobg, there are one bedroom suites in the East wing , they have two bathrooms and a fully separate living room, they have them on floors 4-7 they use to have a pull down bed in living room but not sure since recent refurbishment.
I was on my favourite perch on Sunday but only briefly for a coffee and a glass of bubbles later , as I managed to tear a calf muscle Sunday evening i was hiding in suite most of the morning 🙈
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
Hey Ninjalad, wish you a speedy recovery.
I think the devil is in the details, playing a little bit with the availability my suspicion is that 1 Bedroom Suite Berlin View are in the West wing and was our only option for 2Adults + 1Child (with intention to have 2 separate rooms). Funnily trying to look for 3Adults results in no rooms found even when I click an available period in the calendar (IHG app)
The "non-Berlin View " 1 Bedroom Suites I suppose are in the East Wing as described by you and from your description sounds much better, will book next time when I am alone or with my SO only.

Last edited by koriobg; Feb 11, 2024 at 9:33 am
Old Feb 19, 2024, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I had a stay at this hotel last Friday and it wasn't particularly good. The standard room was the same as a Holiday Inn Express room and there were almost no amenities, including a small coffee machine that barely worked. The minibar in the fridge looked like one of those I last saw in New York, where if you pull a bottle out the sensor immediately charges it to your room. So I couldn't store any of my own stuff in it. Even if I had wanted a beer or wine there were no glasses in the room. The biggest complaint is about the pillows. I just don't understand how anyone could sleep on those, they are so completely soft. Could probably have called down and got firmer ones but it was late and I wanted to sleep. I wouldn't spend money or points on this hotel again, unless it was dirt cheap. There are better hotels in Berlin.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Concerto
The standard room was the same as a Holiday Inn Express room and there were almost no amenities, including a small coffee machine that barely worked.
I have never stayed in a classic room at this hotel.
But hasnt all the hotel been renovated?

Looking at the pictures, they do not seem bad at all.

All rooms are equipped with a Tassimo coffee machine and kettle, with multiple capsules (espresso, lungo, decaffeinated).

The minibar in the fridge looked like one of those I last saw in New York, where if you pull a bottle out the sensor immediately charges it to your room. So I couldn't store any of my own stuff in it.
The minibar is designed like most automatic minibars in the world.

In addition, there is a section on the right to store your personal drinks.

I The biggest complaint is about the pillows. I just don't understand how anyone could sleep on those, they are so completely soft. Could probably have called down and got firmer ones but it was late and I wanted to sleep.
As mentioned, all you have to do is call Instant Service to get the pillow that's right for you.

I wouldn't spend money or points on this hotel again, unless it was dirt cheap. There are better hotels in Berlin.
The choice is yours.

But perhaps it would have been useful to talk about the quality of service, the completely refurbished hotel, the gourmet Hugo restaurant, the large indoor swimming pool.

For our own personal culture, can you name some of the "better hotels" in the same price range?

Last edited by nicolas75; Feb 19, 2024 at 6:16 am
Old Feb 19, 2024, 6:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Totally offtopic but OMG :
isn't that cool to have that sultry Marlene stare down every time you open the minibar !
Like Jean Durand: "the lips that say nothing but the looks that speaks volume"
ninjalad and nicolas75 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
The biggest complaint is about the pillows.
I just don't understand how anyone could sleep on those,
they are so completely soft. .
I understand this completely : how anyone can sleep on a paper sheet masquerading as a pillow should receive a merit award!
I am an absolute grouch if i don't sleep well:
so from problem to solution thinking
1) always email in advance to request firm pillows
2) travel with a compact firm pillow
* the UA menory gel foam is a handy size : "in the past they were sold online" *some help themself
* i never leave home without Silly Sil: https://www.silvana.nl/kussens.html
* or even internationally available Tempur: https://nl.tempur.com/kussens/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.