Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Hi All

I have finally got round to writing my trip report from August and I stayed at the IC Bali. Please see below the link to the relevant post within my report:

Intercontinental Bali Review

Regards

aks120
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by aks120
Hi All

I have finally got round to writing my trip report from August and I stayed at the IC Bali. Please see below the link to the relevant post within my report:

Intercontinental Bali Review

Regards

aks120
Hi aks, I read your trip report and I had a question. I am not Platinum Ambassador, but only Platinum. I will be staying at the hotel in a few months. I used my 2 free nights that I earned from the Into the Nights Promotion (Sat and Sun). I would like a Club Room. How did you arrange the Club Room? I see you paid 60 pounds extra per night. They would not allow me to do it at the time of booking.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
Hi aks, I read your trip report and I had a question. I am not Platinum Ambassador, but only Platinum. I will be staying at the hotel in a few months. I used my 2 free nights that I earned from the Into the Nights Promotion (Sat and Sun). I would like a Club Room. How did you arrange the Club Room? I see you paid 60 pounds extra per night. They would not allow me to do it at the time of booking.
Hiya

I used the website for booking the Ambassador 241 (not sure if it is the same for the Into the Nights promo) and a Club room was one of the options. As I did not stay enough for the promotion, I am afraid I can't really answer your question as it seems like there is a different procedure - hopefully someone will be along shortly to answer better for you!

aks120
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
I just booked four (2 free and 2*35K nights) here in July. I am just PLAT and I got the "Resort Classic" room. Anyone have any idea/experience with these and any suggestions on request I can make to the property as a preferred location, please?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Originally Posted by FT-hss
I just booked four (2 free and 2*35K nights) here in July. I am just PLAT and I got the "Resort Classic" room. Anyone have any idea/experience with these and any suggestions on request I can make to the property as a preferred location, please?
Help??
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Beach at low tide

I am thinking of staying at IC Bali but a little bit hesitant on one issue: my previous experience in Bali (although I was staying at Sanur area) was that sea would disappear behind a reef for 2nd half of the day. What about the beach at IC Bali - is the sea swimmable at low tide?
AX
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by AX9465
I am thinking of staying at IC Bali but a little bit hesitant on one issue: my previous experience in Bali (although I was staying at Sanur area) was that sea would disappear behind a reef for 2nd half of the day. What about the beach at IC Bali - is the sea swimmable at low tide?
AX
Yes, although there can be high waves that may make entering the sea and swimming less "convenient".
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I swam both in the morning and the late afternoon and it is fine. In the afternoon when low tide hits you just need to walk in further. Around evening the tide comes in again.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:08 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by demue
I swam both in the morning and the late afternoon and it is fine. In the afternoon when low tide hits you just need to walk in further. Around evening the tide comes in again.
Interesting place, that BALI. The low tide always comes in the afternoon... Did you notice anything suspicuous about the moon as well?

HTB.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Can one of you please check for me?

I am trying to make a reservation using my AMB cert and the link for reserving such a room. But it says no rooms for AMB cert, or am I doing something wrong. This is not the first time I am making such a booking.

June 4-7
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Try booking the Thursday night separate and then amb cert for fri and sat.

I checked and it works fine. Maybe the extra thu is spooking the system. It should be cheaper that way too.

Good luck.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dewby
Try booking the Thursday night separate and then amb cert for fri and sat.

I checked and it works fine. Maybe the extra thu is spooking the system. It should be cheaper that way too.

Good luck.
Thanks, will try that now. I found it odd.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Does Singaraja Room give Lounge or Club Access, it states, Singaraja Lounge access, but for the rest of the higher level rooms it states, Club Lounge Access?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: IHG Pl. Amb / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold /FB Gold / M&M SEN
My experience is from a few years back, but what I recall is the Singaraja rooms & suites having a small 'lounge' with some juices/coffee/tea and light snacks (cookies/fruits/etc) only. Don't expect anything near a club with this.
But it's at least 5 years since I've stayed there so maybe someone can just confirm this
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diederik
My experience is from a few years back, but what I recall is the Singaraja rooms & suites having a small 'lounge' with some juices/coffee/tea and light snacks (cookies/fruits/etc) only. Don't expect anything near a club with this.
But it's at least 5 years since I've stayed there so maybe someone can just confirm this
ok, i got it, I think the Singaraja lounge is a smaller one, on the upper level, If I am not wrong. So I have to book a room with Club Lounge Access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.