Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Toronto or IC Toronto Centre

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by MXM135
Ambassador members most likely will not get club access. They have new category of room upgrades at the Toronto Centre since the refurbishment of the upper floors.

mxm135
even as an RA, no club access unless booked last few times (this year)
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
as RA, they have always given us club, phone up and ask Balinder Anand, she's front office manager, and a very nice person, if ambassador i would suggest booking one category under club king, all you can do is ask.
Really? As an RA I've have been told recently no club access unless booked. Room upgrade from booked superior to "feature" (told 2 level upgrade) but looks pretty basic except "renovated"
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: Some, not all.
I'm currently at the IC Toronto waiting to check a third room within 20 hours of arriving.

The adventure so far:

Check in at 3:30pm, room not ready voucher to have a drink whilst we wait ^
Upgrade from Feature room to Junior Suite on 25th floor ^
Spa closed, club lounge closed for duration of our 4 night stay
Dropped luggage off in room, went shopping.
Back in the room around 7pm notice a noise - whirring and clunking, not loud but constant and once noticed impossible to ignore. Check HVAC, nope. Check room plan, no elevators backing on to the room, although they are ~25 feet away.
Call down to front desk, they say its the elevator cables above the room on the roof. No problem to move to the same room one floor down.
Move rooms, have dinner but notice the same sounds. Give up watching the movie, have another drink or two and try to sleep.
Next day, explain the problem at the front desk, and wait 10 minutes whilst a descison is made. Manager offers $100 credit for the previous nights inconvienince, and will call in 10 minutes.
Speak to the manager who is very nice, and offers a 13th floor un-refurbished room, but will not be available until 1:30pm. I say I will look, but if it's not acceptable we may as well check out and move hotels.

Verdict so far? Junior suites are nice, although are more style over substance (I prefer a comfortable sofa over one that is nice to look at). But unless you are hard of hearing, you'd do well to avoid the rooms xx37. Maybe that's why the radio is left on in the room every time.

Update: We've ended up in the royal suite thanks to a bit of faith in the bellman (now handsomely tipped), very 80's in style, but if it's good enough for the president, not sure which one, it be fine for us.

Last edited by 21H21J; Apr 16, 2014 at 10:50 pm
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I was there last weekend and posted my review in the RA thread, I was at 2237 and yup it was very noisy, I was annoyed, thankfully I wasn't in the hotel most of my time but it was terrible night and morning.

Wow they moved you the Royal Suite eh! Good stuff!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by 21H21J
I'm currently at the IC Toronto waiting to check a third room within 20 hours of arriving.

The adventure so far:

Check in at 3:30pm, room not ready voucher to have a drink whilst we wait ^
Upgrade from Feature room to Junior Suite on 25th floor ^
Spa closed, club lounge closed for duration of our 4 night stay
Dropped luggage off in room, went shopping.
Back in the room around 7pm notice a noise - whirring and clunking, not loud but constant and once noticed impossible to ignore. Check HVAC, nope. Check room plan, no elevators backing on to the room, although they are ~25 feet away.
Call down to front desk, they say its the elevator cables above the room on the roof. No problem to move to the same room one floor down.
Move rooms, have dinner but notice the same sounds. Give up watching the movie, have another drink or two and try to sleep.
Next day, explain the problem at the front desk, and wait 10 minutes whilst a descison is made. Manager offers $100 credit for the previous nights inconvienince, and will call in 10 minutes.
Speak to the manager who is very nice, and offers a 13th floor un-refurbished room, but will not be available until 1:30pm. I say I will look, but if it's not acceptable we may as well check out and move hotels.

Verdict so far? Junior suites are nice, although are more style over substance (I prefer a comfortable sofa over one that is nice to look at). But unless you are hard of hearing, you'd do well to avoid the rooms xx37. Maybe that's why the radio is left on in the room every time.

Update: We've ended up in the royal suite thanks to a bit of faith in the bellman (now handsomely tipped), very 80's in style, but if it's good enough for the president, not sure which one, it be fine for us.
Balinder Anand, Front office Manager is there best person in that property, she really is a very nice person.

The bathroom in the Royal is its biggest asset, certainly relative to the rest of that property excluding the Presidential, and the glass sliding doors to the loungeroom, you've done well.

Did they give any explanation why the club lounge is closed, they usually close it over Christmas for a week, they gave us five entree coupons daily to use in the restaurant, which was great, we ate dinner there most nights.

I know Balinder quite well, she will do whatever she can to make your stay more pleasant, especially receptive to polite guests, do not deal with Warren Van Worst, he is the worst there.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:03 am

Quick question for RAs have any of you been given free lounge access lately?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
last 3 times this year, no
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:03 pm

The front desk staff mentioned that the bathroom cost $40k, but when I saw it I was "eh?", since when has a bit of marble and a dual head grohle shower cost so much? But perhaps this is another royal suite as there are no glass sliding doors...don't get me wrong, for the price we're paying it's great, but it's just two very nice rooms. I've had bigger wow factors at CPs (Limmasol and South Beach)

The club lounge is closed as they are refurbishing that floor, and also the spa and pool is closed with alternative facilities available at the Ritz. Whilst not a deal breaker, if I wanted to go to another hotel to use the spa, I'd probably stay at that hotel also.

