IC Carlton Cannes Master Thread [merged] - rebranded as Regent

Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
IC Carlton Cannes Master Thread [merged] - rebranded as Regent

I have a reservation this coming summer for a cheapest classic room with PC pts. I check my reservation today and find that the classic room was changed to a 1 King bed executive mountain view room.

The mountain view room is definitely not what I want. I used to stay there on pts as well couple years ago but was upgraded straight to 1 king bed surperior seaview suite. I'm wondering if the hotel has changed the policy for the stays on pts. Have anyone actually stayed at the executive mountain view room before? Will they further change my reservation to upper room category or the seaview suite when the arrival date approaches? Any experience?

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to this post could be found in the archive thread of this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ve-thread.html

Thank you
FLYGVA

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jul 5, 2012 at 1:09 am
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I have a reservation this coming summer for a cheapest classic room with PC pts. I check my reservation today and find that the classic room was changed to a 1 King bed executive mountain view room.
I am interested in recent reviews of this hotel too as I currently have a Queen Bed Deluxe Sea View Room reserved on fully flex for 2 nights in August (intending to use BOGOF) so I am wondering what upgrade I will get.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:57 am
uk1
Suspended

I'd not want to stay in either an exec room or a mountain view room. I've only seen a classic room when I had it for an hour as a holding pen, and I think the exec is a touch bigger. It wouldn't even do as a holding pen. The classic room was an inch all round bigger than the bed.

As an RA you should contact the hotel and see what you can actually expect - and then go somewhere else if that's as good as they are offering. Frankly I'd go to Citadines rather than that.

Sorry to sound so disheartening but it's best to avoid dissapointments.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by GordonGordon

The mountain view room is definitely not what I want. I used to stay there on pts as well couple years ago but was upgraded straight to 1 king bed surperior seaview suite. I'm wondering if the hotel has changed the policy for the stays on pts. Have anyone actually stayed at the executive mountain view room before? Will they further change my reservation to upper room category or the seaview suite when the arrival date approaches? Any experience?
My last stay here as an RA was quite disappointing - I booked a Classic on Best-flex (paid) rate. First they tried to put me in a TINY sea-view room...not even an Exec! I complained and after lots of frowning and tutting from the reception they "managed to find me" an Exec sea-view. But no suite - even tho they were showing plenty of availability on-line. (Which I pointed out to reception, only to receive more tutting and a feeble explanation that "the on-line booking record is out of date"!).

Pretty poor all round, considering I've been going there every year for about 15 years. And this was my first (and last) time as an RA. Still, thinking about giving them another go this year, but if I was disappointed like that again it would be my last visit.

Shame really, as I love the Carlton - but don't want to end up fighting for a reasonable room each time. Fair enough if they are full, but not otherwise.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:01 pm
uk1
Suspended

I went through many years of booking classic and getting the full sea view 1 or 2 bedroom suite. Obviously all has changed.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton
InterContinental (Carlton) CANNES. Still what it used to be?

Hi,

Im of to a business trip in Monaco around 1 March, so thought Id take the wife along for a couple day, to get away from it all just the two of us.

Am considering using a reward points for a 3 night stay, which gives me a classic room. Is this property the same today as it once was? How wud I go about securing an upgrade to the next level room considering Im Platinum member.

Tnx
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Upgrades:

You'd stand more chance if you were an ambassador...

I always make contact with the hotel first - that's normally helps with upgrades..
Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

You'll find some information about the hotel in this thread, though not specific to your status:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...questions.html

Go to the last page or two for recent stay experiences.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
This is a report on my August 2010 stay at IC Carlton Cannes as Platinum Ambassador. I had several stays here in the past years, mostly paid stays.

I stayed with my wife from Aug 17 to 20 on PC points (120000), Aug 20 to 22 (Fri to Sun) on amb cert, rate Euro 410 per one night.

Came by car. Staff unloaded luggage quickly and drove the car to the hotel garage.

Checkin was fast and friendly, got the keycards after 1 min., fifth floor, side view west, partly sea view if standing at the window. Seemed superiour category (one category upgrade). Water, fruits and some sweet prepared on a round table. Nice big yellow style room, renovated 5 years ago I was told. Furniture so so, kind of old style and not exciting. New Philips LCD TV, 26" I think. Bathroom no shower. WC in the bathroom. Asked for a sea view room and/or shower bathroom but n/a, was told to come again next day to check again.

Dinner that evening on terrace (wonderful weather), sea view/Croisette view, at the Carlton restaurant was very good. Nice and friendly stuff, food quality not to complaint, simply high quality french/international cuisine. Price normal for Cannes and hotel class (around Euro 80 per person incl. 3 glasses of Champagne, half bottle (0,5l) of wine, main course and dessert, espresso).

Breakfast next morning absolutely ok as expected (34 Euro buffet breakfast).

Came than to front desk re. another room as agreed, front desk lady tried, but a supervisor lady told her this would be an ugrade with Euro 200 per night, so I refused, also it would be 1st floor which I did not want. In fact one year ago I was RA (lost it due to a business break through heart surgery) and upgraded to sea view room old style with WC in a kind of cupboard in the room. Was told to not give up, she would try next day again to find another room.

Next morning water came down from the bath room ceiling. Maintenance people came and opened the ceiling. Bath room out of order around 1,5h. Dropping not fully stopped. Reason was defect sink in the bath room on floor up. Later the small ceiling implemented lamps began to turn off (rest water). I went to the front desk and got another room, east side 5th floor, same size, green style, white walls, furniture very dated, carpet really old, but big bathroom in good condition with shower.

