IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Come on guys, lets move on.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a promo for IC Bali. Book 2 nights get 1 extra night. This is on twitter. Last stay march 31,2017.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Just noticed this sneak into the Ambassador T&C's upgrade exclusion list:

InterContinental Bali Resort Uluwatu, Jimbaran, Bukit Suite, Imperial Villa, Jivana Villa
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are the Duplexes facing the club pool?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Are the Duplexes facing the club pool?
Mhm I'm not so fond of the Duplexes so have only stayed in them a few times. From what I recall of the Club Wing (6xxx), the building part directly facing the Club pool has specialty suites (Uluwatu & Bukit) as well as a few (connecting) rooms that can be combined with the suites or be given stand alone (e.g. 6x25). We had the top floor Bukit Suite 2 years back I think and it occupies the entire lenght of the building part that is directly facing the Club pool.

Club Duplex is always on the 4th (top) floor IIRC so the closest you can get is probably a partial Club pool view from rooms that are angled towards the beach, face towards the little lake / Singaraja Wing (4xxx) and are close to the specialty suites. YMMV.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I'm considering a 5-night stay in May with my wife and daughter.

I've just read about the Ambassador program, and was considering signing up to that to get a better room. My plan had been to book a Club Duplex Suite in order to be upgraded to a Balinese suite.

When doing a search for my dates I see that no Balinese Suites show up. I assume this would mean that they are sold out. I am aware there are only 4 of the type.

How would Ambassador benefits come into play in this situation?

I see that Uluwatu Suites (and above) are now excluded from the Ambassador upgrade program. Does this mean that if I book the Club Duplex no upgrade would be given?

Also does this mean that if I simply paid for the Uluwatu Suite (and was an Ambassador), then being an Ambassador member would have no benefit in this situation?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demue
Mhm I'm not so fond of the Duplexes so have only stayed in them a few times. From what I recall of the Club Wing (6xxx), the building part directly facing the Club pool has specialty suites (Uluwatu & Bukit) as well as a few (connecting) rooms that can be combined with the suites or be given stand alone (e.g. 6x25). We had the top floor Bukit Suite 2 years back I think and it occupies the entire lenght of the building part that is directly facing the Club pool.

Club Duplex is always on the 4th (top) floor IIRC so the closest you can get is probably a partial Club pool view from rooms that are angled towards the beach, face towards the little lake / Singaraja Wing (4xxx) and are close to the specialty suites. YMMV.
I have stayed at the suits as well, once on the ground floor facing the pool and once on the top floor. Just checked my reservation and got a duplex first time. Will have to write again and tell them I dont want a duplex.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by User Name
I'm considering a 5-night stay in May with my wife and daughter.

I've just read about the Ambassador program, and was considering signing up to that to get a better room. My plan had been to book a Club Duplex Suite in order to be upgraded to a Balinese suite.

When doing a search for my dates I see that no Balinese Suites show up. I assume this would mean that they are sold out. I am aware there are only 4 of the type.

How would Ambassador benefits come into play in this situation?

I see that Uluwatu Suites (and above) are now excluded from the Ambassador upgrade program. Does this mean that if I book the Club Duplex no upgrade would be given?

Also does this mean that if I simply paid for the Uluwatu Suite (and was an Ambassador), then being an Ambassador member would have no benefit in this situation?

Thanks in advance.
Quoting my own post to give further information. I'd be grateful for anyone's experience on this.

I wrote to the hotel as follows:

I am considering booking a King Club Intercontinental Duplex, checking in on [date] and out on [date] using Ambassador status.

Could you please advise what room type I would be upgraded into on those dates?
Here is their response.

Warmest greetings from InterContinental Bali Resort.

Thank you for your email and if you make the booking in our Club Room and as part of Ambassador membership benefit, your room will be upgrade to Club Duplex Suite Room.

Mr. Roberts, could you please advise us if you done make the room reservation? therefore we could check in our system

We are looking forward to hearing from you,

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.
Aren't these the same room type? I'm confused.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:09 pm

They are the same room type!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Quoting my own post to give further information. I'd be grateful for anyone's experience on this.

I wrote to the hotel as follows:

Here is their response.

Aren't these the same room type? I'm confused.
varying reservations agents, varying results. The one that responded didn't get what you were asking obviously. Ask more direct. You want to book Club duplex as Amb and what upgrade you can expect. They will likely say Balinese suite (though they seem to have vanished from inventory, maybe renovation). You can add asking what option will be offered to Amb if Balinese Suite not available for upgrade. Be explicit, their English is not bad, but they struggle at times.

Likely they will say that Club room rate will be charged and Club Duplex given. They may put yoy into an Uluwatu suite, but that's totally up to the and will you need pick and / or a favorable decision by a higher manager.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by demue
varying reservations agents, varying results. The one that responded didn't get what you were asking obviously. Ask more direct. You want to book Club duplex as Amb and what upgrade you can expect. They will likely say Balinese suite (though they seem to have vanished from inventory, maybe renovation). You can add asking what option will be offered to Amb if Balinese Suite not available for upgrade. Be explicit, their English is not bad, but they struggle at times.

Likely they will say that Club room rate will be charged and Club Duplex given. They may put yoy into an Uluwatu suite, but that's totally up to the and will you need pick and / or a favorable decision by a higher manager.
Thanks. I wrote back to clarify the "difference" between the two rom types. They basically don't understand what "King Club Intercontinental Duplex" means. They sent me a nice reply with pictures and full descriptions pasted inline, but they still think I'm trying to book a Club room that isn't a Duplex.

I did, however, go on to ask which type of room would upgrade into a Balinese Suite, and they responded that
In regard the upgrade to Balinese Suite, we would like to inform you as new term & condition for Ambassador member, Balinese Suite is no longer part of room upgrade scheme.
The highest room upgrade scheme currently available in Club Duplex Suite Room
which is contrary to what I've read on this forum and also to the exclusions list on IHG's website.

The Duplex rate is US$38 per night higher than the regular Club room on the dates I'm staying. Over 5 nights that would equate to $190 in value for a membership costing $200 that I'm unlikely to use again during the year. It would appear that I am marginally better off booking the Duplex and not joining the Ambassador programme, assuming the mystery of the Balinese Suites is never cleared up.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You will get 20 different replies from 20 different people. I go straight to the head!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
You will get 20 different replies from 20 different people. I go straight to the head!
Who is that and what's your preferred method of contacting them?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who is that and what's your preferred method of contacting them?
You're not gonna like it but unfortunately I cannot divulge that contact name!
Old Mar 11, 2017, 1:30 pm

Visited the resort a few weeks ago, and it's really quite nice! A bit dated and worn in areas, but it looks like they're renovating so it's only a matter of time before it's looking new and fresh. Great staff, and very well manicured grounds. I did prefer the Sanur area to Jimbaran though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.