Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Toronto or IC Toronto Centre

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2007, 4:56 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jackplum
Another note: Toronto Centre has a Club Intercontinental. The IC on Bloor does not. If you are driving, the Club IC includes free valet parking (saves $30/day) and has a free 5km limo service.
Is that privilege still available at that property? I'll be in Toronto towards the end of Feb and I could use the free parking and the limo service!

I'm Ambassador with IC and Platinum with PC...
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:37 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
From the room descriptions I get the impression that IC Toronto Centre has pretty small rooms (under 300 sq ft). Or am I wrong? I'm planning a visit to TO over easter, with a family of four, and I'm wondering if the room in Toronto Centre may be a bit on the small side. Last time I stayed at IC Toronto, and as an AMB was upgraded to a studio suite, very nice. Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks,
chop
Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:51 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Bump...
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by choptliva
From the room descriptions I get the impression that IC Toronto Centre has pretty small rooms (under 300 sq ft). Or am I wrong? I'm planning a visit to TO over easter, with a family of four, and I'm wondering if the room in Toronto Centre may be a bit on the small side. Last time I stayed at IC Toronto, and as an AMB was upgraded to a studio suite, very nice. Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks,
chop
I have been staying a lot recently at IC Toronto Centre. Out of all my stays as an platinum ambassador, i have been upgraded to studio suites everytime and once in a real suite (pretty much 2 room combined into 1). What you can perhaps do is send an email to the hotel first and ask if they can offer you the suite, they have been very nice about it.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 2:20 am

Thanks for the reply. I'll see what I can find out.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 6:50 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by flushing
On other hand, the IC at front St. is very generous on the upgrade. During my 5-6 stays there in the past 2 month, I have received studio suites (1 room with a huge sitting area) and once i have gotten upgraded to a full suite (basically two rooms where 1 room is set up as bedroom and 1 room set up as living room).
I would agree with this as well. ^ I had a stay here during a Red Sox series last fall when the hotel was very busy / nearly sold out. I was here on an award stay with my fiancee and two friends. After emailing the hotel about this they accomodated me into this exact type of room where the "Living room" sofa converted into a double bed. ^ Excellent as we basically had two separate rooms - and two minibars to kill as well!

BTW, I did ask about an upgrade to the club level and it was offered to me for around $80/nt but I'm not sure if that was CAD or USD. I didn't take upgrade as the two mini-bars served us nicely. Oh, and the spa is excellent as well.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 6:11 pm

Thanks, EdV and flushing. Did you email them at their main email address, or did you contact a specific person?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 7:55 pm

you can try emailing them from your current reservation site. usually a manager would reply back pretty fast.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 5:18 am

Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2007, 7:11 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by flushing
you can try emailing them from your current reservation site. usually a manager would reply back pretty fast.
Your welcome choptliva and don't forget to report back what happens. ^ Have fun.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 2:44 am

Sent email to their (Toronto Centre) general email address. Got a reply within a couple of hours. I asked them (1) about room size, and (2) about upgrades for Plat Amb.
The reply came from someone in the reservations dept. They said they will try to give me a one-bedroom suite if one's available, but they likely can't confirm that till check-in. For now, they put me in a "deluxe" room, but gave no indication if it's any bigger (or how big) than the superior room I booked.
So I guess I will have to wait and see.

Now I am not sure what I should do. I stayed at the IC Toronto (Yorkville) before and it was good. It's maybe$20 more per night for the same deal (breakfast + pkg).

But the Hilton Toronto gives me a 400 sq ft room with 2 beds, incl 2 breakfast, for about $20 less than the Toronto Centre. I don't know if I should jump over to the Hilton (where I'm gold), or take a chance at the Toronto Centre.

Decisions, decisions
Old Feb 12, 2007, 5:39 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by choptliva
But the Hilton Toronto gives me a 400 sq ft room with 2 beds, incl 2 breakfast, for about $20 less than the Toronto Centre. I don't know if I should jump over to the Hilton (where I'm gold), or take a chance at the Toronto Centre.

Decisions, decisions
I was in Toronto last week, and if ever there was a case for using a hotel that lies directly on the P A T H , it is now!! The fffffrrrrreeezzziiiinnnggg cold is just ridiculous, and walking outside seemed nigh on impossible to me at least.

On that basis alone I chose the Sheraton over the IC. And as I'm sure you are aware, the Hilton too is on the P A T H...
Old Feb 12, 2007, 5:40 pm

dont give up, ask them nicely again and state the fact that u would rather stay with them than going to hilton which cost less.

I got pretty lucky myself here as a platinum ambassador for next week.. made a reservation and was confirmed for a jr suite + access to the club lounge after some communication with someone from the hotel via email. (i have been staying here at least 20+ nights since dec of last year)
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:57 pm

Bad news, i have just been informed today by another person that my club access has been denied. I guess there are differences in opinion at this hotel
Old Feb 15, 2007, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
I was in Toronto last week, and if ever there was a case for using a hotel that lies directly on the P A T H , it is now!! The fffffrrrrreeezzziiiinnnggg cold is just ridiculous, and walking outside seemed nigh on impossible to me at least.

On that basis alone I chose the Sheraton over the IC. And as I'm sure you are aware, the Hilton too is on the P A T H...
Thanks, AJ. I'm not going within the next couple of weeks, so I hope it will be a bit warmer by the time I go (though it's not usual to see snow on the ground in April... ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.