Apart from one phone call the management have been conspicuously absent in resolving any problems.

For the sake of completeness, I'd already had a run in with the hotel before the stay over the addition of a 3% tax added to the advance payment total, but not shown on the booking total. After getting the Ambassador desk involved they agreed to refund the 3%. I would have had no issue in paying this had it been shown at the booking stage...
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
I am a regular guest at this hotel and have always received lounge access as an RA up to now. I have a future stay planned in May, so I contacted the hotel to ask what the new policy was regarding RA upgrades.

I was advised that the hotel has changed its policy for RA upgrades and no longer offers free lounge access.

If lounge access is required, I was advised to book the cheapest club room to get lounge access and then a room upgrade would be applied. This is a major disappointment.

mxm135
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I am a regular guest at this hotel and have always received lounge access as an RA up to now. I have a future stay planned in May, so I contacted the hotel to ask what the new policy was regarding RA upgrades.

I was advised that the hotel has changed its policy for RA upgrades and no longer offers free lounge access.

If lounge access is required, I was advised to book the cheapest club room to get lounge access and then a room upgrade would be applied. This is a major disappointment.

mxm135
Club access for RAs was removed late last year, sometime around December or so.

But I've had decent success getting it honoured anyway, as long as I am friendly with the checkin agent. They seem not to care too much, and if your face is well known to the club floor staff, they greet you by name anyway - not that I am advocating that
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Club access for RAs was removed late last year, sometime around December or so.

But I've had decent success getting it honoured anyway, as long as I am friendly with the checkin agent. They seem not to care too much, and if your face is well known to the club floor staff, they greet you by name anyway - not that I am advocating that
out of 4 times this year, once I was "allowed" access , the old "this time only"... very uncomfortable.The generous treatment I receive at other IC's for similar reservations in stark contrast
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
the Royal Suite is 1020 IIRC, sounds like you got a good deal in any case, if you had club access and the club isn't available, i'd speak with Balinder, or ask for Vera, she usually runs the club, but when closed she workes in other areas, and mention a RA friend was given entree vouchers for the restaurant in lieu of the lounge benefits, actually it was an entree and two non alcoholic drink vouchers per pax, whatever you do, do not just make a general enquiry at the ambassador desk, as they may refer to Warren Van Worst, and he will not do anything for you, OTOH Balinder will try her best. You can mention my name to Balinder, we've stayed in the Presidential, the Royal, and also some adjoining king suites, Balinder has always been very helpful.

Originally Posted by 21H21J
The front desk staff mentioned that the bathroom cost $40k, but when I saw it I was "eh?", since when has a bit of marble and a dual head grohle shower cost so much? But perhaps this is another royal suite as there are no glass sliding doors...don't get me wrong, for the price we're paying it's great, but it's just two very nice rooms. I've had bigger wow factors at CPs (Limmasol and South Beach)

The club lounge is closed as they are refurbishing that floor, and also the spa and pool is closed with alternative facilities available at the Ritz. Whilst not a deal breaker, if I wanted to go to another hotel to use the spa, I'd probably stay at that hotel also.

Apart from one phone call the management have been conspicuously absent in resolving any problems.

For the sake of completeness, I'd already had a run in with the hotel before the stay over the addition of a 3% tax added to the advance payment total, but not shown on the booking total. After getting the Ambassador desk involved they agreed to refund the 3%. I would have had no issue in paying this had it been shown at the booking stage...
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:48 am

mxm135

Good to know, I was wondering esp for regulars at the hotel if they still do the favour.

I was talking to the front desk, he said that the President of the Board of Directors for RA who is also a regular at IC Centre, actually was the one that suggested to remove the lounge access to RAs, and was asked why he said "no real reason" WDF is that?!?!?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:05 am

Good to know, I was wondering esp for regulars at the hotel if they still do the favour.

I was talking to the front desk, he said that the President of the Board of Directors for RA who is also a regular at IC Centre, actually was the one that suggested to remove the lounge access to RAs, and was asked why he said "no real reason" WDF is that?!?!?
Heard something similarly vague, that this is some kind of corporate directive. If so quite alarming. maybe an experiment and reason for the creation of the new "executive" rooms here (basic but renovated) that I've been offered lately as the "upgrade" with no club access. This would address the minimum upgrade requirement for RA's to "executive", "club" or "suite".......
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:54 pm

Yep, I'm in 1020. No sliding doors or wow bathroom, unless you're easily impressed

I didn't book a club room, but would be livid if I had and then found the lounge closed. Curiously they are selling club rooms, so there must be some sort of vouchers being handed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.