Search

Anybody has RA experience at IC Tokyo Bay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2007, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Booking confusion

Now what should we do ?

We will be using the free weekend night cert and as well would like the club access. From what I read abouve it says that if I booked the Deluxe room I would get the club access room ? Is that correct ? As well should I prepay for the second night for a club room ?

The deluxe room :2 single Deluxe room with Tokyo bay at 24500 Yen (42000 advance)
Club : 2 beds club with sumida river view at 27000 Yen(34000 advance)
Advice ?
Old Jan 10, 2007, 4:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, PC Plat, ICH Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
I think some of the confusion as to whether one is getting an upgrade or not stems from the fact that not all club floor rooms are on the actual club floor (20th floor and the location of the club lounge). Floors 20 to 24 are all considered club floors. In addition, there doesn't appear to be a lot of difference (with the exception of being on a higher floor) between club floor rooms and Regular floor rooms (Floors 9 to 19). For example, the Superior Bay View rooms on all floors (both Club and Regular) is 35 sq. m. The Deluxe Bay View rooms on all floors is 41 sq. m. So one can end up being upgraded to the club floor, and apart from the club lounge access granted, not really notice any difference.
Thanks for the info, yeah they put me on the 21st floor with the club being on 20 yes. But what was interesting is that I booked King bed with River view Room for 24,000 yen. "Standard" room was 20,000 yen and "CLUB King Bed with River View" was 26,000. So I booked the 24,000 one in hope of getting a room upgrade, but all they gave me was club access. So I asked by email and in person what about a room upgrade and they told me "you are getting the exact same room that you booked, just with club access". So in reality my "upgrade" was getting a 26,000 room for 24,000. Im not really overcome with joy about that.....thats less than $20 of value. (So instead I took out my "value" on happy hour and the minibar and in the end it was worth it)

The guy helpfully added on that next time I should just book a "Standard" room for 20,000 I would have gotten upgraded to a King Bed Club Floor Room AND gotten club access too just like I did for my 24,000 room. So I just wonder what type of room is the "worst" room you can book and still get something decent as an upgrade and get club access too. It doesnt seem right if you are willing to pay more than the "standard" room that they take your money and then dont upgrade your room simply because you have already paid for the best room they are willing to give you.

Yeah I was kind of expecting one of those bath with a view rooms when I booked something more expensive than just the lowest priced room. So anyone know what I need to book to get one of those? I suppose I need to book a CLUB floor room of some type then ask for a room upgrade? Or will they once again tell me that I have booked and paid for the highest room I am entitled to? Anyway this whole concept at IC makes no sense. You can be on the Club Floor yet have no club Access. But you can have access to the club without being in a Club room or on a Club Floor. You can also be in a suite, yet not allowed in the club...Ahhh makes my head hurt! :-)
Old Jan 10, 2007, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well Folks I spoke to Takemaru the Sales Director, at the hotel and he advised me to book the Deluxe room in order to get club access. The UG will be to a River View club room. He also mentioned that if it is an early check in we should book for an extra night at half the price.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Well Folks I spoke to Takemaru the Sales Director, at the hotel and he advised me to book the Deluxe room in order to get club access. The UG will be to a River View club room. He also mentioned that if it is an early check in we should book for an extra night at half the price.
Thanks for the info, I will do that next time!
Old Jan 10, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
well

Originally Posted by MaxJPN
again the early checkin is a break of the rule.

as a RA you get

Early check-in (from 8:00 am) - alternative accommodation may be offered should reserved accommodation not be accessible until later

that is free of charge.

dp
Old Jan 10, 2007, 8:17 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
and

well thats ........ again.

as a RA gets the best available room, this should be at least a CLUB FLOOR room.
and a club floor room has to include the acess to the lounge for a RA.

and see this reply of the manager JET2K posted kindly.

Royal Ambassador members are complimentary for using Club Lounge.

book the cheapest room, and insist on a room upgrade + clubfloor acess as a RA.

if you let them get away with that crap , they wont change it.

i have booked now 10 stays in the IC tokyo, and if they try to fake me like they are faking you all, i will shout at checkin until i get what i am entitled too.

and trust me they are just lying to you, i called and asked if a suite is available for the time i booked, they said no! sorry on the phone.

than 1 hour later my friend called and asked for the same period if a suite is available and how much is the price etc.

well SUITE is available for that time

i still think we should write a complain letter about upgrade to suites and lounge acess and upgrade policy!

dp
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:16 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Jet2K
I found this information in my email archive from Mid-2005, you might want to check with the hotel to confirm the current policy.
Thanks, Jet2K,this is helpful.

The guy helpfully added on that next time I should just book a "Standard" room for 20,000 I would have gotten upgraded to a King Bed Club Floor Room AND gotten club access too just like I did for my 24,000 room. So I just wonder what type of room is the "worst" room you can book and still get something decent as an upgrade and get club access too.
While the IC Tokyo Bay does have a room type below Superior, called "Moderate" (size 34 sq. m.), there is only one of these rooms per floor (and yes on the Club Floors as well), and so can be just as rare as a suite. But this isn't what a "Standard" room is. Clicking on the detail for a standard room among the room types offered when making a reservation, one sees that this is nothing more than a ROH room as the it states "BED TYPE AND SMOKING PREFERENCE CANNOT BE GUARANTEED AS IT WILL BE ALLOCATED UPON ARRIVAL BASED ON AVAILABILITY."