Overall I was very satisfied with the stay. Every dinner and breakfast was fine. Room service fully ok, Club Sandwich, Cesars Salad, Assortment of Patissery.

The hotel itself needs renovation. I read somewhere the lobby was renovated but it was not (maybe some new blue sofas in the back), but this is the less urgent problem (lobby and bar area is in good condition and "grand"), as the rooms and bathrooms need renovation, the corridors as well.

The staff told me the 7th floor suites had been renovated but renovation in general now has been totally stopped and the hotel is for sale, but would stay with Intercontinental group.

The staff keeps the hotel up and is excellent efficient and friendly. Gave tips upon situation from 5-20 Euro. Concierge is very helpful with e.g. restaurant bookings.

The restaurant and cafe terrace is the most beautiful and best located in Cannes. The hotel location is very convenient in summer, you just cross the Croisette street in front of the hotel and you are on the private Carlton beach and go for lunch in the beach restaurant. High guest class from Germany, France, Italy, US, and many from Russia and Middle East. Families with children. Always jewellery and art expositions there. Wonderful athmosphere.

Finally: IC Carlton Cannes is worth to stay at, you will have a wonderful holiday experience, and Cannes is a good base to explore the region. I will be there again in 5 weeks with friends, partly amb cert, partly paid. The rates are lower from Oct. on.

Last edited by submonte; Aug 29, 2010 at 10:12 am
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
This is a report on my August 2010 stay at IC Carlton Cannes as Platinum Ambassador. I had several stays here in the past years, mostly paid stays.

I stayed with my wife from Aug 17 to 20 on PC points (120000), Aug 20 to 22 (Fri to Sun) on amb cert, rate Euro 410 per one night.

Came by car. Staff unloaded luggage quickly and drove the car to the hotel garage.

Checkin was fast and friendly, got the keycards after 1 min., fifth floor, side view west, partly sea view if standing at the window. Seemed superiour category (one category upgrade). Water, fruits and some sweet prepared on a round table. Nice big yellow style room, renovated 5 years ago I was told. Furniture so so, kind of old style and not exciting. New Philips LCD TV, 26" I think. Bathroom no shower. WC in the bathroom. Asked for a sea view room and/or shower bathroom but n/a, was told to come again next day to check again.

Dinner that evening on terrace (wonderful weather), sea view/Croisette view, at the Carlton restaurant was very good. Nice and friendly stuff, food quality not to complaint, simply high quality french/international cuisine. Price normal for Cannes and hotel class (around Euro 80 per person incl. 3 glasses of Champagne, half bottle (0,5l) of wine, main course and dessert, espresso).

Breakfast next morning absolutely ok as expected (34 Euro buffet breakfast).

Came than to front desk re. another room as agreed, front desk lady tried, but a supervisor lady told her this would be an ugrade with Euro 200 per night, so I refused, also it would be 1st floor which I did not want. In fact one year ago I was RA (lost it due to a business break through heart surgery) and upgraded to sea view room old style with WC in a kind of cupboard in the room. Was told to not give up, she would try next day again to find another room.

Next morning water came down from the bath room ceiling. Maintenance people came and opened the ceiling. Bath room out of order around 1,5h. Dropping not fully stopped. Reason was defect sink in the bath room on floor up. Later the small ceiling implemented lamps began to turn off (rest water). I went to the front desk and got another room, east side 5th floor, same size, green style, white walls, furniture very dated, carpet really old, but big bathroom in good condition with shower.

Overall I was very satisfied with the stay. Every dinner and breakfast was fine. Room service fully ok, Club Sandwich, Cesars Salad, Assortment of Patissery.

The hotel itself needs renovation. I read somewhere the lobby was renovated but it was not (maybe some new blue sofas in the back), but this is the less urgent problem (lobby and bar area is in good condition and "grand"), as the rooms and bathrooms need renovation, the corridors as well.

The staff told me the 7th floor suites had been renovated but renovation in general now has been totally stopped and the hotel is for sale, but would stay with Intercontinental group.

The staff keeps the hotel up and is excellent efficient and friendly. Gave tips upon situation from 5-20 Euro. Concierge is very helpful with e.g. restaurant bookings.

The restaurant and cafe terrace is the most beautiful and best located in Cannes. The hotel location is very convenient in summer, you just cross the Croisette street in front of the hotel and you are on the private Carlton beach and go for lunch in the beach restaurant. High guest class from Germany, France, Italy, US, and many from Russia and Middle East. Families with children. Always jewellery and art expositions there. Wonderful athmosphere.

Finally: IC Carlton Cannes is worth to stay at, you will have a wonderful holiday experience, and Cannes is a good base to explore the region. I will be there again in 5 weeks with friends, partly amb cert, partly paid. The rates are lower from Oct. on.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2011, 1:39 pm

Some pictures

I stayed in the Intercontintenal Cannes in a suite.
Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....l-carlton.html
Old Jan 15, 2011, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I love having at this hotel my friendly "Bienvenue au Carlton Monsieur Nicolas75. Cela nous fait grand plaisir de vous revoir! Votre suite est prte."
Old Jan 16, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: 1K Mileage Plus, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded
Here some pictures:
Thanks for the post. It is good to hear a recent review of this property. I just booked a trip there for September on combos of points, BOGO and paid nights. I was getting a bit worried because everyone says the rooms are quite dated and it is not one of the less expensive ICs in Europe.

I booked a Deluxe Sea View room on my paid nights and they have already upgraded my BOGO and Point nights to that room type. Hopefully with my PlatAmb status I will get a full upgrade as well closer to the trip.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded
Here some pictures:

I don't recall getting such a courteous message @ turn down .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.