Search

IC Carlton Cannes Master Thread [merged] - rebranded as Regent

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Totally agree Rapahael was excellent in providing true customer service
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: AA,DL
I'll be redeeming my free Chase night at this property later this year--what type of treatment should I expect? Only a lowly Plat, btw--
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by lauterbrunnen
I'll be redeeming my free Chase night at this property later this year--what type of treatment should I expect? Only a lowly Plat, btw--
Probably an upgrade to city view ?
Is it really worth to redeem in an hotel an EURO 150 / 200 NT off season with breakfast ?
Do you have breakfast with the chase certificate. ? Breakfast for 2 will about euro 80.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Probably an upgrade to city view ?
Is it really worth to redeem in an hotel an EURO 150 / 200 NT off season with breakfast ?
Do you have breakfast with the chase certificate. ? Breakfast for 2 will about euro 80.
Breakfast will not be included unless I have a pleasant surprise.

I redeemed last year at IC Paris Grand--lobby and common areas lovely, but as a Plat, got a tiny room facing interior space with a/c equipment ( and definitely no breakfast!) Very glad it was only one night till we could move to another property. It was useful for the one night I couldn't get reservation in other hotel-- so was hoping this redemption might be better! We shall see.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:34 am

Breakfast will not be included unless I have a pleasant surprise.

I redeemed last year at IC Paris Grand--lobby and common areas lovely, but as a Plat, got a tiny room facing interior space with a/c equipment ( and definitely no breakfast!) Very glad it was only one night till we could move to another property. It was useful for the one night I couldn't get reservation in other hotel-- so was hoping this redemption might be better! We shall see.
Thank you for the info and sorry to hear the experience at the IC Paris.
I thought that Plat was the highest status before A / RA ,?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:35 am

I agree with cedricgerald - definitely pay with cash and book a rate with breakfast included at the Carlton. It's one of the best breakfasts I've had anywhere including champagne if you want it. Use your points at an hotel other than an IC to get the best value and treatment as a Plat.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I agree with cedricgerald - definitely pay with cash and book a rate with breakfast included at the Carlton. It's one of the best breakfasts I've had anywhere including champagne if you want it. Use your points at an hotel other than an IC to get the best value and treatment as a Plat.
I have not had any luck in the past trying this-- but do you know if it's possible to use a certificate and points and/or cash to upgrade?( short of just paying outright for the full incremental difference?) I was trying to utilize the free night cert before it expires--
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:18 pm

I have not had any luck in the past trying this-- but do you know if it's possible to use a certificate and points and/or cash to upgrade?( short of just paying outright for the full incremental difference?) I was trying to utilize the free night cert before it expires--
It should be possible to upgrade with cash, however I'll suggest to arrnage the upgrade prior arrival : during the summer the offer once an upsale to to a suite for only euro 800...
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:52 pm

You can only add breakfast at the full rate which is I think something like €49 per person - I tried when I stayed using a BOGOF recently. I'm an RA so got a very nice upgrade anyway but no breakfast at the reduced rate included with some rates.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
You can only add breakfast at the full rate which is I think something like €49 per person - I tried when I stayed using a BOGOF recently. I'm an RA so got a very nice upgrade anyway but no breakfast at the reduced rate included with some rates.
breakfast is "only" 43 IIRC.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:00 pm

speaking about breakfast there, they have some small bottle of juice and some large bottles at the buffet
For the large bottle, it's obvious that you can't bring them to you table.
but for the small bottle o juice & coke which are about the size of one full glass, can we bring them to the table ?

I was about to bring the champagne bucket back to my room but my 3 years old look at me strangely so I stoped. )
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:12 pm

My parents check in today at 6 pm and no rooms were available.

I called them to check how was the room :
- My parents told me they have a drink at the bar (on the hotel) as there were only one room available and the previous guest didn't leave yet.
- checked on the web and there were rooms and suites available... When hotels will understand and that we all have smartphone and their hotels have web site !!!!

- I called the hotel and they just found a room, probably they were about to inform my parents (like to be little sarcastic)

Virtuoso booking upgrade from classic to city view (no extra upgrade for the wait).

Avoid the south of France during the summer, service is poor....

Send an email on 07/21 to confirm beach chairs for 07/27.
07/25 no news : called the concierge : he asked me when do you send the email, to who....(I hate them when they do that)
After a little hold on the phone, found the email but the beach is closed so can't confirm. Give him my cell phone and asked me to be called today.
At 3 pm no call, send a new email (and copy a manager) and got a reply !!
(2 emails plus a phone call for an easy request)
On my email, I also mention my parents ETA of 4 / 5 pm.... Glad I did it....
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:10 pm

Looking to book using Chase Free Night and/or Points for 3 nights in late August and the rewards option is showing non-refundable and deposit required. It does not however list a deposit amount/method it all during the booking process. What do they mean by the deposit- just the points? What happens if I book and then cancel- will they charge me the almost 1,000 Euros per night? Is that perhaps the deposit then? No information is listed and IHG member services is unsure of how it works too, so I'm a little hesitant with booking the reward nights so far.

Any tips/feedback would be gladly appreciated.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Looking to book using Chase Free Night and/or Points for 3 nights in late August and the rewards option is showing non-refundable and deposit required. It does not however list a deposit amount/method it all during the booking process. What do they mean by the deposit- just the points? What happens if I book and then cancel- will they charge me the almost 1,000 Euros per night? Is that perhaps the deposit then? No information is listed and IHG member services is unsure of how it works too, so I'm a little hesitant with booking the reward nights so far.

Any tips/feedback would be gladly appreciated.
made a one nigh award booking using "Holiday inn point" and they said cancelation 2 weeks ahead otherwise 1000 euros in cash (don't know if they refund you the points).

Right now (and probably in august as well) this hotel runs at about 700 euro for the lead in room and more than 1000 euro for sea view so if you can use points go for it
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by cedricgerald
made a one nigh award booking using "Holiday inn point" and they said cancelation 2 weeks ahead otherwise 1000 euros in cash (don't know if they refund you the points).

Right now (and probably in august as well) this hotel runs at about 700 euro for the lead in room and more than 1000 euro for sea view so if you can use points go for it
Right, I know it's an awesome deal and totally makes sense to use points there. I'm just worried, what happens if my train is delayed or the flight is cancelled into NCE and I no-show the first night? I don't want to get charged the cash value of the night! I'm just a college student and that's a lot of $! Still would love to stay at this hotel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.