In my experience, reserving the cheapest room will get you a better room (usually club floor) and club lounge access.

Yeah I was kind of expecting one of those bath with a view rooms when I booked something more expensive than just the lowest priced room. So anyone know what I need to book to get one of those?
I think xpacific showed us one way of how to do this a few posts back. I know I'm going to try it out.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:25 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by derpelikan
well thats ........ again.

as a RA gets the best available room, this should be at least a CLUB FLOOR room.
and a club floor room has to include the acess to the lounge for a RA.
Whoa, people. Correct me if I'm wrong, but djjaguar64 is an Ambassador and not an RA, so what the IC Tokyo Bay sales director told him about a one-room upgrade (deluxe to club) would be correct. As far as I know, RAs should continue to get club floor by just reserving the cheapest room.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:31 pm

I dont know, I already have enough complications in my life...haha I dont feel like I should have to know every regulation and rule and trick just to get a decent upgrade that actually makes me feel like I am getting something.

When you are trying to make RA they make it out to be some unobtainable goal that you gotta be the top 1% of all their customers in the world, gotta be a special high volume/high dollar type customer, etc etc. But then when you actually spend enough/stay enough to get RA and its time for benefits, you have to know a bunch of tricks just to simply get a bigger room and a drink at the club? I dont know, I just cant be bothered with it, if I have to argue and fight for it, defeats the purpose of it all for me anyway. Im a simple person and I like things done in a simple way without a lot of hassle.

I stay at these supposed "luxury" hotels so that I can feel a little special and get away from the daily stress of life. If they cant make me feel a little more special than I actually am in real life, and get me all stressed out trying to fight for a room that is 5 sq meters bigger and 2 floors higher, I will just stay home. I can feel quite small and unimportant at home all by myself....dont need to leave the house for THAT....haha
Old Jan 11, 2007, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MaxJPN you are an RA, what I was told was for Ambassadors only.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; IC RA
MaxJPN has the right attitude ^

IC Tokyo is my home away from home... a very nice, quiet hotel with fabulous views and reasonable access to just about anywhere you want to go in Tokyo. There really are no bad rooms there, and online you can often score rooms early in the week for around Y15,000.

As RA simply book the lowest priced room, then call up to the 20th floor guest relations (aka club check in folks) to ensure you get access to the club as well as a bay view -- preferably a bath bay view room if one is available.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:48 pm

well

Originally Posted by xpacific
MaxJPN has the right attitude ^

IC Tokyo is my home away from home... a very nice, quiet hotel with fabulous views and reasonable access to just about anywhere you want to go in Tokyo. There really are no bad rooms there, and online you can often score rooms early in the week for around Y15,000.

As RA simply book the lowest priced room, then call up to the 20th floor guest relations (aka club check in folks) to ensure you get access to the club as well as a bay view -- preferably a bath bay view room if one is available.

i agree. but i dont agree that japanese hotels are messing with customers all the time.

there should be no discussion , you book the cheapest room as a RA, and get the best avail. room at checkin incl suites + club floor acess.

why cant they just make it that easy.

dp
Old Jan 27, 2007, 7:27 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Dear Mr. spunk_tokyo,

Thank you for your email again.

Once again, it depends on our room occupancy,
but if you booked a deluxe room on Club floors,
we can offer you a Inter Continental Suite if it were available.
As you know, we don't have many suite rooms,
so these rooms are almost always fully booked though.

Please tell us when you decide to stay here.
We would upgrade your room as best as we can.

Rooms Reservation
Yayoi IWASAWA

This is the anwser from IC Tokyo Bay for asking what room upgrade for Deluxe Club Floor room. Previously I got an email stating that even if I book a Club Floor room, the best upgrade is only Deluxe CLub Floor Room.

I guess there is not much room upgrade to be expected in IC Tokyo Bay.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
This is the anwser from IC Tokyo Bay for asking what room upgrade for Deluxe Club Floor room. Previously I got an email stating that even if I book a Club Floor room, the best upgrade is only Deluxe CLub Floor Room.
In light of their response, assuming you want that suite (and don't want to reserve it outright), I would be inclined to book a deluxe club on a flexible rate, contact them and see if they can upgrade you. If they can't or there are no guarantees, you may wish to make other plans.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 9:00 pm

As a lowly IC Gold (boy does HI Gold make a difference!) I stayed two nights paid and two nights rewards at the IC Tokyo Bay in November 2006. I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza Ikebukuro before and wish I had stayed there again. Much warmer reception from the staff in Ikebukuro! The IC Tokyo Bay staff was cold, the place is a glorified kaikan (event hall) making large revenue on events, I was one of three gaijin there from what I could gather. I have IC oivernment traveler status w/card, supposed to get at least a basic breakfast, but no way at the IC Tokyo Bay! After fighting with the front desk they sent up a bottle of wine. Wow. At least I had a decent river view. We moved to the Cobrad Tokyo for four reward nights after our four IC nights. Never again at the IC Tokyo Bay! Even the former IC in Tokyo (Keio Plaza) had more warmth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.