Does Intercontinental ever status match for royal ambassador.

Old Dec 13, 2004, 9:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ac elite
Does Intercontinental ever status match for royal ambassador.

I am am top tier with several hotel programs just wondering if royal ambassador comps status.
Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2004, 1:18 pm

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
At times they comp to Ambassador, although officially they don't. If you want to get instant RA status you should try to get an RA invitations from a fellow FT.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 6:47 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by loungelizard
I am am top tier with several hotel programs just wondering if royal ambassador comps status.
Thanks
I believe I remember to have seen someone claiming that he got comped to RA by pleading his case to the RA service desk and showing some status credentials from the other program(s). As they have been quite unpredictable in granting RA to PC/Ambassador members I wouldn't rule it out completely though it is something not often heard about.

I could imagine that if you buy Ambassador and have a rather impressive amount of nights clocked last/this year (e.g. 100+) then they might go for it. Otherwise they might offer a challenge. Just a guess though. Maybe they say no way, but maybe it'll be much easier than expected. Good luck any way. Cheers ...
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
AMBASSADOR and ROYAL AMBASSADOR are NOT FREQUENT STAY PROGRAMS! So what would you match with? PC PLATINUM is a frequent stay program and thus could be matched by similar top tier status at another program.

ROYAL AMBASSADOR would require contact with IC sales and basically guaranteeing them $50K of business in the course of a year at IC branded properties. If they deem your business worth while, they might comp you. However, if you just show Plat SPG based on 25 stays at Four Pts, forget it. If you do the same with Luxury Collection and St Regis properties, they might consider it. But this is a CIP program, given to their customers who IC believes to be "commercially important people".

Those who have received the invitation have earned it through their patronage of IC brand and other IC properties over many years. Since you have never even held AMBASSADOR, there might be some suspicion about just granting it on spec [afterall, minibars don't come cheap]. Have you ever stayed at ICs in the past? How often? Where do you travel most, and are there IC branded properties in those locations?
Old Dec 14, 2004, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL (suckered me into) Diamond, ICH Plat RA, SPG Plat
I can vouch that it would be very difficult to get RA on a comp. A friend who is SPG Plat asked for a comp (in part because of my raving of the RA program) but was denied.

None of the other hotel programs that I've seen are really comparable to RA. I think they are doing a great job of reserving their best benefits for their best customers. Its a very expensive program to administer (free minibar and massages as well as guaranteed upgrades), but I'm sure it gives them unrivaled loyalty. Giving people comps doesn't make sense as it would just dilute RA to be on par with every other program (with higher enrollment comes higher costs which eventually leads to less benefits, etc.). I imagine this is why they keep it distinctly separate from the normal PC program.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 7:18 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Ra Comp

hi

i am a Hilton Diamond and i will re-qualify this year with 200K Basepoints with Hilton.

I am a Starwood Platinum based on my centurioncard and have 17 stays with starwood so far.

But seeing all the promos i might go for IC properties.

I will get my free PC Platinum status through my amex soon, but how high are the chances if i fax them my statement (hilton) which shows them that i have staid one month in a conrad property? (cost around 15000 USD)

i was planning to fax them my statement after i finished my stays in the conrad and than ask for upgrade to RA .

i think i can bring them more money than all the people who got a referral voucher for RA...

But i dont want to earn the status from the beginning.

sure the idea is to earn it first , but i would like to get it first , and than earn it the REAL way

so is it worth a try to ask for a upgrade to Royal A.?

thx

dp
Old Oct 22, 2005, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I suggest you at least spring for the $150 AMBASSADOR membership before seeking a comp to RA, even based on your high spend at Hilton/Conrad and elsewhere. I would have expected with ICH offering PC Plat to Amex Centurian cardholders, they might have sweetened the pot by making it at least Plat with AMBASSADOR. Since the AMBASSADOR/RA program is not fully comparable to other elite tiers, asking for a status match may not be the best route to get that status.

You can always try by making a deal to stay X number of nights/$XKs spend at IC-branded properties and see if that works.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 6:28 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Any recent reports?
Old Aug 30, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by al613
Any recent reports?
I would also appreciate hearing from current Ambassador and/or RA members about recent developments/opportunities in the program.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by boxweaver
(free minibar and massages as well as guaranteed upgrades)
Oh, I should read again the T&Cs (maybe the Thai version of the RA brochure)
Old Aug 30, 2010, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Oh, I should read again the T&Cs (maybe the Thai version of the RA brochure)
Well as an RA I was upgraded to IC Club at the Pudong IC and there were free back and neck massages on offer in the lounge during cocktail hours. Same in Tel Aviv!
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:34 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Originally Posted by boxweaver
Its a very expensive program to administer (free minibar and massages as well as guaranteed upgrades)
I'm definitely gonna ask for the free massage benefit when I'm at the IC BKK this weekend!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:20 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mister__big
I'm definitely gonna ask for the free massage benefit when I'm at the IC BKK this weekend!
maybe someone should have started a new thread listing IC that offers free massage benefit.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Any new updates?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Shareholder
But this is a CIP program, given to their customers who IC believes to be "commercially important people".
Does that make me a CIP?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.