Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: SPG:PLAT DL:PM
Hello All - I have opted to Book a Balinese Club Suite for a prepaid raid of $386 a night and have already seen a confirmed upgrade to Uluwatu Suite in my "IHG reservations" tab based of ambassador status. Does anyone have any experience staying in this room? In particular I've read a few people mention that the higher floors face the pool while the ground floor is beach facing?

Thanks in Advance
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, they are both right. Because first you have the Club pool in front of the wing where the Uluwatu Suites are and beyond the pool is the beach and ocean. So you get both. One of the Uluwatu suites on higher floor allows a better view of the beach, the ground floor one gives quick acces to Club pool area. The price you paid is pretty good for Balinese suite, just keep im mind that there is an additional 21% on top of that.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 3:10 pm

I've just stayed in the Uluwatu suite on the ground floor - I love it as you can just walk out through the windows to the club pool and pool bar. There is a better view from the suites on the floors above - depends on what's available on your checkin which you will get.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I forget now, the hotel has a Club Advance rate of $630 for 3 nights, is this the main lounge or the small lounge on the second floor?

Name:  bali.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  188.8 KB
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I forget now, the hotel has a Club Advance rate of $630 for 3 nights, is this the main lounge or the small lounge on the second floor?
The screenshot shows a Resort Classic room, which I imagine would give you access to neither. Unless I'm missing something it looks like the 'Club Advance' is the 'Your Rate by IHG Rewards Club Advance Purchase'.

IIRC the Singaraja rooms have access to the small lounge.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
When to book for late August Stay

Wife and I are flying to Bali in late Aug for a two week stay. We are also doing a side trip and rt flight to Borobudur.

As I would imagine, a room at the Bali Intercontinental is about double the price in August from what it costs now. If I want to use points or a free night cert, when should I book? I'm basically asking if the Intercontinental sells out in August.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: hilton, hyatt, ihg, accor, best western, marriott, starwood
Originally Posted by 355F1
AWESOME!

So, I just booked my hotels.

Tue/Wed nights: IC Bali $137/night (not going to get Club Access but may pay for Breakfast if offered at check-in)

Thu/Fri/ nights: Ibis Styles Petiteenget (brand new hotel--opened in June, in Seminyak for $35/night)

Sat/Sun nights: HIX Kuta $33/night

I have never changed hotels in a city so this will be interesting and give me a taste of different neighborhoods!

Last edited by greenfrog2015; Jan 14, 2017 at 8:40 am
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Wife and I are flying to Bali in late Aug for a two week stay. We are also doing a side trip and rt flight to Borobudur.

As I would imagine, a room at the Bali Intercontinental is about double the price in August from what it costs now. If I want to use points or a free night cert, when should I book? I'm basically asking if the Intercontinental sells out in August.
I won't predict, but for August we've always booked early, because the hotel is usually sold out.
Reward night res can be cancelled anyway, so you remain flexible.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
August looks pricey. Checked a weeks booking, and cheapest was $220 a night.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
August looks pricey. Checked a weeks booking, and cheapest was $220 a night.
I think it's just too far out. There were good sales for August/September of this year, but they didn't start advertising them until June.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well I was there last Aug during 2nd week of the month and Classic rooms were going for close to 300US$ a night inclusive of the 21% tax ans service charges. Our Club room ran close to 600US$ a night.

while we didn't pay those rates I would secure a refundable rate first and then monitor and switch when things drop. YMMV
Old Jan 14, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by demue
Well I was there last Aug during 2nd week of the month and Classic rooms were going for close to 300US$ a night inclusive of the 21% tax ans service charges. Our Club room ran close to 600US$ a night.

while we didn't pay those rates I would secure a refundable rate first and then monitor and switch when things drop. YMMV
Who in their right mind would spend $600 a night for a club room here?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Who in their right mind would spend $600 a night for a club room here?
Fully agree, but I'm just reporting what rates I observed last Aug. Keep in mind I'm quoting all in, but still crazy amounts. I had booked a Singaraja Duplex on a flex corp rate for around 280$ probably 5-6 months earlier and gotten the upgrade to Club as AMB. I always monitor rates, so seeing 300$ even for a Classic room that week in Aug felt crazy. Lots of tourists from Russia and so at that time (non Club).
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:31 am

Well, another interesting exchange with our friends from the IC Bali reservations team. The one consistent things here is that answers are inconsistent.

Now this seems to be more relevant for AMB than RA, but FYI first while I clarify some further.

I have a bookings for later this year (amb cert + separate paid booking) and based on past policy usually book a Singaraja Duplex to receive upgrade to Club room with club benefits. Mind you that for my dates the actual rate difference between Singaraja Duplex and Club room is about 60$++.

Well, that seems to be a thing of the past if the latest info I got holds. I saw my room type change online to Club Duplex and thought, oh very generous to give a two category upgrade. Haha, so I thought at first.

However, having had plenty of issues on that front (with reservations team) in the past, I thought better safe than sorry and inquired on latest AMB upgrade policy. What I got is below:

Booked Room >> Upgraded Room
Resort Classic >> Singaraja Room
Singaraja Room >> Duplex Suite
Duplex Suite >> Singaraja Suite
Singaraja Suite >> Club Duplex Suite (no club benefits)
Club Room >> Club Duplex Suite
Club Duplex Suite >> Balinese Suite
Balinese Suite >> Uluwatu Suite
Uluwatu Suite >> Jimbaran Suite
Jimbaran Suite >> Bukit Suite
Bukit Suite >> Not available

Now it appears that someone thought to be smart and introduced a "new" room category called Singaraja Suite (this is not a Singaraja Duplex) that is non-bookable and nowhere mentioned even on the IC Bali website under Accommodation section. This reminds me of the old Classic Suites topic which was also non-bookable and purely used for AMB upgrades. Though that one was an actual, different room type, which I can't confirm for a Singaraja Suite yet. I asked for layout and location of rooms though - of course.

Now the real fun part is that I'm also being asked now to pay a 50$++ supplement to get Club access as otherwise the Club Duplex room will be just that, a Duplex room without Club benefits. What a joke. Keep in mind this is not a pay up type request like when booking a points night, no, this is for a paid night booked into a Singaraja Duplex that used to go to Club room with benefits for an AMB. By "inventing" (tbc) a non-bookable category like a Singaraja Suite, they are basically preventing the need to upgrade and AMB to a room with Club benefits.

I'm not quite sure what genius thought this to be a good idea, could be related to the new global RA policies that guarantee club access for them, but I'm certainly not having it and am escalating it already. If they would spend as much time on polishing the overall guest experience like they do thinking of new ways to scr*w their status members while staying within Ambassador program policy / T&Cs then they could be truly exceptional.

To be seen ...

Last edited by demue; Jan 16, 2017 at 8:52 am
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
T&Cs now explicitly state that club access is not an AMB benefit and will not be given. So Bali's change may be in light of this global change.

Singaraja rooms have recently been renovated, so there may indeed be a Singaraja Suite now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.