IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Had 3 reservations for 5 days. 3 were paid (Singaraja duplex), and 2 reward stays.
Upgraded all reservations to RESORT CLASSIC SUITE.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question

Originally Posted by paag
Had 3 reservations for 5 days. 3 were paid (Singaraja duplex), and 2 reward stays.
Upgraded all reservations to RESORT CLASSIC SUITE.
So no Club Lounge Access?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I initally tried to book all 3 nights using the AMB cert but the system did ot like that.
I then made 2 reservations and yes I intentionally booked the first night's room different from the other 2 nights. I wanted to test to see how much IHG properties values its repeat guests and their top tiers. That is will they upgrade to all 3 nights to the same upgrade level or would they play a game and leave you in 2 different rooms for the 3 nights.

Guess what, I am going to be in the Uluwatu Suite for all 3 nights.
That's what I thought. This kind of situation usually needs to be raised to management level as I mentioned as regular staff can't make the call. Enjoy your stay.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:05 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So no Club Lounge Access?
Nope, definitely not. Those suites are decent and as high as you can get without paying for Club. Any of the higher suites require you to book a Club room or higher and then your final room / suite assignment depends on RA vs. AMB and your negotiation skills / relationship with them.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
IC Bali Master Thread [merged]

Anyone having experience with using into the nights freenights here?
We have 4 together...both AMB plat and Amb gold?
Upgrade possible and if yes to which room?
How much is the fee for upgrading to club?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 5:02 am

Assuming that your ITN free nights are treated like award redemption nights they will book into a Resort classic room. If they treat them like redemption nights no upgrade will be given as per T&Cs which they follow quite strictly. You can likely negotiate a bump to a Singaraja room with a bit of persistence or pay a Club room supplement which last time I heard was around 120 US$ per night and room.

YMMV
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:43 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Email

Anyone having an email for requesting upgrade and fees for club etc.?
Rgs
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
Rgs

[email protected]
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
Rgs
[email protected]
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Is resort classic worth using reward nights for? I have 2 nights using "free Chase nights" and 2 nights using points in resort classic. I just got our 2 free nights for this year that I could use instead of points but the rooms only cost about $230 a night. Is it a good redemption? Also any chance of getting a free roll-away bed when we have 2 adults/2 kids?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:11 pm

Is the rate 230 US$ net or already including the 21% tax and service charge? Don't forget those.

I'm also currently pondering whether to use points as rate at the moment is 161US$ ++ for the time we plan to be there and that would get us at least a Singaraja room before moving to a Jimbaran suite on a FWNC.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:54 pm

We're staying for 7 nights soon - 6 paid in a Club room and the last one on points - they won't make us move - will they? I'm considering canceling the reward night and booking a paid one instead.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
We're staying for 7 nights soon - 6 paid in a Club room and the last one on points - they won't make us move - will they? I'm considering canceling the reward night and booking a paid one instead.
Don't cancel anything, if they value you as a loyal customer they will not make you move, be persistent.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:51 am

They may try, depends. I would think at a minimum they will ask for the Club room supplement for the last night, which I would (dare I say) not find that unreasonable. But certainly try to negotiate it for free.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I have 10 nights booked on points for August and have upgraded this to club duplex for $140++ per night. This is a good deal as with two kids in tow the breakfast alone covers much of extra cost. I don't get access to the lounge after 4pm as the kids are not yet 12. No big deal as drinks are also available at the club pool.
This is a lovely result but showing its age in the rooms. My last duplex experience was very tired indeed with a bath that was impossible to fill.
Still something to look forward too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.